View Full Version : Three new signings

Patrick Dunne
01/03/2005, 12:37 PM
As per todays Sentinel :

19 year old Bohemians left back Kevin Williamson

24 year old striker Michael Lindsay (6'3"), who has spent a week on
trial with the club. He is moving to Tuam fom Cambridge, where he had been
playing non-league football

18 year old Loughrea native Phillip O'Reilly (6'2"), a striker who has also played at left back. He is currently on the books of League One outfit Stockport County. He joined Manchester City's youth academy three years ago before moving to Stockport last summer.
Has been out of action recentlywith a knee injury.

Neither Lindsay or O'Reilly are expected to start against Finn Harps on Friday night (KO 7.45pm).

Galwayexile
01/03/2005, 12:50 PM
good stuff as we need some decent strikers especially with only moran for us.David o dowd is a grafter but not a goalscorer.Its interesting to note that damien dupay still hasnt made his debut for UCD yet, will he get in their team especially with their strikers they have, robert doyle, adrian murphy etc.

Schumi
01/03/2005, 12:56 PM
Jumping the gun just a little, we've only played one pre-season game and he was injured apparently! Robbie Doyle doesn't play for us any more unfortunately, probably Robbie Marin you're thinking of.

Galwayexile
01/03/2005, 1:05 PM
my apologies, where has he gone now then? Im a bit behind in my LOI knowlege recently.Actually i can see UCD from our canteen at work.

galwaygirl
01/03/2005, 1:20 PM
24 year old striker Michael Lindsay (6'3"), who has spent a week on
trial with the club. He is moving to Tuam fom Cambridge, where he had been
playing non-league football

18 year old Loughrea native Phillip O'Reilly (6'2"), a striker who has also played at left back. He is currently on the books of League One outfit Stockport County. He joined Manchester City's youth academy three years ago before moving to Stockport last summer.
Has been out of action recentlywith a knee injury.

I'm just after reading it there in The Sentinel, sounds good alrite.
Great to see a bit of height coming to the team as well :D

Schumi
01/03/2005, 1:32 PM
my apologies, where has he gone now then? Im a bit behind in my LOI knowlege recently.Actually i can see UCD from our canteen at work.
He's at Pats now, left us for Bohs after the 02/03 season and went to Pats last season after a row with Stephen Kenny.

gufct
01/03/2005, 3:25 PM
Philip O'Reilly is the son of Gerry O'Reilly former United Fitness Coach Under Tony and Denis Clarke and also an old School Frend of mine whom I actually met today and he didnt tell me a word about this!!!!!!!

Galwayexile
01/03/2005, 4:45 PM
is he any good then philip as a striker since you should know knowing him and all

Ranger
02/03/2005, 8:39 AM
;) ;)

Schumi
02/03/2005, 5:05 PM
willie doyle doesnt play for saint pats, he plays four waterford Indeed he does, however Robbie Doyle (who was being asked about) plays for Pats. :p

gufct
02/03/2005, 7:52 PM
I went to school with wouldnt i love to be 18 again.Very good reports about him from anyone i have spoken to and also good reports back about the weekend training camp in Drom.