PDA

View Full Version : What Cork City FC Needs.

Peadar
01/03/2005, 10:05 AM
Havnig heard the rousing call to the supporters of Norwich from Delia Smith at half timelast night, I think it's time we got Darina Allen on board.

Darina could rally the troops with her own rendition of the outburst from Smith.

"To possibly the best fans in the world, we need you to be the 12th man.
Where are you? Where are you? Let's have you. Come on."

If we got her into the dressing room she might sort out a few of the moaners.

razor
01/03/2005, 12:27 PM
Havnig heard the rousing call to the supporters of Norwich from Delia Smith at half timelast night
How embarrasing was that, she was so high pitched she must have deafened half of them, and they ended up losing 2-3.
Give me Hit The Bar anytime.

Éanna
01/03/2005, 12:37 PM
I think its established that rousing battle cries don't have much effect at the cross- any time oisin tried it he was ignored or abused.

razor
01/03/2005, 12:42 PM
I think its established that rousing battle cries don't have much effect at the cross- any time oisin tried it he was ignored or abused.Think that was more to do with Oisin than the battle cry itself though.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 12:43 PM
Think that was more to do with Oisin than the battle cry itself though.

true :D

crc
01/03/2005, 1:05 PM
Deliah must be feeling very embarrassed this morning.
The best half-time rouser would appear to have been playing the L@nger song over the PA.

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:11 PM
it struck the fear of God into the scum!
good and all as it was, I think thats a bit of an exaggeration.

Partizan
01/03/2005, 1:34 PM
Lads,

what ye need is a decent manager and coach who knows how to run a football club and knows the basics of the game.

Dolan is neither.

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:37 PM
Lads,

what ye need is a decent manager and coach who knows how to run a football club and knows the basics of the game.

Dolan is neither.
:rolleyes: I thought even you would have the sense to realise that Dolan has proved himself to be a very talented manager over the last 2 years- our european results prove that. Credit where its due.

Partizan
01/03/2005, 1:46 PM
Eanna, take the goggles off will ye.

The man is slowly but surely bankrupting the Club with his wild spending, some of his tactics and signings have been rather strange and as for coaching set up for the new season........what set up?

Look, you had a good run in a next to nothing European club competition but the real nuts and bolts is in the UEFA, thats where it is at for you lot and I hope City do really well. Dolan's man management cost Cork the title last season.

His whinging to the media at times is laughable. Why does he always blames someone else for his mistakes, everyone is out to get us and all that nonsense.

For all the support, money and prestige City have, its about time you started showing something for it and the opinion down here in Waterford is that Dolan is simply not up to it. Personally speaking, I wouldnt let him or Wallace near Waterford.

I have spoken my mind.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 1:52 PM

The man is slowly but surely bankrupting the Club with his wild spending, some of his tactics and signings have been rather strange and as for coaching set up for the new season........what set up?

go argue in the dolan thread.

i think Rob "Supersonic"'s band should play at half time some time. a live band, in city jerseys, playing a few songs would be a lot better than listening to 'Toxic' on repeat.

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:53 PM
No goggles here Partizan.

He isn't. The club is not spending money it doesn't have. Thats probably why he and lennox have fallen out so badly. Dolan does not control the money, Lennox does. Dolan would sepnd more given the chance, but its a chance he doesn't have. I agree that some signings and tactics have been strange but on the whole the good far outweighs the bad- we're all allowed make mistakes. I'm reserving judgement on the coahcing set-up until things become clearer, but i am concerned about it.

Look, you had a good run in a next to nothing European club competition but the real nuts and bolts is in the UEFA, thats where it is at for you lot and I hope City do really well. Dolan's man management cost Cork the title last season.
We did well in Europe thanks to Dolan, and will do again in the UEFA cup IMO. He didn't cost us the league- thats just ridiculous. If anything he was responsible for us coming so close.

His whinging to the media at times is laughable. Why does he always blames someone else for his mistakes, everyone is out to get us and all that nonsense.
Agree totally. As I have said on this and other forums, I ignore most of what he says at this stage- soundbites don't interest me. He does his job well, and thats what really matters.

For all the support, money and prestige City have, its about time you started showing something for it and the opinion down here in Waterford is that Dolan is simply not up to it.
Support- yes. Money- no. Prestige- yes. Why do you keep going on about money, when it has been repeatedly stated that we are not a rich club. It is time we had something to show for it, and this is the season to do that. the opinion in Waterford is of no interest to me to be quite honest.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 1:57 PM
Éanna i thought you knew better.

Patrizan is trying to get a rise out of you and will do so in every thread he possibly can until the forum is bogged down with his crap.

patsh
01/03/2005, 2:02 PM
Why do you keep going on about money, when it has been repeatedly stated that we are not a rich club.
The Waterford "fan" keeps going on about money, because it suits him to delude himself into thinking that it's the reason WUFC cannot compete with Cork City.

It's a lot better than facing up to the truth, that they have

a low-life gurrier for a manager
sh*te support
sh*te ground
sh*te team and
play absolute sh*te "football"
If that was the reality facing you about your "club", a little fantasy about some other club is the only way to get through the season!....:D

Partizan
01/03/2005, 2:20 PM
Fantasy,

Patsh, what are you talking about boy? I dont need myself indulge in any fantasy.

We are celebrating our 75th year in the League football this season and look forward to a new season with an increased measure of hope and confidence that we can go one better than the last and beat the **** in the X.

Pablo
01/03/2005, 2:23 PM
Fantasy,

Patsh, what are you talking about boy? I dont need myself indulge in any fantasy.

We are celebrating our 75th year in the League football this season and look forward to a new season with an increased measure of hope and confidence that we can go one better than the last and beat the **** in the X.

isn't Waterford "United" only a reletively new club? seeing as your going down that road?

Colm
01/03/2005, 3:21 PM
Dolan's man management cost Cork the title last season.

I think it was Dolan's man management that nearly won us the league last year. Think of the debacle after the Bohs game when Georgie and other players were not happy, Dolan dealt with it, we nearly won the league and now the same players think he's great. That's good man management in my book.

look forward to a new season with an increased measure of hope and confidence that we can go one better than the last and beat the **** in the X.

If that's your only hope for the season then you really are in a pathetic state. Of course you want to beat the big club but surely it can't be you biggest hope for the season.

thecorner
01/03/2005, 5:37 PM
We are celebrating our 75th year in the League football this season
always brings a smile out of me when you mention that partizan. over on btid this so-called party was proved to be a fake.. 2 different clubs completely

Partizan
01/03/2005, 6:06 PM
Wrong corner,

WUFC & Waterford FC are the same club, but different trading company. For example WUFC PLC trades as WUFC which took over from WUFC Ltd a number of years ago. Now does that mean that the current club was founded in 1998.
if you buy a WUFC Lottto ticket, you will notice at the bottom of the ticket with the following enscribed words "Rules and regulation subject to Waterford FC"

If you look at the histoty of the Blues you will see very clearly that Waterford AFC joined the League in 1930 but left in 1932, only to re-enter in 1934 under a different trading company. In 1941 Waterford AFC pulled out of the league. In 1945 we back in as Waterford FC - Waterford FC Ltd 1945

If you look at the Waterford U official website www.waterford-united.ie you will see that we were founded in 1930 and have 6 League Championships to our name.

Waterford's position mirrors that of Middlesboro & Limerick FC (Utd) & (City), yet LFC was founded in 1937, ask any Lims fan..

Same football clubs but different trading company..

And corner dont give me the crap about not knowing about my own club. I have followed Waterford even before there was a Cork City.

next please :rolleyes: -->

Partizan
01/03/2005, 6:09 PM
Here we go: from the Waterford United FC official website: www.waterford-united.ie

Look on the FAI site :eek:
http://www.fai.ie/staticarticle.asp?hlid=244032

Hark! look at what UEFA has to say :p http://www.uefa.com/FootballCentral/Directory/Club=54188/index.html

and it gets even better :cool:
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/waterfordutd/roll_of_honour.asp

I rest my case My Lord.

pete
01/03/2005, 6:17 PM
I think its unfair to label the Inter Toto Cup as a nothing competition.

City were first eL team to win 2 rounds in a European competition in a long time. It may have been only the Inter Toto Cup but no other irish team did it before & Bohs will do well to match this season.

Malmo may have underestimated City but winning both legs against the eventual Swedish League Champions ain't too shabby...