PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

yiddo
04/02/2002, 5:33 PM
1. Are we better off than this time last year ?

2. Can we make the leap from always being there or therabouts eg 3rd or 4th every season to winning trophies or have Murphy and the current board taken us as far as they can?

3. Will Ollie go at the end of the season?

Imo yes/ no/ yes

James
04/02/2002, 5:40 PM
1/ questionable, and depends on what aspects of the club you mean...a slight yes IMO

2/ NO the jump cant be made with Liam at the helm, i'm afraid

3/ Ollie gone...

Gary
04/02/2002, 5:48 PM
1)We are no better off this time this season than last. The signing of O Grady was the best thing to have happened.

2)WE NEED TO FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL, IN BOTH ATTITUDE AND ON THE PITCH.

3). Ollies gone Id say.

Neil
04/02/2002, 6:06 PM
1. No
2. Board and Murphy have complete wrong attitude. We will never progress with them at the helm. But some people are happy enough with their parochial attitude so what can ya do?
3. Ollie is gone to Dubland.

SÓC
04/02/2002, 8:45 PM
1. Much much better, our new players have a season of development behind them, they will be bigger and better next year.

2. We defo need to go pro. I do believe Murphy would do a good job at it. Board, I donno what they want, however I do think that if the conditions are right they would push ahead with it. Summer Soccer would tell alot

3. Whether Ollie goes or not will be a good mesure of how Mr. Cahill rates our current squad.

jbrazil
04/02/2002, 9:32 PM
1) slightly
2) no
3) yes

Deco
04/02/2002, 10:26 PM
1.no

2.Both Murphy and the board have taken us as far as they can go.

3.Ollies gone .

Out of the people that said we are in a better position, who was in favour of Derek being sacked last season?

Neil
05/02/2002, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by Deco
Out of the people that said we are in a better position, who was in favour of Derek being sacked last season?
Most of these people are either connected to the club, get money from the club or know someone personally in the club.

A face
05/02/2002, 9:42 AM
1. Considering the year we had last year we did well to get back on our feet, i think there is great use of the youth teams and U-21's and there seem to be alot of players being made ready for the senior team, which is great. There are seven games left now, and this time last year we were climbing back up, so on the table .... yes we are better, as regards the squad, i think the team learnt alot this year and we could have a great year next season, which was the resounding aspiration from last year, we have all been say for ages that the team were pushing on and youth need to come in, they are in now and hopefully next year we will see the results of this. It all takes time. So in a word the answer to no. one is YES

2. Always going to be harder if we are not a fulltime squad, but yes, hopefully we can go for trophies next year, but if you are asking can we do it every year i'd say not, if we were full-time we would have a much better chance.

3. As some said earlier, it will show what he thinks of the team if he did go, but can i ask first, Is his contract up, has some one been snoopin' around lookin' for him or what, where did this come from. My slant on it would be "What a great player, it will be hard to replace him, Hopefully he will stay, City depend on him alot."

pete
05/02/2002, 11:36 AM
1) Yes

2) Probably no but can't see any alternatives.

3) Don't know. Maybe as fans we need to encourage him to stay? Less of the moaning when he doesn't run half the length of the pitch & setup a goal for the forward?

patsh
05/02/2002, 12:51 PM
3) Don't know. Maybe as fans we need to encourage him to stay? With you all the way on that one pete. I'm the first to moan about some players, but Ollie deserves our thanks and praise.......

Troy.McClure
05/02/2002, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
With you all the way on that one pete. I'm the first to moan about some players, but Ollie deserves our thanks and praise.......

Could 4-5-1 possibly do a centrefold for him? He deserves it. When will the next 4-5-1 be out? Shels?

FourFiveOne
05/02/2002, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Could 4-5-1 possibly do a centrefold for him? He deserves it. When will the next 4-5-1 be out? Shels?
Issue 7 will be out for the Shels game. Deadline for contributions and letters is next Monday.

As regards the centerfold, what would it say? Let us know and we'll see...

niamh
05/02/2002, 3:41 PM
1) Better off in the sense that new player have been brought in, but in the sense that we're still not playing good football

2) Definitely not. We're also rans and I don't see that changing with the current set up.

3) There's no talk of talks going on about a new contract so I think not. It's sad to think that few if any fans have any reason to think he'll stay.

ivan
05/02/2002, 8:50 PM
1=a small bit :rolleyes:
2=no way :confused:
3=unfortunatly yes :(

derm
06/02/2002, 8:36 AM
1/ Yes we are. We're getting in young players which, if we hang on to, will come good. City have never had a squad that could rival de Dub teams. Transfers down here are very rare, so we have to build up teams. Most if not all of de youngsters are contracted so should not leak money. Training facilities seem (AFAIK) to be sorted out so won't have 2 resort to jogging around de lough as in Davey's day!

2/ As far as de board & gunther - I'd give them a not-exactly-whooping-and-punching-de-air thumbs up but only as interim measures. Gunther has to stay @ de club in some capacity, preferrably in a youth development role but only until a good full-time manager (who's interested) becomes available.
De board are improving de club, painfully slowly tho' it is. I do take some responsibilty for this in that I STILL haven't won de lotto :D
To answer de question tho', I think de club needs a more dynamic acceptable risk-taking board and experienced full-time manager to make the necessary leap forward.

3/ He is out of contract @ de end of this season I think. Rovers have said they'd be interested. If he goes it will probably be to them tho' he would be a fantastic addition to any team.
Don't know on this one, but my gut says he'll stay ...