PDA

View Full Version : Cobh -v- Shelbourne

Mark Breen
01/03/2005, 5:09 PM
NEED HELP

I'm driving from Dublin to Cobh on saturday for the match and was wondering approx how long it takes and does anyone have good directions. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers for any help ;)

A face
01/03/2005, 5:28 PM
Mark, if you are driving from Dublin to Cork via Fermoy (30 mins from Cork) then keep heading for Cork (using the Watergrasshill Bypass) and right up until the Dunkettle round-about where you will be turning left and heading towards Waterford/Midelton/Cobh ...... (it will be roughly 5-7 miles out that road) it is then thrid exit to Cobh (stabbing a guess here,look for signs) so you then take the exit to the left and use the bridge to cross over the road you were on and then turn left.

Carry on out that road for around 3 miles (passing fota wildlife park on the way, winding road and sharp corners) and follow the road until you cross over a bridge and turn left (if it is day time you'll see a martello tower and a castle keep/tower) and follow that road keeping straight (gonig through a cross roads) ... you'll pass a garage on your left and up to the top of the hill.

You are in Cobh and a hald mile from St. Colmans at this stage ... i know the way when i am down there but cant remember how to describe it, so someone else can take over from here.

Hope that helps !!

Mark Breen
01/03/2005, 5:58 PM
Thats great A FACE

Thanks for your help

Comic Book Guy
01/03/2005, 7:31 PM
As you pass the ESSo garage on your left, continue up the hill, as you come into Cobh town you will see the spire of St.Colman's Cathedral, you are now in an area of Cobh known as 'top of the hill', turn right at O'Donovan's off-license and right again, turn left and continue straight up the hill, as you reach level ground you will see the floodlight masts above the houses.

alternatively;
as you pass Fota gates and go over the bridge, TURN RIGHT at the Martello tower and take this road for about 5 or 6 miles passing both the IFI and Cork Dockyard plants on your right, as you arrive in the town of Cobh turn left at Cobh museum (a former church) and proceed up the steep hill, folow this road to the end and then turn left up another hill, on reaching level ground you will again see the floodlightmasts of the ground.

P.S The game was announced on radio today as being on at 5pm, I saw it on a poster in the town as wel.