PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures 15/16 Sept.

ToberonaTornado
14/09/2017, 7:59 PM
Premier Division:

Friday-

Bray Wanderers v Limerick FC
Drogheda United v Bohemian FC
Galway United v Derry City

Saturday-

Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers 8pm

First Division:

Friday-

Shelbourne FC v Athlone Town
Wexford FC v Waterford FC 8pm

Saturday-

Cobh Ramblers v Cabinteeley FC 7:15pm
Longford Town v UCDAFC 7:30pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFS: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19749/match-officials-appointed---sse-airtricity-league-and-ea-sports-cup-final/
SUSPENSIONS: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19748/ollie-horgan-and-ian-birmingham-amongst-names-on-latest-suspension-list/
COUPON: http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

AlanOB
14/09/2017, 8:21 PM
Noel O'Connor and I will be providing full live audio analysis of the Bray/Limerick clash at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

thebronze14
14/09/2017, 10:57 PM
The only times I want Derry to win they bottle it and you wouldn't trust Bray at the moment! Ah well, beat Sligo and I won't be doing too much complaining!

ger121
14/09/2017, 11:07 PM
Hopeful we can get the three points which should see us safe.

brendy_éire
15/09/2017, 9:54 AM
The only times I want Derry to win they bottle it and you wouldn't trust Bray at the moment!

Wouldn't be betting on ourselves tonight anyway. I know Galway are struggling, but we've four players out and haven't had a competitive game in 26 days.
I'll take a draw myself.

Partizan
15/09/2017, 12:16 PM
Noel O'Connor and I will be providing full live audio analysis of the Bray/Limerick clash at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

Any sign of the infamous LIMS FAN?

nigel-harps1954
15/09/2017, 7:08 PM
FFS Derry....

joey B
15/09/2017, 7:38 PM
Bray 1 up at HT,
Galway and Derry level,
Bohs 2 up in Drogheda.

bluewhitearmy
15/09/2017, 7:41 PM
Any sign of the infamous LIMS FAN?

I am very curious what this is about.

nigel-harps1954
15/09/2017, 8:29 PM
FFS Derry...

White Horse
15/09/2017, 8:48 PM
Big big three points for Galway. Impossible to call two of the teams to go down.

ToberonaTornado
15/09/2017, 9:40 PM
Tight as a nuns,,,,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJyufi9WAAI-X3G.jpg

wonder88
15/09/2017, 10:18 PM
Real determination shown by Galway tonight, Murray, Folan and Hale outstanding. I think 35 pts, with the decent goal difference will keep us up? Still a lot to do, and the game tomorrow in Donegal will have a big bearing on things, but still hopeful.

Centenary
15/09/2017, 11:45 PM
Problem for you is that Sligo, HArps and Limerick still have Drogheda to play which is pretty much a guaranteed 3 points. Don't think 35 points will be enough, 37 would be my guess.

gael353
16/09/2017, 12:14 AM
Shaky point in bray tonight not helped by garda paul McLaughlin who I havent seen a more bias performance since his garda training days with garda paul oliphant in gortakeegan. Disgraceful pen award late in second half to bray which Clarke easily saved. Five points to possible safety

Olander
16/09/2017, 12:25 AM
Problem for you is that Sligo, HArps and Limerick still have Drogheda to play which is pretty much a guaranteed 3 points. Don't think 35 points will be enough, 37 would be my guess.
It doesn't really matter if they play them, we have to play Sligo, Pats (and Dundalk) at home and then Limerick and Bray away. We need to build on the Derry game and win three of those five remaining games and maybe scrape a draw also on top of that. If we don't, we're going down eitherway.

Ezeikial
16/09/2017, 7:34 AM
It doesn't really matter if they play them, we have to play Sligo, Pats (and Dundalk) at home and then Limerick and Bray away. We need to build on the Derry game and win three of those five remaining games and maybe scrape a draw also on top of that. If we don't, we're going down eitherway.

So you think 38 or 39 points will be required?

Olander
16/09/2017, 8:04 AM
So you think 38 or 39 points will be required?Yep.

I think it's going to go right down to the wire. A draw in the Finn Harps - Sligo Rovers game later would make it a good weekends work for ourselves.

Then there's a massive game at Terryland next week against Sligo. Another must win game.

Sam_Heggy
16/09/2017, 9:10 AM
Harps - Sligo game tonight is huge. Should be a big crowd for it and it's easily the biggest game of the season for both sides so far.

Galways win last night was far from ideal. If Derry had of won that they'd still be 4 points back with just 5 games left and you'd almost say they were down.

I still think 36 points is the target.

brendy_éire
16/09/2017, 9:12 AM
Real determination shown by Galway tonight....

I think that was the difference. You could see that Galway, players and supporters, just wanted it more.
Game started with a real tempo, and we couldn't really match it. I don't think those four week off helped us at all, we looked quite misshapen, even taking account of having several players out.
I would question why we had McDermott at left back instead of right. Monaghan isn't a right back, he didn't do well.
In saying all that, I think a draw may have been a fairer result, but can't take anything away from Galway. I find it hard to understand why they are were there are in the league table. They've been decent enough against is this season.

Had a wee look around the two shops and the bar last night too. Great setup. Do the club run the shop upstairs too?
The bar is brilliant, I'd add. Built into the old changing rooms, which haven't really been renovated, very cool.
Also, surprised with how many tourists were at the game. Do Galway actively target them? There were 18 Germans in front of us alone, nice wee earner.

AlanOB
16/09/2017, 11:14 AM
Analysis: McDonald and Kenny forfeit momentum in turn http://bit.ly/2vZZl6J (https://t.co/NfZyy4jxkQ)

Paddyfield
16/09/2017, 11:44 AM
I
Had a wee look around the two shops and the bar last night too. Great setup. Do the club run the shop upstairs too?
The bar is brilliant, I'd add. Built into the old changing rooms, which haven't really been renovated, very cool.
Also, surprised with how many tourists were at the game. Do Galway actively target them? There were 18 Germans in front of us alone, nice wee earner.

The club shop is run by the supporters trust. The shop above the bar is a separate business which is rub by an ex player (Peter Carpenter). He rents the space and it is a showroom that is open during the week.

The bar is run by the club in conjunction with the Roisin Dubh bar in the city.

Tourists are targeted in conjunction with the main tourist information office. There is also a newsagent on the main shopping street selling match tickets. There is always a large sign outside the shop promoting games. Check out the pictures on Twitter @gsco_op
There's always Americans, Brits and Germans at games.

nigel-harps1954
16/09/2017, 1:10 PM
The club shop is run by the supporters trust. The shop above the bar is a separate business which is rub by an ex player (Peter Carpenter). He rents the space and it is a showroom that is open during the week.

The bar is run by the club in conjunction with the Roisin Dubh bar in the city.

Tourists are targeted in conjunction with the main tourist information office. There is also a newsagent on the main shopping street selling match tickets. There is always a large sign outside the shop promoting games. Check out the pictures on Twitter @gsco_op
There's always Americans, Brits and Germans at games.

Does Roisin Dubh hold the licence for the bar then?

RathfarnhamHoop
16/09/2017, 3:25 PM
Absolute joke of a sending off. Couldn't have got more of the ball

pineapple stu
16/09/2017, 8:22 PM
Cobh's surprise 3-0 defeat at home against Cabo means Waterford are promoted as champions. Well done to them; best and most consistent team in the division by a distance, though I think the squad they have at present will struggle next season.

UCD and Cobh would be in the play-offs if Fran Gavin wasn't a colossal idiot.

NeverFeltBetter
16/09/2017, 9:02 PM
Ugh, Sligo keep pulling out big results.

Comic Book Guy
16/09/2017, 9:15 PM
Congratulations to Waterford, well deserved, have to say that the crowd tonight in Cobh was abysmal. What do they have to do to attract the locals through the turnstiles? It would seem that the town has lost its appetite for league of Ireland football.

Sam_Heggy
16/09/2017, 9:54 PM
Gutted after that. Harps were easily the better side throughout that game and got beat by 2 sucker punches.

Paddy McCourts goal is a serious contender for the goal of the season. It was like watching Paddy at his peak, going by players at ease.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/09/2017, 10:26 PM
Great win considering we were missing 6 players. Quality goal by McCourt alright. Great finish by McCabe as well. We'll probably lose in Galway on Friday and be back in the relegation zone again.

CorribsideSteve
17/09/2017, 12:52 PM
That's Galway pretty much hanging on by a thread now, despite the good result against Derry. We will be relegated if we don't get 3 points from the Sligo game coming up, and they seem to be on a roll.

brendy_éire
18/09/2017, 2:35 PM
A must not lose game tonight in Richmond tonight, we have two big games this week and need four points but at bare minimum two points.

What match tonight?

D24Saint
18/09/2017, 3:00 PM
Mixed up my dates thought Rovers was tonight my bad.

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2017, 12:13 AM
What score was it?

osarusan
19/09/2017, 8:51 AM
Hasn't been posted yet I think. Paddy McCourt's goal was indeed something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgG3Hz1m-0&index=1&list=PLUSYExIphebYyikzoOqwqG9oAIN8ILp72

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/09/2017, 12:04 PM
What score was it?

Ye battered them

Sam_Heggy
19/09/2017, 5:46 PM
Hasn't been posted yet I think. Paddy McCourt's goal was indeed something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgG3Hz1m-0&index=1&list=PLUSYExIphebYyikzoOqwqG9oAIN8ILp72

He had a carbon copy run a few minutes earlier too, just couldn't get the shot away. Man's unbelievable in that form.

sbgawa
19/09/2017, 7:40 PM
I'm a huge fan he was the best player on the park against us in tallaght.