PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v France September 2005 - Tickets wanted

Claire
28/02/2005, 7:31 AM
Hi All,

I am looking ofr 2 (or more) tickets for the match Ireland v France in September 2005.

If anyone is selling tickets, please send me a message (claire_wicker@yahoo.fr)!

Thank you,
Claire.

Peadar
28/02/2005, 7:35 AM
I am looking ofr 2 (or more) tickets for the match Ireland v France in September 2005.

They wont be available for a while Claire but you may have a better chance of getting them in France. They'll be like gold dust in Ireland.

eirebhoy
28/02/2005, 11:07 AM
Good luck. :) Biggest team to play a competitive in Dublin in years.

stojkovic
28/02/2005, 12:07 PM
Hi All,

If anyone is selling tickets, please send me a message (claire_wicker@yahoo.fr)!

Thank you,
Claire.I wish you all the best in your quest.

KR's Post
28/02/2005, 12:33 PM
Hi All,

Thank you,
Claire.
:D :D :D :D :D
Your having a laugh, aren't you...... I will applaud and praise you if you get a ticket..... In saying that, i've got mine!!!! Weh Hey......

Colbert Report
28/02/2005, 9:37 PM
i'm coming from boston to see the match, name your price for one or two tickets and i'll buy it

onenilgameover
28/02/2005, 10:00 PM
vega007 wrote...i'm coming from boston to see the match, name your price for one or two tickets and i'll buy it

This ain't a touts forum if you where to get a ticket on here it would be or face value or nothin. I haven't missed a miss a game in about 4 years and will prob miss this match cos of Event junkies and people like you who will drive tickets prices throught the roof. Been on the block booking waitin list for 2 years now..no chance of the French returning tickets although did get a couple of Brazil tickets last year for being on the list........

Colbert Report
01/03/2005, 2:39 AM
what do you mean "people like me"??

I grew up in Kildare watching every Ireland match of the late 80s and all of the 90s. I went to America, I want to watch my country play one of the best teams in the world in a world cup qualifier, how else am I going to get tickets? I agree that tickets are priced way too high, but don't blame people like me, blame the stupid FAI for not having a stadium that can accomodate the amount of people that want tickets to the matches. How big of a stadium could the FAI consistently sell out do you think?

Peadar
01/03/2005, 7:36 AM
what do you mean "people like me"??

I think he meant, people who pay big money to touts.

He was right about the tickets passed on this forum.
We have a policy of selling tickets at face value.
It has sometimes been a case where tickets were given without charge.
If someone can help you out, I'm sure they will.
The chances are slim though.
Don't let that stop you from making the trip home, there's always hope. ;)

onenilgameover
01/03/2005, 7:45 PM
I don't mean to insult and I'm certainly not questioning your desire to watch the game and the reasons for that. However I will be competing with you for a ticket on a monetary level only and thats really not a situation I want to be in. Its wrong for people to sell tickets over face value and to buy tickets over face value. Systems are set up however flawed there are so supporters get tickets and not touts. Your right about the stadium and size but at the same time the Fai would not sell out all matches at LR its not a sell out for most friendlies (47,000) apart from Portugal and Brazil and is barely sold out for the WCQ's against Cyprus and The Faroes which is my point about the situation of ''event junkies'' who will take over an event because they want to say there where there and not be of real support. Fans from all over but I'm talking about mostly here in Ireland suddenly come out of the woodwork and yet won't go to see Duffer score one of the best goals ever scored at Lansdowne against the likes of Canada.

Beavis
01/03/2005, 8:39 PM
I agree entirely,in perfect world all the most dedicated fans would have tickets and touts would not exist.Its not and if your standing outside the ground ten minutes before kick off without a ticket and you can only get one if you pay over the odds obviously you're going to do it. If you say you wouldn't, I would have to question your desire to be at the game.For me theres just no comparison watching it in the pub. I have to be at it. If that means paying up, I will reluctantly do so.

onenilgameover
02/03/2005, 12:20 AM
Paying touts is just creating a free market for these knackers to feed off of. These people are the scum of the earth and for some reason generally have half a leg missing. I'm not sure whether which would make me more sick missing the game or paying +500euro for a ticket.

Colbert Report
02/03/2005, 3:50 AM
If I lived in Ireland, I would definately have tickets for every match. It costs me more to go to my local pub in Boston and see the game than it would to buy tickets from the FAI.

eirebhoy
02/03/2005, 9:26 AM
If I lived in Ireland, I would definately have tickets for every match. It costs me more to go to my local pub in Boston and see the game than it would to buy tickets from the FAI.
There's a block booking scheme over here so you'd only be getting tickets for friendlies or the games against the likes of the Faroes.

Eire06
02/03/2005, 9:31 AM
Good luck to the lot of you cause you'll need it...

You should start makin connections through the EL clubs, go to match's ect and join supporters clubs and trusts...
But the France game is still really doubtfull
I finally got on the block bookin scheme last month :D

Colbert Report
02/03/2005, 1:28 PM
you're not including the "additional" costs

I don't drink alcohol so I'm not a regular anywhere, the only time I go to a pub is if I can't get a match on telly and they have it on a satellite. Usually only international matches, the league cup on Sunday was a rareity.

Ralph
03/03/2005, 12:25 PM
I've only been to two irish senior international's but I've still managed to get a couple of tickets for Ireland - France. Don't you just hate people like me, its absolutely ridiculous................but what can u do.

gspain
03/03/2005, 12:32 PM
I've only been to two irish senior international's but I've still managed to get a couple of tickets for Ireland - France. Don't you just hate people like me, its absolutely ridiculous................but what can u do.

Not particularly as they are fakes. Tickets haven't been printed yet. :D

Cowboy
03/03/2005, 1:21 PM
Don't you just hate people like me,

No its more like pity that this is what you have to do to get attention.

Green Tribe
03/03/2005, 1:44 PM
No its more like pity that this is what you have to do to get attention.

oooh! handbags!! :D :D :D

Ralph
03/03/2005, 2:57 PM
I don't need to see to believe, they will be in my pocket in September, and thats all that counts. I really think its wrong though.

What about this for an idea, every supporter who has interest in attending international matches, applies and is issued with a personal credit card type supporters card by the FAI, on purchasing tickets for every Eircom, international,etc... this card is swiped on ticket purchase and issued with a points credit, those with the most points built up over a recent period of time get first preference.

Futuristic stuff.........

Colbert Report
03/03/2005, 5:23 PM
that's a terrible idea. it should be the opposite, so everyone has the opportunity to attend, people like myself living overseas should have just as good a chance of getting tickets as you do. you're no better a supporter than I am just because you live closer to the stadium

Ralph
05/03/2005, 5:37 PM
that's a terrible idea. it should be the opposite, so everyone has the opportunity to attend, people like myself living overseas should have just as good a chance of getting tickets as you do. you're no better a supporter than I am just because you live closer to the stadium

so we'll have an empty stadium for all the lower profile games, then boom, when Ireland play France and the likes, invite all the overseas people back to fill thestadiums. Are there not supporters clubs you can apply to to get tickets?? The grass roots should be rewarded first, the people who turn up every week in tolka, turners cross, carlisle grounds, terryland, showgrounds, etc.etc and the people who put in the effort with juvenile and junior clubs up and down the country.

Colbert Report
06/03/2005, 4:34 AM
no, there are no supporters clubs where I live. Don't you want me to come home and blow my savings in Ireland rather than spend it in other countries? I could probably get tickets to the Faroes and Cyprus, but it's not worth flying around the world and spending a few thousand dollars for them. If I'm willing to pay for a ticket, I should be allowed to do so. I hate buying off scalpers, but I'd love to buy a ticket from a real fan.

onenilgameover
06/03/2005, 8:33 AM
no, there are no supporters clubs where I live. Don't you want me to come home and blow my savings in Ireland rather than spend it in other countries? I could probably get tickets to the Faroes and Cyprus, but it's not worth flying around the world and spending a few thousand dollars for them. If I'm willing to pay for a ticket, I should be allowed to do so. I hate buying off scalpers, but I'd love to buy a ticket from a real fan.

I can see your point there about buying from a real fan..good luck with that. If i come into a few extra tickets I'ill give you a shout but it will be for face value because thats what a ''real fan'' should sell em for...

Colbert Report
06/03/2005, 4:01 PM
thanks buddy