PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games

Pages : [1] 2 3

pineapple stu
18/08/2017, 7:40 PM
Sligo winning in Cork. Galway and Pats also winning. Harps dropping from 8th to 11th. If they can equalise, there'll be five teams on 28 points.

Worrying set of scores for everyone down the bottom. Even if you're winning, you're not really pulling away.

Nugget
18/08/2017, 8:24 PM
Roddan sent off for Sligo in the last minute. Terrible decision from the ref.

Philosophizer
18/08/2017, 8:25 PM
Watched tonight's match. Sligo look decent. McCabe and McDonagh look to have been fine acquisitions. Cork were very uninspiring.

outspoken
18/08/2017, 8:30 PM
Dreadful game

CuanaD
18/08/2017, 8:38 PM
Roddan sent off for Sligo in the last minute. Terrible decision from the ref.

Looked like the right decision to me, what did you think was wrong with it?

ger121
18/08/2017, 8:38 PM
Sligo winning in Cork. Galway and Pats also winning. Harps dropping from 8th to 11th. If they can equalise, there'll be five teams on 28 points.

Worrying set of scores for everyone down the bottom. Even if you're winning, you're not really pulling away.

The title of the thread 'Tonight's Games' Standards are slipping on here PS:p

pineapple stu
18/08/2017, 8:41 PM
Looking like it could be the last three promoted teams to go down; Drogheda, Harps and Limerick. Galway were the previous team before then and are well down there too. Shame, as I think Pats or Bohs going down could have been interesting.

Maguire looks like the best one-man team ever going on tonight's match and Cork's form since he left.

redarmyfaction
18/08/2017, 8:42 PM
It wasn't a foul, it was a tangling of legs.

pineapple stu
18/08/2017, 8:42 PM
The title of the thread 'Tonight's Games' Standards are slipping on here PS:p
Whu?

redarmyfaction
18/08/2017, 8:44 PM
More farce from officials, 8 minutes extra at played at Galway, was there a pitch invasion or something?

Paulgufc
18/08/2017, 9:22 PM
Marc ludden got pushed into the wall in injury time and had to be stetchered off. That added some time. A really nasty thing to do.

And ya, there were at least 2 pitch invasions and some impressive fireworks.

sullanefc
18/08/2017, 10:15 PM
And ya, there were at least 2 pitch invasions and some impressive fireworks.

They really are some shower.

wonder88
18/08/2017, 10:17 PM
Tonight was certainly Shamrocks cup final, with huge celebrations at the end between management, players and fans. The point dropped by Galway could prove crucial at season ends. Big boast for Sligo tonight, still strong chance of staying up. The Galway lads played well, it is just that the team/squad is weak in certain areas. Still hope I suppose, but so disappointed leaving Terryland.
Hope Ludden is not seriously injured, in what was such a nasty foul.

ToberonaTornado
18/08/2017, 10:20 PM

Nothing but a fully committed shoulder bump from both players there that ended up with both players in a hape on the deck and both getting unfairly yellow carded.That not part of the game?(shoulder)
Consequence is the influential Roddan will be suspended for upwards of 3 matches which is a blow for Sligo.

wonder88
18/08/2017, 10:38 PM
As was mentioned there was a lot of pitch invasions in Terryland tonight which the wall being so close to the pitch may contributed to the problem. Also in defense of Garry Shaw it is not the first time players have crashed into the same wall.

patrickccfc
18/08/2017, 11:02 PM
We were absolutely rubbish tonight. Poxy goal to concede, but we weren't up to much all night. Must've been a poor game to watch on the telly, ball was out of play most of the time. Seriously need to win Monday to stop this recent rot, with rovers and dundalk the next league games after that, it's important to get those few points closer. .

patrickccfc
18/08/2017, 11:05 PM
Maguire looks like the best one-man team ever going on tonight's match and Cork's form since he left.

Also really missing O'Connor and dunleavy. Three serious players to lose half way through the season.

Kingswood Rover
19/08/2017, 8:31 AM
2 away wins in the space of a few days absolutely brill from Bradly's men. i hope that Cameron King will be one of the 3/4 players we need to get in to really compete at the top of the table. looking forward to the nostalgia fest of shels away in the cup next Friday. i think we will bring a very big support given the way this team has endeared itself to the fans despite what on paper is a season not unlike the ones gone before it in terms of results, at least these guys give a fcuk, great away support last night

placid casual
19/08/2017, 9:09 AM
They really are some shower.
Rovers are a shower, and cork are a single drop. And that drop has left, to play for PNE.

oriel
19/08/2017, 10:01 AM
Cork were dreadful last night but I have to say Sligo worked their socks off particularly in MF, they deserved to win. No title for Cork now in August but they still only need 8 more points or 5 if we lose tomorrow.

The Cork v Dlk match scheduled for 15/09 will need to be re-arranged (EA Sports cup final)

AlanOB
19/08/2017, 10:05 AM
For those interested in tuning in to tonight's Limerick/Bohs clash, Noel O'Connor and I will offer uninterrupted live audio analysis of same at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

IsMiseSean
19/08/2017, 12:59 PM
Some real scumbags among the Shamrock support in EDP last night. In fairness the majority seem like decent folk.
If they plan on challenging Dundalk & Cork they need to get a proper manager in. Bradley is a chancer & an ignorant p***k. I really hope they miss out on Europe.

As for Galway, I didn't expect to get anything out of the game given our record against them. The Sligo result is a kick in the teeth. Pat's will be sound.
It's looking like 2 from Galway, Harps & Sligo. If Limerick lose tonight they'll be right in the mix too.

sbgawa
19/08/2017, 1:24 PM
Some real scumbags among the Shamrock support in EDP last night. In fairness the majority seem like decent folk.
If they plan on challenging Dundalk & Cork they need to get a proper manager in. Bradley is a chancer & an ignorant p***k. I really hope they miss out on Europe.

As for Galway, I didn't expect to get anything out of the game given our record against them. The Sligo result is a kick in the teeth. Pat's will be sound.
It's looking like 2 from Galway, Harps & Sligo. If Limerick lose tonight they'll be right in the mix too.

That's a bit harsh on every count.. pitch invasions ...2 or 3 lads hugging the stewards who were actually good Craic and not bothered. Bradley has integrated an entire new team together this season ...

blueblood
19/08/2017, 1:25 PM
I believe the captain is dropped for tonight, what next...

IsMiseSean
19/08/2017, 1:34 PM
That's a bit harsh on every count.. pitch invasions ...2 or 3 lads hugging the stewards who were actually good Craic and not bothered. Bradley has integrated an entire new team together this season ...

Bradley should have been sent to the stands in the second half. I've seen Ollie Horgan sent off earlier in the year for far less.
The abuse Bradley was giving the fourth official and the linesmen was disgraceful. At one stage he had to be restrained by his own staff for grabbing the linesman.

The pitch invasion lasted well over a minute and there was a lot more than '2 or 3' on the pitch. Like I said the majority of the fans were sound, just 15/20 acting like scumbags.

sbgawa
19/08/2017, 1:48 PM
Bradley should have been sent to the stands in the second half. I've seen Ollie Horgan sent off earlier in the year for far less.
The abuse Bradley was giving the fourth official and the linesmen was disgraceful. At one stage he had to be restrained by his own staff for grabbing the linesman.

The pitch invasion lasted well over a minute and there was a lot more than '2 or 3' on the pitch. Like I said the majority of the fans were sound, just 15/20 acting like scumbags.

Well from our side of the stadium we couldn't hear any of that about Bradley and I didn't see it either so I can appreciate your point of view.
Equally from our side the pitch invasion didn't delay the match and was good humoured. Credit to the stewards who were excelent at keeping it all under control.

placid casual
19/08/2017, 4:03 PM
in regard to the horror at the pitch invasion,

We were 1 nil down with 10 mins to go and went 2 :1 up in the last minute, in a game we had to win to stand any chnce of catching derry for a place in Europe
Get a grip will ye !

pineapple stu
19/08/2017, 4:23 PM
Fair point. A result that dramatic has rarely, if ever, happened in the game of football. Who wouldn't want to celebrate it by hopping a wall and holding the game up?

(Seriously; that's a ****ing stupid excuse)

Kingswood Rover
19/08/2017, 4:59 PM
Not PC i know jumping a 3 foot wall but Pitch invasion ....really that's fake news as Dumbo acrosssthe pond would say. On people abusing officals whoever they are whats the point, are going to come over to you and say "oh sorry sir yes you are absolutely right it was offside i will disallow that goal now" There are lads that stand beside me in the east stand every week and they spend the whole game questioning the various officials eyesight, the authenticity of their hair, the lack of it sometimes, their parentage and their IQ. Have the aforementioned officials ever changed their mind due to these utterances, never.

sbgawa
19/08/2017, 5:42 PM
Fair point. A result that dramatic has rarely, if ever, happened in the game of football. Who wouldn't want to celebrate it by hopping a wall and holding the game up?

(Seriously; that's a ****ing stupid excuse)

They shouldn't have jumped the wall but it was good rumoured stuff and DIDN'T hold the game up.

Even some of the Galway supporters were saying atmos was great..

jinxy lilywhite
19/08/2017, 6:23 PM
In fairness I can understand why. That result more or less confirmed rover's pd status

NeverFeltBetter
19/08/2017, 6:25 PM
Limerick one up at half time, Clarke saved a penalty. Huge result if it stays this way.

Longfordian
19/08/2017, 6:43 PM
LTFC 3-0 up within 15 minutes in El Classico. Athlone have only 13 players tonight.

Another hat trick for Davy O'Sullivan, I think that's his third hat trick against Athlone this season.

NeverFeltBetter
19/08/2017, 7:10 PM
Limerick must have had ten chances to double their lead in the second and missed them all. This is torture to listen to.

Longfordian
19/08/2017, 7:44 PM
4-1 in Longford now, an hour gone.

osarusan
19/08/2017, 8:02 PM
Limerick could have had 6 or 7 against Bohs tonight. Ogbene alone missed about 4 one-on-ones. And they nearly did nick an equaliser late on when Akinade got in behind the defence and cut it back, but it was blazed over. Delighted with the performance and a very valuable 3 points.

Bohs were muck though, not sure of it was an off night, but they weren't up to the speed of the game at all. Decent support for them too, didn't have much to be positive about though.

da bishop
19/08/2017, 8:03 PM
I believe the captain is dropped for tonight, what next...

......LIMERICK 1 BOHS 0...thats whats next,amazing you seemed to know the team that early in the day.

blueblood
19/08/2017, 8:09 PM
......LIMERICK 1 BOHS 0...thats whats next,amazing you seemed to know the team that early in the day.
?????

Longfordian
19/08/2017, 8:10 PM
Longford 7 Athlone 1 about 5 minutes left plus injury time

pineapple stu
19/08/2017, 8:11 PM
Truly Neale Fenn is the reincarnation of Bill Shankly.

Or Athlone aren't very good. One or the other.

Longfordian
19/08/2017, 8:40 PM
Both, stu, both.

AlanOB
19/08/2017, 10:57 PM
Written analysis of Limerick/Bohs contained within: http://bit.ly/2wkcmM3

JC_GUFC
20/08/2017, 7:15 AM

That's way OTT to be fair. Most were well ****ed. It's not as if they ran over to our section taunting us.
Bradley is a joke but maybe learning, it was the first time I've ever seen him make a tactical change to positively change things for Rovers.

We played v well in first half and deserved a point but Sligo and Limerick's wins makes things look very dodgy again.
Probably 2 from Galway, Sligo and Harps to join Drogs but we play at Bohs next, if we were to win up there again they'd be starting to look over their shoulders.

brendy_éire
20/08/2017, 4:01 PM
Well, that was brutal. Again, our dreadful defending leads to a hammering against Dundalk. Granted, we've got four points off Dundalk this year, better than expected. Though that's eight goals conceded in the last two games.
Dundalk were good, playing like they really should be. They've such great quality.

Ah well, we've three weeks off now to regroup. Need to work hard to secure third place, it's all very tight.

patrickccfc
20/08/2017, 4:03 PM
Derry 0-4 Dundalk. 14 points the gap now, although we've a game in hand. We haven't been great since the two lads left, but still should have enough to get over the line. 3 points tomorrow is crucial really

brendy_éire
20/08/2017, 4:29 PM
3 points tomorrow is crucial really

I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. Dundalk seem to be coming good, but no chance Cork will be caught. Ye's can easily afford to draw, or even lose, a few games between now and the end of the season.

patrickccfc
20/08/2017, 4:39 PM
I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. Dundalk seem to be coming good, but no chance Cork will be caught. Ye's can easily afford to draw, or even lose, a few games between now and the end of the season.

Probably am being dramatic, but if we lost tomorrow, our next two league games are away to rovers and home to dundalk, very tough games. I'm just eager to get it done with, league titles don't come around too often for us.

Yossarian
20/08/2017, 4:45 PM
Probably am being dramatic, but if we lost tomorrow, our next two league games are away to rovers and home to dundalk, very tough games. I'm just eager to get it done with, league titles don't come around too often for us.

Dundalk are in the league cup final the weekend of the Cork game so that will be moved to midweek somewhere down the line.
Cork have the league won and a couple of defeats isn't going to change that. If it was only 7 or 8 points I'd be confident of pushing them close but 14 points with a game in hand and only 8 games left for Cork and 7 for us is too much. It would take a collapse that has never been seen before for Cork to lose the league.

patrickccfc
20/08/2017, 5:27 PM
Dundalk are in the league cup final the weekend of the Cork game so that will be moved to midweek somewhere down the line.
Cork have the league won and a couple of defeats isn't going to change that. If it was only 7 or 8 points I'd be confident of pushing them close but 14 points with a game in hand and only 8 games left for Cork and 7 for us is too much. It would take a collapse that has never been seen before for Cork to lose the league.

Hopefully that game against yourselves is not arranged for the midweek after that cup final, as I'll be in Krakow. It would take a massive collapse but I just want points on board sooner rather than later to get it sealed.

redarmyfaction
20/08/2017, 6:45 PM
in regard to the horror at the pitch invasion,

We were 1 nil down with 10 mins to go and went 2 :1 up in the last minute, in a game we had to win to stand any chnce of catching derry for a place in Europe
Get a grip will ye !

Ya, what is wrong with these people whats a wee pitch invasion among friends, just a little bit of harmless exuberance for lovable rogues, but hey, if they complain too much, it will be a bottle throwing session against childer the next time and rightly so.