PDA

View Full Version : Keane court case. (Keane cleared of all charges)

eirebhoy
28/02/2005, 1:16 PM
Footballer 'frightened teenager' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/4304855.stm)

Manchester United captain Roy Keane grabbed a frightened teenager around the neck after the youngster swore at him, a court heard on Monday.

Mr Keane also shouted at him and swung a punch at the 16-year-old, his fist stopping just before his face, Trafford Magistrates' Court was told.

He denies a charge of criminal damage after snapping the youngster's chain near his Greater Manchester home.

He also denies assault and a public order offence on 4 September 2004.

'Hand gesture'

The two had clashed after the young student had been riding his moped with a friend near Mr Keane's £1.4m mansion in Hale.

Mr Keane, an Irish international, had been walking his dogs near his home when the boy beeped his horn to acknowledge the star, the court heard.

As the teenager and his friend passed the footballer, Mr Keane swung out with his walking stick.

The teenager drove past and turned round to make a gesture with his hand towards the footballer.

A few weeks later the youngster was on his moped again with a friend visiting a house across the road from Mr Keane's home, the court was told.

Mr Keane was in his garden but came over to approach the pair. The court was shown a video recording of an interview the youngster gave to police after the second incident.

The boy told police he was sat on his bike when he noticed the footballer walking towards him.

"I felt a bit like, 'God, what's going to happen now'", the boy told officers.

He said Mr Keane asked why he had sworn at him.

The teenager said he replied: "Because you nearly hit me; you swung for me with your walking stick.

"He walked up to me and I'm not sure what he said next; he was being a bit aggressive.

"The next thing he did was swing at my face with his right fist. He said, 'that's nearly hitting you'. I flinched backwards."

The trial is expected to last two days.

Peadar
28/02/2005, 1:27 PM
Let's hope he gets what he deserves......... ;)

40 hours community service?

The majority of kids on mopeds deserve a good thumping!

drinkfeckarse
28/02/2005, 3:22 PM
Let's hope he gets what he deserves......... ;)

I hope the ned gets what he deserves too ;)

dahamsta
28/02/2005, 3:33 PM
The Ireland forum is for football news and discussion. This is "current affairs" at best, in reality "entertainment news" because Keane is involved, and ultimately belongs in the bin because if he weren't, it would be absolutely nothing. Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City that would've been in jail long ago if it weren't for his ability to play football. He's not half as bad as the morons that keep propogating these stories as if they matter an iota though.

adam

bitored
28/02/2005, 3:56 PM
I have to disagree with you there. Whether you like it or not Keane is a former captain and one of our most important players and the fact that he is in court for alleged "criminal damage" is, I think, of interest to most Ireland fans - therefore it belongs in the Ireland forum (that is the Ireland forum where I found this - not Off Topic). Don't you think an English football forum would be discussing it if Beckham was in court or a French football forum if Viera was in court. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that this isn't provoking more debate - I suppose there's not much left to be said about Keano

Eire06
28/02/2005, 4:07 PM
Looks like another money grabbin scum tryin to make money off the backs of a footballer... :mad:

thecorner
28/02/2005, 5:52 PM
the lad now is after saying that the story he gave was exagerated

surprise surpise :rolleyes:

Eire06
28/02/2005, 6:33 PM
the lad now is after saying that the story he gave was exagerated

surprise surpise :rolleyes:

Where did you see that...

Honestly I don't think Keane would be that stupid, I'd say there was a few words and thats it...
If he could manage to keep his temper under raps on the pitch against Viera, surely he can handle a bit of guff from a young fella....
I'd say he gets someone startin on him everytime he leaves his house tryin to see can they catch a glimpse of Roys famous temper, so he's plenty used to it..
Not sayin he's an angel or anything, he just gets more hassle that most and It seems like all he wants to do is play soccer and spend time with his family

liam88
28/02/2005, 8:26 PM
Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City

Presuming you're not reffering to the club.....we all know he was a Rambs man but many round my way would say you can have him ;)

Dav. I remember some comments about him yelled down the phone to me during the Swiss match......ended with 'nothing personal' presuming something to do with Cobh :D

thecorner
28/02/2005, 9:14 PM
If you are suggesting that Keane bought him off, and I assume you are, that's potentially libellous, thecorner.

Although it wouldn't be the first time for a footballer. There is one very well known footballer in the English Premiership (not Roy, I hasten to add) who bought his way out of a rape rap that never made the light of day.

no im not saying he bought him off

im saying that the incident probably never even happened ;)

eirebhoy
28/02/2005, 10:09 PM
The Ireland forum is for football news and discussion. This is "current affairs" at best, in reality "entertainment news" because Keane is involved, and ultimately belongs in the bin because if he weren't, it would be absolutely nothing. Keane's a bully and an embarrassement to Cork City that would've been in jail long ago if it weren't for his ability to play football. He's not half as bad as the morons that keep propogating these stories as if they matter an iota though.

adam
You obviously have a better idea than anyone of what types of posts you want in each forum as you run the site. Its just that I barely look in the Off Topic forum and anything to do with Irish players I associate with the Ireland forum. The likes of Rule 42 and TV deals aren't directly football related but of interest to followers of the national team.

joeSoap
01/03/2005, 12:14 PM
no need to say anymore.....judge said he could'nt believe a word out of the boy. :p

Hibs4Ever
01/03/2005, 12:14 PM
Roy cleared of ALL charges :D

Éanna
01/03/2005, 12:17 PM
threads merged

By the sounds of it the young fella was asking for it- sounds like a total scumbag.

Eire06
01/03/2005, 12:17 PM
no need to say anymore.....judge said he could'nt believe a word out of the boy. :p

Its an absolute disgrace it went to court in the first place fair play to Roy for not payin him off and seeing it through :D :D

Éanna
01/03/2005, 12:41 PM
I just have this image of Keane waving a walking stick at him and roaring like Victor Meldrew :D

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:15 PM
Far be it from me to defend Keane, but the young fella sounded like an aggressive little trouble maker.

Longfordian
01/03/2005, 1:33 PM
The young fella's mate gave evidence for Keane that yer man was looking to get Keane into trouble, I genuinely don't think there's a case against Keane, criminal damage to a £2.99 chain ffs

glasgabhainn
01/03/2005, 1:40 PM
So yet another vindication for Roy Keane ( just as good as the Genesis Report) but is that any good for some of you? Of course not. It doesn't matter what this great great man does, certain elements will still detest him.

So let's be honest, if a court of law clears him and you still maintain that he was culpible DESPITE the kid himself admitting he himself was an knacker (and perchance a complete chav), a basic introduction to the common law judicial system is required.

And for the last time Keane is not a man who in his spare time boils horses down to glue and mends pots and pans so let's stop with the tinker references please.

Did anyone else notice that scobe (kid, not Keane) leaving the courts a few months ago nearly OGing on his imitation bling bling (estimated value: £5)? Any man wearing a shell suit with a pencil moustache of Gary Nevillesque proportions should be summarily executed.

And why is no one asking the most pertinant question: Where was Matt Holland while all this was going on? (Marking space perhaps?)

Macy
01/03/2005, 1:42 PM
And why is no one asking the most pertinant question: Where was Matt Holland while all this was going on? (Marking space perhaps?)
Early entry for post of the month :D

Eire06
01/03/2005, 2:10 PM
should he get a pat on the back?

Yep and a medal and a trophy and whatever else he wants :D

patsh
01/03/2005, 2:11 PM
Is it true that this "little lad" was in actual fact 6' 3"? I picked out that bit from the radio yesterday, and also the fact that Keane's arm and stick would have had to have been about 20 feet long to reach him on the opposite side of the road....:D

Keane, in some ways, is just going to have to accept that this kind of thing is going to happen to him, he is well known, also well known not to be a "shrinking violet" and gurriers like this are always going to be in wait for him.

joeSoap
01/03/2005, 2:20 PM
Vindication? What nonsense is this. Being found 'not guilty' of an offence is not a vindication, nor does it make someone great. It just means that he didn't punch a kid, should he get a pat on the back?
So, you think its ok for a person who has committed no crime to be dragged through the courts and gutter press simply because he's a big name? I think a not guilty verdict is pure vindication in this instance:

Dictionary Definition of Vindication:

Definitions
vindicate
verb vindicated, vindicating

1. To clear someone of blame or criticism.

Thesaurus: clear, acquit, free, absolve, exculpate, excuse.
2. To show something to have been worthwhile or justified.

Example: The year's results vindicated their cautious planning
3. To maintain or uphold (a point of view, cause, etc).

I'd say Mr Keane was Vindicated today....no nonsense about it.

razor
01/03/2005, 2:42 PM
So did you think Lee Bowyer was vindicated when he was found 'not guilty' of nearly kicking to death and Asian student? I just don't think not being guilty of assault is something meritorious or commendable.In all fairness I don't think Bowyers case is comparable to this one.

patsh
01/03/2005, 2:45 PM
So did you think Lee Bowyer was vindicated when he was found 'not guilty' of nearly kicking to death and Asian student? I just don't think not being guilty of assault is something meritorious or commendable.
Nothing meritorious or commendable about it Conor.
However, how does this case compare in ANY way with some gurrier trying it on with Keane?

dahamsta
01/03/2005, 2:51 PM
Great man my arse. If being able to play football makes someone a great man we're in a lot of trouble.

adam

NeilMcD
01/03/2005, 2:57 PM
And why is no one asking the most pertinant question: Where was Matt Holland while all this was going on? (Marking space perhaps?)[/QUOTE]

Great quote ha ha, I think the incident took place while the Ireland V Cypurs game was going ahead. I think Matt Holland was injured for that. So not sure what he was up to.

joeSoap
01/03/2005, 3:40 PM
So did you think Lee Bowyer was vindicated when he was found 'not guilty' of nearly kicking to death and Asian student? I just don't think not being guilty of assault is something meritorious or commendable.
Ignorance is bliss, eh Conor?? :rolleyes:

RemingtonSteele
01/03/2005, 3:54 PM
ah yes, comparing Lee Bowyer to Roy Keane. Beating the s**t out of someone compared to breaking a priceless gold chain(did that chav get it in a kinder egg i wonder?)
what next?will we blame Keane for America losing its way?the assassination of jfk AND michael collins?
in fact, why dont we designate his very use on the soccer pitch a war crime and be done with him?
personally,i blame matt holland.
why you ask?
well,why not?
lets be honest,if a scobe on a moped started calling insulting you for walking your dog-wouldnt you want to beat 8 shades of s***e out of him?
i sure as hell would.
and a moped?!what next,will this guy graduate to purchasing the fine Elizabeth Duke jewellery?is his girlfriend,mother or sister(or indeed all) called jacinta?

RemingtonSteele
01/03/2005, 3:56 PM
in fact are his mother/sister/girlfriend indeed one in the same?
might explain a lot.....

Green Tribe
01/03/2005, 6:53 PM
Great man my arse. If being able to play football makes someone a great man we're in a lot of trouble.

adam

hear hear!!

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 11:10 PM

adam

i'd have thought you'd be above "my true story - keane ____ me in ______ cos hes evil" tabloid stories adam.

no better man to lead his country. the next jack lynch.

drinkfeckarse
02/03/2005, 8:11 AM
Great man my arse.adam

Oh you must know him personally then Adam to make that judgement... :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
02/03/2005, 9:05 AM
On the contrary, I would have thought that one would have to know him personally to know how great a man he may be,

That is my point, Dahamsta is being sarcastic but how does he know that he is NOT a great man if he doesn't know him personally ;)

dahamsta
02/03/2005, 9:40 AM
In Deep After Shave Voiceover Voice:

Circular Logic. By Drinkfeckarse.

drinkfeckarse
02/03/2005, 9:52 AM
In Deep After Shave Voiceover Voice:

Circular Logic. By Drinkfeckarse.

;) :D

anto1208
02/03/2005, 11:37 AM
fact are this kid said lets get on our bikes go wind up keane had to drive to his estate and wait for him to go walking his dog , so i think keane was dead right to have a go at him if you leave these scum bags get away with it all the time they will just get worse and worse , a good kick up the arse is excatly what he needed

dahamsta
02/03/2005, 11:42 AM
fact are this kid said lets get on our bikes go wind up keane had to drive to his estate and wait for him to go walking his dog , so i think keane was dead right to have a go at him if you leave these scum bags get away with it all the time they will just get worse and worse , a good kick up the arse is excatly what he neededMost appropriate handle ever.

stojkovic
02/03/2005, 12:01 PM
a good kick up the arse is excatly what he needed
Mourinho style ?