PDA

View Full Version : Munster Junior Cup 2004/05

Pages : [1] 2

kingpin
28/02/2005, 9:55 AM
Anybody have any comments on this years competition

widow
28/02/2005, 10:05 AM
regional from limerick are the surprise team no one expected them to get this far, whose on their side of the draw, just shows you how strong the limerick league is compared to others around the country, well done regional fair play

kingpin
28/02/2005, 1:01 PM
I know newcastle west are into the quarter final aswell, what other limerick league teams are left in it and does any know how newcastle are rated?

kingpin
28/02/2005, 2:42 PM
Whistler,
Who do you think are favourites to win it this year? I see fairview got knocked out yesterday, how many limerick sides are left in the competition?

balls
28/02/2005, 6:47 PM
st michaels from tipp have to be favourates after beating fairview yesterday. was at game fairview were well on top and wayne scored great goal in 1st half but second half was all saints and they deserved there win. fairview need a better goalkeeper cost them game yesterday. dont mind all this talk about how good limericks league is yeah standard is high but saints or clonmel town wud beat any limerick side.

thecorner
28/02/2005, 7:00 PM
leeside take on st.michaels.. michaels a good side but expect leeside to give them a good game.. lots of young talent and 3 of the players on oscar traynor first team

irisheagle
28/02/2005, 10:35 PM
st michaels from tipp have to be favourates after beating fairview yesterday. was at game fairview were well on top and wayne scored great goal in 1st half but second half was all saints and they deserved there win. fairview need a better goalkeeper cost them game yesterday. dont mind all this talk about how good limericks league is yeah standard is high but saints or clonmel town wud beat any limerick side.

Carrick will be happy all the chat is about Micheals and Clonmel. Micheals have hard games ahead Leeside are no push overs if they come thru that they may well face a semi final in Tralee. Carrick in my book are favs to hold unto the cup

kingpin
01/03/2005, 10:35 AM
There seems to be a lot of talk about michaels, town and carrick but i think tralee dynamos are being overlooked. There a very good footballing side, and they have a home draw to a very average waterford premier team in the 1/4 finals. Who are town dew to play in the 1/4 finals those anyone know? Interestingly if both carrick and town win there respective 1/4 finals they will meet in the semi-final, a replay of last years final!!

backodanet
01/03/2005, 11:40 AM
if you look at the teams left it seems harder to win the munster

i'll go for clonmel

backodanet
02/03/2005, 10:05 AM
A - Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Rineanna Rvs or Castleview
B - Hibernians or Newcastle West or Crosshaven or Fermoy V Carrick United
C - Clonmel Town V Regional Utd
D - St Michael's V Leeside

think the semi wil be a v d & b v c

CousinSylDolan
02/03/2005, 10:16 AM
A - Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Rineanna Rvs or Castleview
B - Hibernians or Newcastle West or Crosshaven or Fermoy V Carrick United

think the semi wil be a v d & b v c

After last weekend it should prob look more like this..... Could be wrong!!!!!!!

A - Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Castleview
B - Newcastle West V Carrick United

In the top half of the draw I expect more games are played too but I'm not sure. Something tells me its Tralee vs Ferrybank but not too sure. :confused: :confused: :confused:

kingpin
02/03/2005, 10:27 AM
After last weekend it should prob look more like this..... Could be wrong!!!!!!!

A - Hill Celtic or Tralee Dynamos V Ballingarry or Ferrybank or Castleview
B - Newcastle West V Carrick United

In the top half of the draw I expect more games are played too but I'm not sure. Something tells me its Tralee vs Ferrybank but not too sure. :confused: :confused: :confused:
You're correct its ferrybank away to tralee, does anybody have any information on regional?

backodanet
02/03/2005, 10:32 AM
a breakaway club for mungret regional only a few years old

lot of experience at the back - 2 center halfs

alot of pace upfront

very strong in midfield

kingpin
02/03/2005, 12:08 PM
a breakaway club for mungret regional only a few years old

lot of experience at the back - 2 center halfs

alot of pace upfront

very strong in midfield
Are they good enough to turn over town in your opinion?

backodanet
02/03/2005, 1:01 PM
Are they good enough to turn over town in your opinion?

i don't think so but what i can remember of clonmel they can dominate teams for the whole match but not put them away so u never know

Canine
02/03/2005, 2:17 PM
There seems to be a lot of talk about michaels, town and carrick but i think tralee dynamos are being overlooked. There a very good footballing side, and they have a home draw to a very average waterford premier team in the 1/4 finals. Who are town dew to play in the 1/4 finals those anyone know? Interestingly if both carrick and town win there respective 1/4 finals they will meet in the semi-final, a replay of last years final!!

Dunno about Tralee Dynamos - their 'keeper has been suspended for the rest of the season and will be a loss to them. Good solid team but have a lot more weaknesses than they did last season

Supersub
02/03/2005, 2:19 PM
I would say that Regional are very weak side to be laft at this stage of the comp. You would have to fancy CT to beat them ...

Two centre halfs have a lot of experience which could be translated into "no pace" ... Fair play to them for getting this far but I would imagine that it will be the end of the road .. If they were at home you might say they would have a chance ...

Ask me tom
02/03/2005, 9:34 PM
I Cant See A Team Like Regional Or Newcastle West Going Anyfurther But I Think It Would Be Great If They Did For All Neutrals . The Advantage To These Sides Is Nothing Is Expected Of Them The Underdog Tag Is The Best To Have

irisheagle
02/03/2005, 10:55 PM
A trip to Tralee is not an easy option for anyone.
They should beat Ferrybank, then will have Micheals at home at the Kerry League ground. Don't be surprised if they reach the final.

The other semi final should see Carrick host Clonmel in Waterford.

backodanet
03/03/2005, 8:42 AM
How Good Are Tralee
I Know They Have A Great Set Up But That's All I Know Any Info??

kingpin
03/03/2005, 9:58 AM
How Good Are Tralee
I Know They Have A Great Set Up But That's All I Know Any Info??
Tralee ar every solid at the back, they like to play football and keep the ball on the deck. They have two great ball players in the middle of the park, ther main playmaker is a chap called sammy (samier). An excellent player with good vision and all the tricks, he plays in the middle of the park. The two in the middle can be kept quiet if you get stuck in on them. Their two strikers like to drop deep for the ball and interchange passes with the midfield, they werent a big threat on goal when i saw them but one is a good target man in the air. Overall an excellent footballing side all round but not very clinical upfront!

teckno
06/03/2005, 10:28 PM
Think ye are being very unfait on Ferrybank here. They are a good side who are just coming bang into form. They drew 0-0 with Carrick in the league and that was with 10 men for the last 30 mins. Don't be too surprised if they caused a shock down in Tralee. Then they would have a home semi final at their fantastic facilities in Ferrybank, and if they were to meet Carrick in a final they have every chance of beating them. Last year carrick only beat them on penalties in the earlier rounds of the FAI Junior Cup!!

irisheagle
06/03/2005, 11:13 PM
Ferrybank v Carrick the worst game played this season. It was played in awfull windy conditions, Ferrybank hoffed the ball all over the park, time wasting etc. and the ref was quite woefull. The bloodly ball was black and blue, good job no aircraft were flying low !!. It this is Waterford Premier Football god help us. If Carrick were allowed to play football they would have won.
Tralee will beat Ferrybank, unlike Carrick Tralee will love the hoffing game Ferrybank play and the gale of saturday will have blown out.

Ferrybanks facilities !!, good yes but the pitch is a bog. As for Ferrybank reaching the final. Well semi's must be played on a nuteral ground that would be Ozier. There opponents would possibly be St. Micheals who to be honest would be far to good for Ferrybank.
As for Carrick on Saturdays display they will win nothing, but they will not face GAA like teams in gale like conditions either each weekend.

But my word that referee on Saturday was the pits, the game was woeful and he was not interested. He seems to want trouble, a bully boy referee if ever I saw one.

teckno
07/03/2005, 12:14 AM
How can you possibly say the pitch is a bog?? I was at the game and there was nothing wrong with the pitch in fact it is one of the better junior league pitches in Munster.
All I am saying is yes of course it will be very hard for Ferrybank but don't write them off as they are capable of getting results even down in Tralee.
As for your comments about the referee. If the Carrick management stopped complaing and moaning about everything in the game there would not be a problem. Carrick were lucky not to have the game abandoned with the way they were carrying on referees have ahard enough job to do without this kind of rubbish. Maybe it's just Carrick feeling under pressure.
Your comments about the facilities are totally unfair too. Ferrybank are probably the most progressive club in the Waterford Junior League. Go back to the ground for next season and you will see a brand spanking new pitch that will then give them two quality pitches, and with also exceelent training and dressing room facilitities. Give credit where credit is due Irish Eagle

kingpin
07/03/2005, 9:27 AM
Ferrybank v Carrick the worst game played this season. It was played in awfull windy conditions, Ferrybank hoffed the ball all over the park, time wasting etc. and the ref was quite woefull. The bloodly ball was black and blue, good job no aircraft were flying low !!. It this is Waterford Premier Football god help us. If Carrick were allowed to play football they would have won.
Tralee will beat Ferrybank, unlike Carrick Tralee will love the hoffing game Ferrybank play and the gale of saturday will have blown out.

Ferrybanks facilities !!, good yes but the pitch is a bog. As for Ferrybank reaching the final. Well semi's must be played on a nuteral ground that would be Ozier. There opponents would possibly be St. Micheals who to be honest would be far to good for Ferrybank.
As for Carrick on Saturdays display they will win nothing, but they will not face GAA like teams in gale like conditions either each weekend.

But my word that referee on Saturday was the pits, the game was woeful and he was not interested. He seems to want trouble, a bully boy referee if ever I saw one.
I disagree with your point that carrick will win nothing, carrick tried to play ball but werent allowed with the ball being constantly pumped down on their back four all day. They were by far the better team and didnt win simply because they failed to take their chances. Have you seen all of their games this year or are you just writing them off on the one game you have seen. Be realistic hear, theres not a team in the country that performs to the top of their abilities week in week out. The referee was a disgrace!! Nothing new there though

kingpin
07/03/2005, 9:36 AM
How can you possibly say the pitch is a bog?? I was at the game and there was nothing wrong with the pitch in fact it is one of the better junior league pitches in Munster.
All I am saying is yes of course it will be very hard for Ferrybank but don't write them off as they are capable of getting results even down in Tralee.
As for your comments about the referee. If the Carrick management stopped complaing and moaning about everything in the game there would not be a problem. Carrick were lucky not to have the game abandoned with the way they were carrying on referees have ahard enough job to do without this kind of rubbish. Maybe it's just Carrick feeling under pressure.
Your comments about the facilities are totally unfair too. Ferrybank are probably the most progressive club in the Waterford Junior League. Go back to the ground for next season and you will see a brand spanking new pitch that will then give them two quality pitches, and with also exceelent training and dressing room facilitities. Give credit where credit is due Irish Eagle
What way were they carrying on? By the sounds of it your a ferrybank supporter, im not being critical now but tralee are a very good side. I feel that yee will have to pose a bigger threat up front if yee want to beat them, and in the big lad i dont think hes good enough. Their back four are very solid as were ferrybank's on saturday, and they've an excellent midfield pairing. Yee will have to be on top form to turn them over

teckno
07/03/2005, 2:37 PM
the way they were abusing the referee not just the management but the club members too was a disgrace. They were having a go at him every chance they got. It really hard for a referee to do Premier League games without linesman and they should not be getting all the hassle and abuse that the Carrick mentors were giving him!!!!
Carrick will in my opinion will still win the league as they are by far the best team in it. But I stand by what I said earlier if it was an all Waterford Munster Junior Cup final then I think Ferrybank would be more than capable of beating Carrick on the day

Van The Man
07/03/2005, 4:13 PM

Was the game myself. Don't know how you can say the goalkeeper cost them the game. St. Michael's first goal was a scramble with everybody involved. And the keeper had no chance for the second, a ambitious shot by Aaron Moroney (Ex Carrick Utd, Clonmel Town), the only thing he did for the whole 90 mins. Michaels are a beatable team, and should have been beaten on this occasion. Barry Ryan striker is past his sell by date.

carricksmasher
07/03/2005, 4:44 PM
how long has moroney been playing with them?

irisheagle
07/03/2005, 11:27 PM
What way were they carrying on? By the sounds of it your a ferrybank supporter, im not being critical now but tralee are a very good side. I feel that yee will have to pose a bigger threat up front if yee want to beat them, and in the big lad i dont think hes good enough. Their back four are very solid as were ferrybank's on saturday, and they've an excellent midfield pairing. Yee will have to be on top form to turn them over

This easy to upset you lot, good job the referee is not on here, lol. This only football fella's. Seriouly no need for abuse on here either

irisheagle
07/03/2005, 11:38 PM
The Carrick mentors work hard at their team game like every other club and do not deserve the comments above.
I believe Carrick have six home games in the league, hence the ball is in their court.
Referee's are paided thus you expect better then what was on offer on Saturday. If he was refereing in the AUL the run would be put on him. Ferrybanks facilities are good but no better then most of the progressive clubs in the country, which has to be applauded.
Micheals are a very good side, it will take a good team to beat them. Would love to see a Micheal v Carrick final, here football would be the winner.

kingpin
08/03/2005, 10:24 AM
how long has moroney been playing with them?
He's been playing with michael's since about november i think, maybe earlier.

kingpin
08/03/2005, 10:28 AM
This easy to upset you lot, good job the referee is not on here, lol. This only football fella's. Seriouly no need for abuse on here either
What abuse?

Ask me tom
21/03/2005, 12:51 AM
i herd carrick beat newcastle today 1-0 no shock there then was that the only ouater final today

carricksmasher
21/03/2005, 8:44 AM
yeah carrick won 1-0 and have clonmel town in the semi, repeat of last years final

kingpin
21/03/2005, 1:21 PM
yeah carrick won 1-0 and have clonmel town in the semi, repeat of last years final
Clonmel town still have to play their 1/4 final against regional united of limerick, carrick are due to play the winners of that game. That is scheduled for next weekend in clonmel.

balls
21/03/2005, 10:30 PM
saint michaels beat leeside 3-1 they are in other semi

irisheagle
22/03/2005, 11:44 PM
Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary. So were are all the super :ball: Limerick teams !!

clownboy
23/03/2005, 7:18 AM
Regional play Clonmel in the Munster Junior Cup on on Sunday, have they got any hope of success?. If Town win three Tipperary teams and a Kerry team will remain, Carrick Utd. play in the Waterford League but are based in South Tipperary. So were are all the super :ball: Limerick teams !!

We could have said 2 weeks ago where are all the super Tipp and Dublin teams when there was 3 LDL sides left in the FAI Quarters but that would just be petty and it does not matter if Carrick are in south Tipp ..they play in the waterford League and thats that.Also look how quickly things change only one limerick team in the semis now..I would go for a repeat of last years final if Clonmel and Carrick avoid each other in the semi..That would make it 1 TSDL team and one Waterford District league team ...I reckon the WDL team would win just like last year

balls
23/03/2005, 8:27 PM
carrick and clonmel play each other in semi, neither team is as good as last year but are still vert evenly matched. saint michaels i think will win the cup if they get to final

irisheagle
23/03/2005, 11:46 PM
Believe me Micheals will have it all to do in Tralee.

Would like to see Carrick win it again, all their players and management staff came up throught the Schoolboys ranks of the club. Each and every players is Carrick throught and throught.
None of the other semi finalists can claim that. Its a magnificant achievement, what other top junior club can claim that fact - none I would think. By all accounts Carrick were impressive in Newcasltewest last Sunday and were minus some key players.
Clonmel have also looked impressive resently

Ask me tom
25/03/2005, 4:49 PM
saw the ncw carrick game and while they were deserved victors and the better side carrick were far from impressive and didn`t look a patch on last year.
they were unable to finish off new castle. i think clonmel are a stronger side at the moment

tralee_dynamo
30/03/2005, 4:10 PM
All the chat here is about st. michaels, clonmel town and carrick, I wouldn't rule us (Tralee Dynamos) out of it yet. We already have played Carrick this year in Tralee in the Munster Senior Cup and we more than matched them performance wise - and we were the better team over the 90 minutes + extra time and we were dissappointed to lose out on penalties.

I reckon we have a good chance of making it to the final, and if we make it to the final rumour has it that it will be on in Tralee also...

Anyway, fair play to the the teams that are left and best of luck in the semis!!

Mark_no9
30/03/2005, 4:23 PM
Most of the super Limerick teams as you so call them were playing in the later stages of the FAI..Concentrating on the big one rather than the Mun Junior I presume.Out of the 8 teams in the 1/4 final of the FAI, 3 were from the Limerick league. Not a bad return...... :p

Mark_no9
30/03/2005, 4:25 PM
Believe me Micheals will have it all to do in Tralee.

Would like to see Carrick win it again, all their players and management staff came up throught the Schoolboys ranks of the club. Each and every players is Carrick throught and throught.
None of the other semi finalists can claim that. Its a magnificant achievement, what other top junior club can claim that fact - none I would think. By all accounts Carrick were impressive in Newcasltewest last Sunday and were minus some key players.
Clonmel have also looked impressive resently
Carrick got their answer last year when hammered 3-0 in the final of the FAI...
All the Bulls**t about how good they were, wipe the boards this year , all local players , love the club ., grew up there ... yeah yeah :rolleyes:

kingpin
30/03/2005, 4:48 PM
you obviously dont know much about junior football if you dont think the munster junior cup isnt a big competition. its the second hardest junior compo to win after the f.a.i junior. If you were at last years final then you would of seen that fairview deserved to win but not by three goals,two of them were screamers from kellliher i think. Just because there's no limerick teams left in the munster junior, then it must be an inferior competition!! GET REAL, any of the last four in the munster junior would match any team in limerick with ease.

irisheagle
30/03/2005, 10:41 PM
Carrick got their answer last year when hammered 3-0 in the final of the FAI...
All the Bulls**t about how good they were, wipe the boards this year , all local players , love the club ., grew up there ... yeah yeah :rolleyes:

Ye and they don't pay anyone either, if you cannot chat on here without using foul verbs then shut you trap. Then again thats Limerick for you, nothing new there.

Mark_no9
31/03/2005, 8:06 AM
Ye and they don't pay anyone either, if you cannot chat on here without using foul verbs then shut you trap. Then again thats Limerick for you, nothing new there.
Touched a nerve their Irish , ;) Some people hate to be proven fools......What has me using as you call "foul verbs" got to do with Limerick, here is another one for you to winge about you girls blouse.. Assh*le. :D

Mark_no9
31/03/2005, 8:14 AM
you obviously dont know much about junior football if you dont think the munster junior cup isnt a big competition. its the second hardest junior compo to win after the f.a.i junior. If you were at last years final then you would of seen that fairview deserved to win but not by three goals,two of them were screamers from kellliher i think. Just because there's no limerick teams left in the munster junior, then it must be an inferior competition!! GET REAL, any of the last four in the munster junior would match any team in limerick with ease.
I didn't say the Mun Junior wa sn't a big competition if you read the post, I said they were concentrating on the big one (FAI).Was at the final last year and Fairview played Carrick off the park, Kelliher didn't even score, Barrett & Wall hit the 2 screamers and Harmon sickened Carrick and all the locals from Carrick with a third.
As for yor comment on the Last four , i couldn't even tell you who's left . Were looking at the big one again this year in Limerick..Carew to win the FAI and bring the biggest amature trophy in Europe home again to LIMERICK :p

The Gaffer
31/03/2005, 8:15 AM
Are Waterford Crystal still the only Junior Club the Munster Senior Cup?