PDA

View Full Version : Murphy

Neil
05/02/2002, 8:22 AM
He wants patience.

We want full-time professional players and an attack minded team that play good football.

Should Liam be given time to master his long-ball game with Cork City FC?

patsh
05/02/2002, 10:00 AM
Maybe the question should be "Should the board stay?"
If the board's alternative to LM is Patsy or Daly, would things be any better? Probably not, so it's time for the directors to do the decent thing.
How about a campaign to get one of the "Merchant Princes " to take over?........ :p

Schumi
05/02/2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Neil
He wants patience.

We want full-time professional players and an attack minded team that play good football.

Should Liam be given time to master his long-ball game with Cork City FC?

Good to see an impartially worded poll. :)

James
05/02/2002, 1:15 PM
what about the obvious optiond d
a fresh start and clear out both gunther and the board while your at it..oh and re-structure rte and eircom as well sure

facts are gunther no matter how bad has a 2 year contract
and the board aint going anywhere, they have a nice minimal effort cushy number, with an annual euro junket..

SÓC
05/02/2002, 2:50 PM
Looks like we'll miss out on that unless Rover manage to win the Cup.

We'd be relying on them, oh the horror

niamh
05/02/2002, 3:32 PM
While I think that Murphy should never have got the job on a permanent basis in the first place we have to be realistic and ask who else is there? and what manager with any sort of talent would want to come to a club like City after what happened to Mountfield. It's going to stick to the club for some time to come...

Gary
05/02/2002, 6:43 PM
Board to realise what they are/are not doing. They will then realise that the current boss just aint up to it. As far as I can see, the guy the is trying to 'pass the buck' by saying that the fans booing will do the team no good. Fair enough, but if he was a spectator last sunday, he'd have booed as well, and as a paying supporter, everyone had every right to boo. The display was just rubbish.

But i spose the changes will be rung again on Sunday for the mighty Limerick. Wonder what he'll say after that match???

Neil
05/02/2002, 6:50 PM
Originally posted by GWA
But i spose the changes will be rung again on Sunday for the mighty Limerick. Wonder what he'll say after that match???
Anything but a win and he'll have no choice but to say "I resign".

Pablo
06/02/2002, 3:54 PM
what'll they do only give it to Deccie or JC......inwardly thinking again......

Don O'Rioardan is always mentioned and i think he would be a fine manager......at what cost though?

Gary
08/02/2002, 3:42 PM
Well we could bring in The Don, but the same ol thing would happen again. He would be too professional for some of our muppet players, they would turn on him and not play to their potential causing a rift in the dressing rom. The board would have a half time meeting, during a game in which we are badly losing, and fire him, thereby ruining any chances we have of gaining any bit of respectability from any other person in the country.

Or has that happened before?????????