PDA

View Full Version : Doolin to join College?

Neil
15/06/2001, 1:21 PM
Paul Doolin has emerged as the favourite to fill the new full-time coaching role at UCD, and he could be joined at Belfield by winger James Keddy.

Martin Moran is to stay on as part-time manager at the club, and he is to meet Doolin for talks today. Both Liam Buckley and Don O'Riordan have been already linked with the job.

However, Buckley has decided to stay with Athlone, and it is believed that neither he nor O'Riordan would fancy a coaching rather than management role.

But for Doolin, who retired last month, it could be the perfect introduction to the non-playing side of football, and he could replace Moran eventually as first-team manager.

"I know Paul as both a player and a person and I think we would be perfect at this club," Moran told Neil O'Riordan of the Irish Sun. "He has tremendous experience and is extremely dedicated."

The College boss has revealed that he has held talks with Keddy. The left-winger could not agree a new contract with Shelbourne and he has since been linked with Dundalk and St Patrick's Athletic.

Moran said: "I am looking to bring in a few players. I spoke to Andy Myler, but he has decided to stay with Athlone - and I respect that. I have also spoken to James, and we will have to wait and see what develops there."

Goalkeeper John Browne is to leave the club - possibly to join Portadown - but Tony McDonnell, Aidan Lynch and Barry Ryan have all agreed new deals at Belfield.

James
15/06/2001, 8:48 PM
yes he has been signed and he is also rumoured to be registering as a player....

they definately must be desperate if they r doing this

A face
15/06/2001, 9:25 PM
http://www.ucd.ie/~soccer/

He is a good player but not in that role

EddieL
15/06/2001, 9:28 PM
It is confirmed on Aertel (although it's not too reliable at the best of times) that Doolin is indeed joining UCD as coach,and may also register as a player.Surprised to hear that James Keddy may also join,I'd hoped that he would have joined Pats by now,but good luck to the college boys.

joe
15/06/2001, 9:41 PM
he's probably just looking to add a Collingwood Cup medal to his collection :D

John-boy
24/06/2001, 12:16 PM
I was doubtful when Swanny was signed for the college this season. But he really did great. SO maybe a 38 year old will be even better.