PDA

View Full Version : Training facilities funding

pete
28/02/2005, 10:48 AM
IMO City should create a supporters 400 club to fund this.

Supporters give X amount every year in addition to season ticket money.
I think there is some sort of tax saving scheme associated with these types of funding in same way charity contributions allow the charity claim the tax paid on the donations.
The 400 club would have the right to elect 1-2 people onto City board in exchange - will ensure transparity.

Ever €200 * 400 people is 80k a year + tax rebates.

Might be possible for club to borrow cash based on people siging up to 3 years of these payments too?

I heard Munster Rugby were using that tax scheme to fund part of redevelopment of Musgrave Park. Anyone know anything elese about that? Any Accounants here?

Éanna
28/02/2005, 10:50 AM
yeah. there was a similar suggestion made on ccfc.ie forums. I'd definitely be interested anyway. Best way to do this is for the Supporters Club to approach the club I'd imagine.

A face
28/02/2005, 12:18 PM
I'd be interested in this too !!

Dricky
28/02/2005, 12:56 PM
INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THAT.

Time to show unity behind the club, forget brian forget pat. It is Cork City abú........

yan
28/02/2005, 6:02 PM
lads do u really think we could get 400 supporters to cough up 200euros each, considering alot of the hardcore fans and i say alot and not all like myself are in college or under 18,

its alot of money no matter wat ur doin and i understand its all for the club etc but of those that are not in college or under 18 we have alot of overheads,bills,etc to cover ourselves.

dont get me wrong i would cough it up if i knew we had 400 fans solid that will pay it, but if bearly get 100 or so it wudnt be worth it!

I am open to correction!

James
28/02/2005, 6:06 PM
200 euros each @ 400 members
lets boil it down

thats €3.84 a week over the course of a 52 week year
all that has to be done is setup an account for this from the clubs end and you arrange a direct debit out of yours every week into that account, which would be used to raise money for the training facilities!

1 pint a week.. give it up for Cork City

thoughts

yan
28/02/2005, 6:11 PM
good idea,

even make it an even 5 euro a week,

ramblers
28/02/2005, 6:51 PM
Hi All,
Why not have some sort of draw like they have in Cobh its called an 800 draw I belive the idea is that you sell say 800 tickets at 100 euros each and then some of the money goes towards prizes every month with the most going to the fund.

Say for instance you had 800 people bought tickets at 100 euros thats 80000 24,000 goes back in prizes 2000 permonth broken down however and 56,000 goes in to the pot.

This gives an incentive to get the money in and if it grows you can move it up to a 1000 draw and get more people in or start at a lower number say 500 and grow it from there.

Éanna
28/02/2005, 7:40 PM
4 or 5 euro a week is easily do-able. I'd be well up for it anyway. How about the Supporters Club put this idea to the club?

Troy.McClure
28/02/2005, 7:46 PM
Or how about the supporters club just do it themselves and give the money to the club. Maybe they could arrange a further discount for members of this on merchandise in the club shop?

kevincronin2000
28/02/2005, 8:25 PM
ok if 1,923 fans gave €5.00 per week for 1 year the club would raise half a million!
or 961 fans over two years!

Now i presume the problem lies with getting a loan from the back in the mean time as the club have none or little assets as security for the loan unless a buisness person (or chairperson) was to go as a gaurentor for the loan.

Our only assets are our players. And i rekon if all went belly up we would be hard pushed to raise half a million from the sale of players.

Troy.McClure
28/02/2005, 9:43 PM
Me being the poor student/ scabby b@stard that I am, Id want something back for my money, but not much.

If they managed to get people giving them money then some sort exclucive deal or what have you should be given in return. There are loads of easy and cheap things that they could do, like give priority ticket sales for FAI/UEFA cup games to members as Im sure that most of them wouldnt be season ticket holders. A personalised signed photo of a player. Exclusive access to additional parts of the website would be another thing that wouldnt be too hard to do, say post up an extended preview to the match programme, more exclusive player interviews, that sort of thing.

Another easy thing to do would to have a few training sessions for the fans on the new facilities, say 400 members, only 300 would actually bother turning up, 4 sessons organised, each member entitled to go to one, so that would be 75 members per sesson, 6 team players at each sesson, so there would be 12 or 13 members per group with coaching from their own player. It would only have to last an hour/ 90 min and would deffinitly get people interested.

Just a few simple things like that would make this a very attractive offer.

pete
28/02/2005, 9:48 PM
I only used 400 as a rough figure.

From what i've heard Shamrock Rovers have a 400 club (don't know how much they pay) & is like a extra special Platnum season ticket add-on. AFAIK they elect 2 people to the board which was supposed to encourage accountability.

IMO it should be separate from the supporters club & if run by the club itself for sole purpose of training grounds funding would be able to claim tax back.

colblimp
28/02/2005, 10:11 PM
What a great idea!

I'd be up for €5 a week. The incentives are endless if only the club would allow all our ideas. It's definitely something the Supporters Club should get involved in, something meaningful that the fans could feel proud about.

The new facilities could be called: 'Cork City training ground, funded by CCOSC'. Or something like that!! :confused:

IMO it's worth looking into.

Fair_play_boy
28/02/2005, 10:39 PM
Now this is an idea that could run and run. And it would not take a whole lot of work to put the wheels in motion.
1. Open and announce a donor account. Get the donor account's bank to stump the first 5 grand as their name will be linked with the scheme, and they make horrific profits anyway.
2. Photocopy a couple of thousand bankers orders with the donor account details pre-printed, leaving space for each donors name, bank account details, and the amount he / she would be comfortable donating weekly / monthly.
3. A team of volunteers inside the ground asking donors to complete and sign the forms at easily accessible tables around the ground, not just at the entrance where everybody seems to want to sell you something.

All this idea needs to get started is a couple of heads with credibility. The good will is deffo there. I am in the first opportunity I get.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 7:53 AM
What a great idea!

thanks ;) :D

pete
01/03/2005, 9:05 AM
Again I don't agree with donation element.

If you want enough people to contribute for long enough needs to be structured properly legally with controls. If looking for donations will only get once off money & be zero controls where cash ends up.

I wouldn't give anyone inside turners cross my bank details in same way not going to sign up for charity with bank details on the street.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 9:54 AM
I wouldn't give anyone inside turners cross my bank details in same way not going to sign up for charity with bank details on the street.

why? just curious

Lim till i die
01/03/2005, 11:01 AM
Fair play to ye for the 400 hundred club idea lads Cork City second best fans in the league :) But in fairness isn't the point being missed just a tad here i mean ye already fork out cash through the turnstiles each week and on merchandise etc and it shouldn really be up to ye to provide respectable training facilities for the players

pete
01/03/2005, 12:40 PM
But in fairness isn't the point being missed just a tad here i mean ye already fork out cash through the turnstiles each week and on merchandise etc and it shouldn really be up to ye to provide respectable training facilities for the players

Fans would get say in club by electing board members.

Éanna
01/03/2005, 12:44 PM
IMO it should be separate from the supporters club & if run by the club itself for sole purpose of training grounds funding would be able to claim tax back.
agreed. The most important thing is that this is structured well and organised properly.

Dricky
01/03/2005, 3:41 PM
Again I don't agree with donation element.

If you want enough people to contribute for long enough needs to be structured properly legally with controls. If looking for donations will only get once off money & be zero controls where cash ends up.

Agree, It should be as a trust format and could be for a limited time. Run in conjunction with Cork City FC.

Fair_play_boy
01/03/2005, 4:42 PM
There is another way to address this. The next general election is less than 2 years away, and could be as early as spring of next year.
If you count regular supporters plus their immediate family members, there are probably enough votes to make the quota on the first count.
How hard would it be to run a candidate on the platform of sports facilities generally? It is a surefire winner. Half of Douglas seem to e involved in the swimming pool saga, for example. I reckon there is a Dail seat in Cork South Central, which could pressure the government to get its finger out in relation to this issue. The next Dail will probably be finely balanced, no matter who gets into power. What do you think???

thecorner
01/03/2005, 5:43 PM
i mentioned here before what was done with bohs fans.

any fan that wanted paid a sum of 50 YOYOS. a new jersey was made up for the season with all fans names on it a la man utd old blue and white jersey with ex-players. be good to see city play in a jersey like this and also a great keepsake for fans later on in life

should be able to fit a lot of names on a jersey.

could maybe charge more than 50 yoyos bohs charged

pete
01/03/2005, 6:19 PM
Agree, It should be as a trust format and could be for a limited time. Run in conjunction with Cork City FC.

Brian Lennox is continually looking for more investors in the club. Main advantage of this method is that fans would be attempting this on a limited scale.

Better to have more people contributing less money than less people 7 more cash per person.

colblimp
01/03/2005, 6:51 PM
thanks ;) :D

You're welcome! :)