PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new manager?

Pages : [1] 2

Troy.McClure
01/03/2005, 10:33 PM
Rico is the early runner but maybe Ashton is in with a shout.

Id like to see Rico given another shot with City, although I think his record at Shels goes against him, but he plays football the way it should be. I know there's slim chance of getting him but Paul Doolin has always impressed me (except when he did a Roddy to Drogs from UCD)

Could a mod make a poll please once another few names are thrown about?
"Who would you like to be the next City manager"
*Rico
*Ashton
*N. O'Conner
*Doolin
*Murphy
*Other

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 10:35 PM
doolin

yan
01/03/2005, 10:36 PM
wat about the return of davie barry!!

yan
01/03/2005, 10:39 PM
ashton is charge temp

corkcityfc.ie

dcnags
01/03/2005, 11:26 PM
Is John Gill still hanging around or was he only there for the dublin city game? Could he be a possible target if he was already being lined up for a coaching/assistant manager role?

Éanna
01/03/2005, 11:38 PM
Is John Gill still hanging around or was he only there for the dublin city game? Could he be a possible target if he was already being lined up for a coaching/assistant manager role?
Gill and Dolan are good buddies. Can't see him hanging around now

Risteard
02/03/2005, 12:12 AM
Dowtcha Davey Barry boy!!

Risteard
02/03/2005, 12:18 AM
Other possibilities

Johnnny C i thought would be a big one. Doing well at Avondale.
Davey Hill??

Besides Barry, i wouldn't mind Stephen kenny but i'd say that would be unlikely.

I reckon the two excited tonight would be Rico and Johnny C.

adamd164
02/03/2005, 6:33 AM
Is John Gill still hanging around...?
Please god no :eek:

Peadar
02/03/2005, 7:07 AM
maybe Ashton is in with a shout.

I was thinking the same thing myself.
Does anyone know of a good reason why he couldn't do the job?
It would be just reward for his hard work.

I really hope this doesn't drag on too long.

Ringo
02/03/2005, 7:11 AM
Please god no :eek:

Gills a very good manager. No bull****, not interested in getting his mug on tv/in newspapers., Just into the football. What about Roddy Collins :eek: he's due a move ;)

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 7:55 AM
at this stage of the season we're not going to get anyone who's contracted.

narrows it down to people in the club (gunther, ashton), people out of job (rico), or johnny c.

People i'd rule out:
Dave Barry
Noel O'Connor
Alan Reynolds ;)

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 7:55 AM
Gills a very good manager. No bull****, not interested in getting his mug on tv/in newspapers., Just into the football. What about Roddy Collins :eek: he's due a move ;)

i agree, but to wander off topic, that jersey is manky even in your avatar.

razor
02/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Rico seems to be the main name about the place.
Maybe with Ashton as his No2.
Rico was a great manager for City, if we didn't have Plonk as chairman then we could have cleaned up.
Claudio Ranieri and Ronald Koeman are also out of work at the moment.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 8:26 AM
Rico seems to be the main name about the place.

the same rico that lennox wouldnt give the job to 2 years ago becasue he wouldnt apply for it/

so now lennox is a crawler as well

Dricky
02/03/2005, 8:37 AM
Are we sure it's not going to be advertised?

sullanefc
02/03/2005, 8:39 AM
Lennox is the man to make the tough decisions. He brought Dolan to the club at a time when it seemed that himself and St Pats were joined at the hip. Great poaching on his part. Dolan was obviously going to get the job over Rico as he was more successful. But Pat Dolan didn't work out so he got rid of him. Going for Rico now is not going to be like a stepbackwards as he is the best available at the moment. Unless there is someone we haven't thought of. And if there is someone else out there, I have every faith in Lennox to pick the right man.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 8:41 AM
Going for Rico now is not going to be like a stepbackwards as he is the best available at the moment.
and shows what a crawler lennox is :mad:

kevincronin2000
02/03/2005, 8:44 AM
If we originally were able to get pat dolan whos to say lennox wont make a bid for the other Pat managing in the league

thecorner
02/03/2005, 8:46 AM
If we originally were able to get pat dolan whos to say lennox wont make a bid for the other Pat managing in the league

coz the other managers now know lennox really has no money and ambiton and cant lie about it anymore

hoofball
02/03/2005, 9:22 AM
coz the other managers now know lennox really has no mnoey and ambiton and cant lie about it anymore

Do you have any proof or basis for your comments or are ya just stirring it ? So Lennox has only been putting monopoly money into the club has he ? Some people seem to have very short term memories......

Ruairi
02/03/2005, 9:24 AM
would love to see Stuart Ashton get the job. Proven manager at u-21/u-20.... like kerr.
agreed 100%

he had the 21s playing some superb football last year and they all wanted to do their absolute best for him.

pete
02/03/2005, 9:25 AM
Given the nature of Dolans "departure" I think we need a more high profile manager than Ashton.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:28 AM
Do you have any proof or basis for your comments or are ya just stirring it ?
havent we been going over the fact that there is no money there the last couple of days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

padjoe
02/03/2005, 9:46 AM
i reckon dave hill wouldn't be a bad choice. he was excellent at ramblers who were very sub standard when he first arrived looked as if they would be dropped from the eircom league but he turned things around and was unlucky not to get promoted against struggling bohemians. he's an excellent motivator and a determined bloke to succeed with whatever he has to work with.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:48 AM
i reckon dave hill wouldn't be a bad choice. he was excellent at ramblers .

and bring with him a massive disciplinary record

fock that

re-instate dolan

Peadar
02/03/2005, 9:48 AM
unlucky not to get promoted against struggling bohemians.

Dave Hill wasn't the manager when Ramblers played Bohs in the play-off.
Where do you come out with this stuff from!?

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:49 AM
was unlucky not to get promoted against struggling bohemians.

yeah very unlucky

bohs only got 7 lucky breaks :rolleyes:

padjoe
02/03/2005, 9:51 AM
Dave Hill wasn't the manager when Ramblers played Bohs in the play-off.
Where do you come out with this stuff from!?

whoops my mistake could have sworn he was, the old hamster is going ninety in the head at the moment. Who was the manager then

liamon
02/03/2005, 10:05 AM
..re-instate dolan
:rolleyes:
Are you living in a dream world or something?
Dolan's position was not viable after his recent history.
And cutout the Lennox slating. He's worked damn hard for CCFC and has always acted in the best interests of the club.

Rico would be the obvious choice, as he's the best available.
But then again, who would have thought that Dolan was available 2 years ago?

hoofball
havent we been going over the fact that there is no money there the last couple of days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lennox may not have more money to put into the club but does that mean he does not have any ambition for the club ? Is he not always trying to get new investors into City ? My point is that not having the money to put into the club does not translate into someone being a liar or having a lack of ambition.....

Peadar
Who was the manager then

I presume you're talking about 1999 when Bohs beat Cobh Ramblers 5-0 and 2-0 respectively?
From memory, it was John O'Rourke.
Open to correction, of course.
Don't follow the queens boys. ;)

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:06 AM
Lennox may not have more money to put into the club but does that mean he does not have any ambition for the club ?

he has fock all ambition.
hes happy for the club just to exist

this was supposed to be our year and lennox has cheated us

padjoe
02/03/2005, 10:09 AM
I presume you're talking about 1999 when Bohs beat Cobh Ramblers 5-0 and 2-0 respectively?
From memory, it was John O'Rourke.
Open to correction, of course.
Don't follow the queens boys. ;)
ya thats the one. i could have sworn that was during hill's reign ah well i know nothing. even though you have destroyed my reasoning i still think he'd be good choice for city.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:13 AM
ya thats the one. i could have sworn that was during hill's reign.

Hill was playing for Cork City at that time and moved to Bohs for a spell before returning to Cork where he took the Cobh job.
You're on the silage too long I'd say. ;)

James
02/03/2005, 10:14 AM
i could have sworn that was during hill's reign ah well i know nothing.

i still think he'd be good choice for city.

lets hope its not down to you then to pick the manager based on your above statement :)

Éanna
02/03/2005, 10:14 AM

you really don't know what you're talking about

wws
02/03/2005, 10:16 AM
Lennox is the man to make the tough decisions. He brought Dolan to the club at a time when it seemed that himself and St Pats were joined at the hip. Great poaching on his part. Dolan was obviously going to get the job over Rico as he was more successful. But Pat Dolan didn't work out so he got rid of him. Going for Rico now is not going to be like a stepbackwards as he is the best available at the moment. Unless there is someone we haven't thought of. And if there is someone else out there, I have every faith in Lennox to pick the right man.

:rolleyes: I'm sorry to inform you that Dolan was pushed,he didnt jump at pats. Due to the niceties of employment law he was effectively stripped of team duties end of season than the board shadow boxed him in the off season until finally he got the message he wasnt required and no one had to pay him off - win win - remind you of anything in the last few days?????

Risteard
02/03/2005, 10:20 AM
thecorner, we're all entitled to our opinions.
I just don't think anyone agrees with you though.
Thankfully, it seems Lennox has most of the people here behind him.
I just hope the squad are. They're probably eating some humble pie now. Seems to me that they were more or less told off last night.
Being Narrowly (opposite of widely) reported that Rico is lined up with Gunther as assistant. ie 96fm and rte and utv websites.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:25 AM
you really don't know what you're talking about

and u do i suppose

lets all bow to eanna and lennox :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hoofball
02/03/2005, 10:26 AM

Oh yes...now I see your side of the debate.... :rolleyes:

Lennox is probably the most ambitious chairman we've had in a long long time....and how exactly has he cheated us ? I won't pretend to know the whole story of what went on in the last few weeks, but Lennox is still with City and so gets my support....

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:34 AM
lets all bow to eanna and lennox :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've a bad back, can I just wave? ;)

Corner, you've made points based on your feelings and none based on fact.
It's hard for others to take your posts on board because you don't give us any reason to believe that you have an informed opinion.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:35 AM
I've a bad back, can I just wave? ;)

Corner, you've made points based on your feelings and none based on fact.
It's hard for others to take your posts on board because you don't give us any reason to believe that you have an informed opinion.

none of us have informed opinion

just giving my own opinion

sacking probably the best manager in the league with 2 weeks cannot be a good decision
a man that was striving to win the title for city

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:40 AM

Or striving to win the title for himself, perhaps.
If the club was his priority, his behaviour doesn't reflect that.

What we need to do now is look forward.
We still have a club to support.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:42 AM
Or striving to win the title for himself, perhaps.

so that doesnt mean a title for city at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:46 AM
so that doesnt mean a title for city at all

Wanting something for yourself but mistreating the people who can get it for you is hardly the right way to go about it.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:48 AM
Wanting something for yourself but mistreating the people who can get it for you is hardly the right way to go about it.

completely irrelevant, who was dolan mistreating?

wws
02/03/2005, 10:49 AM
none of us have informed opinion

just giving my own opinion

sacking probably the best manager in the league with 2 weeks cannot be a good decision

the best manager in the league is Pat Fenlon. FACT. Not opinion. In two seasons with Cork City Pat Dolan did nothing to to suggest he could change this FACT.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:51 AM
completely irrelevant, who was dolan mistreating?

Trying to hold the chairman to ransom and using the players as his pawns in the media.
Don't pretend Dolan is blameless in all of this.

There are too many Dolan threads and I can't keep up with all of them.

It's been a long two years. ;)

Onwards and upwards!
I've nothing more to say on this subject.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:51 AM
the best manager in the league is Pat Fenlon. FACT. Not opinion. In two seasons with Cork City Pat Dolan did nothing to to suggest he could change this FACT.

fenlon has the resources available to him to sign any player he wants, and he did, signing anyone he could claim as a major coup.

exactly teh qualities you disbarage in dolan.