PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Manager of the Season?

anto1208
01/03/2005, 12:59 PM
surley it has to be moyes taking a team that got 38 points and finished 17th into 4th and keeping them there all season after loosing rooney and graveson and spending under 9 mill all season , surely no one comes close

beneathus has done nothing , mourino has turned a team in second into a team in first by spending millions not a great achievement ferguson you are having a laugh , and i wont even mention wenger

drinkfeckarse
01/03/2005, 1:10 PM
There's a strong argument for Moyes but I would think Iain Dowie would be a more worthy contender. What he has done in a year with Palace is remarkable.

ciaran76
01/03/2005, 1:15 PM
I would vote for Moyes but i would rather wait till after Easter before saying he deserves it. Usually Easter makes or breaks the teams and we see alot of teams leaving the relegation zone or other teams move into the Champs. League spots.
Will wait and see ;)

Ciaran

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:18 PM
Dowie should get it IMO. After the way he turned Palace around last season, and what he's done with them this season he deserves it. Moyes has done really well, but Dowie has just been that bit better

Hibs4Ever
01/03/2005, 1:22 PM
If he wins the premiership and champions league, which I think they will, I'll go with Jose Mourinho

aberharp
01/03/2005, 2:19 PM
i think i'd go with david moyes cos they've exceeded everyones expectations

NeilMcD
01/03/2005, 2:23 PM
how can you say who is going to get it in March. What happens if Chelsea dont win the league and Man Utd do. Or what happens if LIverpool over take Everton. What happens if Palace get relegated.

At the moment Dowie, Moyes and Mourinhio are the top 3 but that could all change. Until then its pointless saying who is going to win it.

Aldini98
01/03/2005, 2:29 PM
Benitez should get it, for having to put up with Gerrard every day saying hes leaving. And for having to play the s**theaps that Houiller bought :)

glasgabhainn
01/03/2005, 4:05 PM
Graeme Souness gets my vote. Simply for shafting Bellamy.
Ah yes, Craig Bellamy, kind of guy any father would want to see dating his daughter.

If Souness could only sell Laurent Robert to some poor misfortunate club, I'd nominate our Graeme for the Papacy.

thecorner
01/03/2005, 5:52 PM
arsene wenger said recently that if he got this award(which he wont) he would drive straight down to selhurst park and give it to dowie

hopefully he can keep them up.

turning out to be a great manager but the question i ask is would he have the same results without johnson. be interested to see how they would get on if he was injured but i suppose they can be lucky he has had an injury free season so far(suppose i just cursed it :mad: )

roll on april16th...thecorner in selhurst park shouting on ther mighty eagles against norwich

Gary
01/03/2005, 6:02 PM
^^^

Im in London the following week and Palace are playing Liverpool. Id go, only that its a bloody Grade A game, so i'd have to get a grade B game ticket as well, and considering the stg rate is so bloody awful at the mo, I wont be doing that.

On topic, realistically it'll be Mourinho, but if Dowie keeps Palace up, it should most certainly be him. Honourable mention to Moyes for the outstanding job he is doing also.

Gary
01/03/2005, 6:04 PM
Poll added

Metrostars
01/03/2005, 6:42 PM
But what if things go sour for Palace and they are relegated? Surely, Dowie would not deserve MOTY.

onenilgameover
02/03/2005, 12:56 AM
Moyes then Dowie..With Everton looking like the might struggle at the start of the year and now look odds on to take and deserve the Champions league slot it has to be Moyes...I'd like to see Palace stay up though...see ya later Southampton and take that tall boy Crouch with ye....

M@ttitude
02/03/2005, 1:50 AM
Give Crouch a break or he'll crouch down and hit u a slap! Mourinho is the best by far, Fantastic manager and great entertainer.. Id say Moyes wakes up every day pinching himself.. Its not that Everton are good its just that every other team are crap, still think the pool will catch them..

onenilgameover
02/03/2005, 3:23 AM
There's as much entertainment in Mourinho as there is inside a hoover bag. Granted at the start of the season his arogance was somewhat amusing with the whole 'I'm a special one' thing which brought a bit of fresh air to the league but it seems to be turning stale now. His spat with the media over the last couple of weeks and the gesture to the Liverpool fans and tryin to say it was directed at the press box which was over the other side of the pitch was ridiculous. Sure he's good to have around for the moment but he does not deserve the credit that Moyes or Dowie should get. They worked damn hard to be where they are at this stage and to a large extent Mourinho bought his position. And as for that Crouch fella he's too tall to slap anyone just too tall is Peter Crouch its like havin an extra leg! if Everton get fourth spot its because they've earnt because they've been better...doe'snt matter who's crap.....

thecorner
02/03/2005, 8:34 AM
^^^

Im in London the following week and Palace are playing Liverpool. Id go, only that its a bloody Grade A game, so i'd have to get a grade B game ticket as well, and considering the stg rate is so bloody awful at the mo, I wont be doing that.

On topic, realistically it'll be Mourinho, but if Dowie keeps Palace up, it should most certainly be him. Honourable mention to Moyes for the outstanding job he is doing also.

if we had known we could have sorted something out with my category b ticket

anto1208
02/03/2005, 11:17 AM
the 3 tipped to go down were west brom palace and everton .
so its fair to say they were thought to be around the same standard.

so for moyes to spend 2.4 mill (not including beattie who has done nothing yet )to change the same team into a top 4 side is unreal, and to say its only coz the others are crap is rubbish , everton held utd at old trafford barely lost to chelsea at the bridge and goodison by only one lucky goal easily beat liverpool , they have chalked up 15 wins so far this season , are now 8 points clear of liverpool and 30 clear of the relagation zone and after seeing them against villa are playing there best football now they should easily hold 4th spot .