PDA

View Full Version : Dolan Gone

Slash/ED
01/03/2005, 10:07 PM
I know there's already a thread in the Cork forum but I think this is something that everyone will be interested in so I hope you don't mind me opening another one?

Anyway, everyones linking Rico with the job. Would he really be a popular choice with Cork? He's well respected and you'll undoubtabley play great football on him but is he the man to turn Cork from also rans into title winners? If not him, who else is there?

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 10:45 PM
I know there's already a thread in the Cork forum but I think this is something that everyone will be interested in so I hope you don't mind me opening another one?

Anyway, everyones linking Rico with the job. Would he really be a popular choice with Cork? He's well respected and you'll undoubtabley play great football on him but is he the man to turn Cork from also rans into title winners? If not him, who else is there?

its the cork forum for a reason like

Clones Road Cas
02/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Well respected and Rico in the same sentence. Fnny I always thought he was a gimp :D

dubman
02/03/2005, 9:52 AM
any chance we can have him back, now that your finished with him. Only as a mascot that is. Pats kind of fell apart after he went, I can see a load of players heading off to the big smoke.

Cosmo
02/03/2005, 11:04 AM
Dont rate dolan as a manager - never have. I reckon Cork are better off without him to be honest.

Always worrying when a manager starts making excuses publicly before the season even starts :confused: .

Looks like Rico is hot favourite

harry crumb
02/03/2005, 11:08 AM
In the two years he was at Cork he brought European soccer and at St. Pats he delivered League titles.

How can you argue with that?

wws
02/03/2005, 11:11 AM
ONE LEAGUE TITLE with pats and quick check of the record books shows cork city actually have played in europe before .....

MariborKev
02/03/2005, 11:17 AM
ONE LEAGUE TITLE with pats and quick check of the record books shows cork city actually have played in europe before .....

WWS,

How many times have you been warned about signing off a different hymn sheet :D

lefty
02/03/2005, 4:28 PM
Shut up Dolan is one of the best managers in the country, i might have to alter my predictions for Cork this year now. I had them tipped for 2nd place and Uefa Cup 1st Round, but new managers can feck things up for certain players. Pat got a great young side together down there and god knows why they sacked him. Rico is a muppet how can u listen to the guy and take him seriously he talks such rubbish. Cork will sadly miss Dolan

fitzknows
02/03/2005, 5:47 PM
Agree with Lefty. Cork will regret this one. Dolans Cork beat the Swedish champions along with Dutch opposition in Europe and ran Shelbourne all the way to the line in the league while all the crap was going on in the background. It's ironic that Cork fans of all people seem to think that good quality training facilities arent important in preparing a football team for competition. It's a disgrace that Lennox treated Pat Dolan like this. He has done alot for this league and for Cork City as well.

Rochey
02/03/2005, 5:58 PM
Lennox has distanced himself from a lot of cork city fans at the moment who think that the reason dolan is gone is political etc etc. I agree that he is a good manager but he does have a habit of sucking resources from clubs. Yes he did have success at pats but he left them in serious bankruptcy trouble and losing all their best players while he left smelling of roses. This has been bubbeling at cork for months i'm suprised at the timing but was expecting this before the season ended.

Maynard
02/03/2005, 6:01 PM
Think Cark will regret this myself. Although the permambulations of the current situations may be lesser exadurations in the long-term duration...if you were to understand the predicamentations at hand that is. :)

Just so you know the type of inane waffle you're in for!

LFC in Exile
02/03/2005, 6:17 PM
Think Cark will regret this myself. Although the permambulations of the current situations may be lesser exadurations in the long-term duration...if you were to understand the predicamentations at hand that is. :)

Just so you know the type of inane waffle you're in for!

All Cork fans will be travelling to the Cross with two dictionaries this season. One to translate Rico's programme notes into English and one to translate them into sense. :)

harpskid
02/03/2005, 6:25 PM
All Cork fans will be travelling to the Cross with two dictionaries this season. One to translate Rico's programme notes into English and one to translate them into sense. :)

:D :D

It'll be some dictionary if it manages to turn Rico's opinions into sense :)

Slash/ED
02/03/2005, 6:40 PM

A third one will be needed to translate sense into the local launguage :)

jimhacker
03/03/2005, 9:11 AM
any chance we can have him back, now that your finished with him. Only as a mascot that is. Pats kind of fell apart after he went, I can see a load of players heading off to the big smoke.

Yeah-they'll be heading for the big smoke with their contracts in their back pockets!

Cosmo
03/03/2005, 9:53 AM
Cork came second last season in a very poor standard EL premier. They were right to get rid of him.

Lennox has done well and turned the club around.

Btw dont rate Rico either - it would be a bad move by cork imo

drinkfeckarse
03/03/2005, 10:25 AM
Cork came second last season in a very poor standard EL premier.

Wait for the fireworks....

Cosmo
03/03/2005, 11:19 AM
wait for what? Cant see many argue with that.

I saw about 80 odd matches last season and imo the quality of teams/ squads was very poor. Looking forward to this season though, alot of teams have strengthened alot and its going to be alot tougher (though im sure dolan and his supporters will say 'look we came worse than when we had dolan' when in fact if they do it'll be cos the league has got alot tougher).

Dolan = bluffer (jaysus starting to sound like wws now :eek: )

GavinZac
03/03/2005, 11:23 AM

I saw about 80 odd matches last season and imo the quality of teams/ squads was very poor. Looking forward to this season though, alot of teams have strengthened alot and its going to be alot tougher (though im sure dolan and his supporters will say 'look we came worse than when we had dolan' when in fact if they do it'll be cos the league has got alot tougher).

Dolan = bluffer (jaysus starting to sound like wws now :eek: )

http://www.shedend.com/wtfbunny.jpg

drinkfeckarse
03/03/2005, 12:05 PM

Ah but they will, you tell them the league is poor and you'll normally be hit with the arguments about Champs League form, Intertoto Cup etc.....

Wiseguy
03/03/2005, 1:42 PM
The standard of the League is poor ! I certainly don't think so and you only have to look at European results to see that.I think it is improving season after season with some clubs improving more that others.Teams are much fitter now and clubs are taking a much more professional approach to the whole lot and it is beginning to show on the pitch.It's a slow process but it is happening.

drinkfeckarse
03/03/2005, 2:03 PM
The standard of the League is poor ! I certainly don't think so and you only have to look at European results to see that.I think it is improving season after season with some clubs improving more that others.Teams are much fitter now and clubs are taking a much more professional approach to the whole lot and it is beginning to show on the pitch.It's a slow process but it is happening.

Very true, improving slowly but surely IMO.

Macy
03/03/2005, 2:15 PM
Very true, improving slowly but surely IMO.
Definitely improving. If you take Town, each year our squad is getting nominally stronger and stronger. In real terms we're not moving forwards compared to the rest of the division, at best we're holding our own, imo.

Not to say that Cork didn't underachieved last season - if you think of that poor spell after Europe especially.

pete
03/03/2005, 2:18 PM
I think the goal should be to have more consistency from year to year. Need all clubs participating in Europe to perform as expected.

Last season Shel$ surpassed expectation, Cork City did too a little (no ranking points for Inter Toto) but Bohs & Longford disappointed.

green army
04/03/2005, 7:41 AM
Lads, do yis think dolan would do a good job in the FAI.

pete
04/03/2005, 1:56 PM
Lads, do yis think dolan would do a good job in the FAI.

Appoint him eL Commissioner & see the sparks fly.

Couldn't see Dolan surviving in the FAI, he'd be too confrontational.