PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Supporters Q & A. Answer or Speculate wildly.

Pages : [1] 2

Lim till i die
16/08/2017, 2:36 PM
Far too often our anger and confusion gets lost in match threads and the like.

So for future here's our one stop shop for whinging and questions.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Do we have any money?

Have we broken Shane Duggan beyond repair?

Who is the chairman?

What does Willie Boland do?

Is McDonald chancing his arm?

Players. Any sign of them anywhere?

Who will win the battle for hearts and minds? Mike Aherne or Alan O'Brien?

Why is the clubs media officer still employed?

Discuss.

osarusan
16/08/2017, 2:49 PM
Where is Freddy Hall?

bluewhitearmy
16/08/2017, 3:00 PM
Where is Freddy Hall?

Missus is having a baby gone to be with her.

LK37oldskool
16/08/2017, 6:53 PM
One question answered only 999 to go. This thread could turn out to be the never ending story.

Castlepook
16/08/2017, 7:09 PM
One question answered only 999 to go. This thread could turn out to be the never ending story.
Why is the clubs media officer still employed?

Do we still have one ?

LK37oldskool
16/08/2017, 7:51 PM
No idea, there's a name but no idea what he does.

NeverFeltBetter
16/08/2017, 9:28 PM
Never had an issue with how the club uses social media myself. Far better presence than many clubs.

My question would be: From start to finish, who is involved in the signing of players, and where are most of the problems occurring there?

gael353
16/08/2017, 9:34 PM
Any chance the supporters clubs could get another Q & A with neil like when he first arrived?

Treaty Gooner
16/08/2017, 10:08 PM
For what? Transfer window is closed, the squad is now pretty much the squad. We've all just got to ride this pony bareback until November, shut our eyes and hope everything works out. And Mick Aherne's bleeding heart isn't going to fix anything.

CraftyToePoke
16/08/2017, 10:15 PM
For what? Transfer window is closed, the squad is now pretty much the squad.

The UK market for out of contract players remains open till the end of August. And we signed a guy from Hungary a few days ago.

da bishop
16/08/2017, 10:39 PM
For what? Transfer window is closed, the squad is now pretty much the squad. We've all just got to ride this pony bareback until November, shut our eyes and hope everything works out. And Mick Aherne's bleeding heart isn't going to fix anything.

Too bloody right,time for everybody to knuckle down and get on with it.And since you brought up one of my favourite subjects 95fms SSC and radio,s most unprofessional waffler it must be said that heart rendering self indulgent incoherent tale of woe smacks of some desperate attempt to appease the wailing masses who actually indulge him.

Centenary
16/08/2017, 10:51 PM
My tuppence worth:
1. Duggie needs a break. He's supposed to be captain but he's miles off the pace. Gave away some ridiculously needless fouls last night.
2. The thing I find baffling about the manager is that for somebody so experienced he's taking forever to settle on a formation. It's what one would expect of a newbie manager. He was good and vocal last night and you could see the players were responding to him but heads just completely dropped after we conceded.
3. Agree re. knuckling down, we'remore than good enough to stay up. Personally I don't think we'll be relegated, Drogs are gone, Sligo probably too. 2 more wins and we should be ok.
4. Alan's commentary all the way. Some of the 95fm stuff is cringeworthy.

Treaty Gooner
16/08/2017, 11:13 PM
Let's not go nuts here. Give me Aherne and O'Donnell's light hearted approach over the other two fools inventing rhyme and reason where there is none any day. For what it's worth, Aherne lashes the club as much as anyone and praises when it's due. Did I miss the press release about NO'C being the second coming? Surely if he was any good he'd still be a manager...

Lim till i die
17/08/2017, 12:39 AM
Running less than 12 hours and at least two questions asked and answered.

If only the team could get results like this :good:

NeverFeltBetter
17/08/2017, 8:05 AM
Let's not go nuts here. Give me Aherne and O'Donnell's light hearted approach over the other two fools inventing rhyme and reason where there is none any day. For what it's worth, Aherne lashes the club as much as anyone and praises when it's due. Did I miss the press release about NO'C being the second coming? Surely if he was any good he'd still be a manager...

Leaving aside any issues I have with Aherne's attitude towards management and how that comes out in his commentary, I just generally find the 95FM lads rather bad commentators. The best way I can put it is that they commentate like they're on TV and everyone can see what's going on, as opposed to their actual format, which requires a bit more, well, commentary. In the last Pat's game he and the other guy were just talking about McDonald and tactics and suddenly Aherne just went "Oh, and Pats have scored" like they hadn't been paying attention at all.

NeverFeltBetter
17/08/2017, 8:06 AM
Isn't Willie Boland running the Academy? Did that change? He should be getting the coaching badges too.

Treaty Gooner
17/08/2017, 9:26 AM
I think that's why Aherne and O'Donnell work well, it's like going to the game with your mates, not with the bloody taxman.

Mastershake87
17/08/2017, 9:40 AM
Question: Why is the Limerick FC training ground and club offices in Bruff and how much is this venture costing the club? I realise Pat O'Sullivan is from south Limerick but in my opinion the club should be based and trained in Limerick City. The club should be for the wider region which includes Clare and Tipperary and this obsession with marketing us a a Limerick county club should be got rid of starting with the location of the club offices. Rant over.

bluewhitearmy
17/08/2017, 9:54 AM
Question: Why is the Limerick FC training ground and club offices in Bruff and how much is this venture costing the club? I realise Pat O'Sullivan is from south Limerick but in my opinion the club should be based and trained in Limerick City. The club should be for the wider region which includes Clare and Tipperary and this obsession with marketing us a a Limerick county club should be got rid of starting with the location of the club offices. Rant over.

They train in UL.

Jofspring
17/08/2017, 11:28 AM
Ya they train in UL and uses offices there for most their work as far as I know.

Castlepook
17/08/2017, 11:38 AM

I pass it each day, seems to be very little going on in it. Actually looks a bit like Amityville ...

LK37oldskool
17/08/2017, 11:52 AM
Ask the young footballer from Scotland about the ghost nun scaring the bejsyus out of him when he stayed there.

Lim till i die
17/08/2017, 12:38 PM
Id say twas more the Blue Nun got to young Jordan.

Having said that dunno if I'd fancy living there if I was a youngfella!

There are plans about plans for training facilities in Bruff. Personally I think it's grand location wise, it's only fifteen minutes out the road.

LK37oldskool
17/08/2017, 1:51 PM
Be a great place if it was completed as to original plans.

NeverFeltBetter
17/08/2017, 2:05 PM
Yeah, there was a big song and dance about the place for a while, then it was tumbleweeds. Probably ties back into the money question.

LFC Blue
17/08/2017, 9:30 PM
Had a dream last night that Willie John was actually kept on til the end of the season and we limped to a 5th place finish with everyone complaining that we missed a glorious chance of Europe by not bringing in a big name like Neil MCDonald! Harry Kenny was then appointed as Willie John went back to the academy.....,

fieldofmarkets
18/08/2017, 8:07 AM
At least you didn't have the nightmare where MR never left, we finished 6th and there was consternation because we did not meet targets or our 4th biggest budget in the league.

bluewhitearmy
18/08/2017, 10:30 AM
We are further from the drop now then when Russell left.

Lim till i die
18/08/2017, 11:33 AM
Steady Willie was steadily steadying us which would have led to much needed steadiness.

Now granted his last game in charge was one of the worst Limerick performances I have ever seen and easily the worst performance of this terrible season.

But steady.

Steady like a good marraige. Steady like our steady drop towards relegation.

Steady.

Lim till i die
18/08/2017, 11:35 AM
And that's not even a cut off Willie I know nothing much about the man. (Hence what does Willie Boland do?)

But the revisionism on here.

Russell had a future.

Willie was doing grand.

Ian Turner will do a job for us.

Nonsense.

NeverFeltBetter
18/08/2017, 12:29 PM
And the What if-ery about Boland is especially pointless, considering he doesn't have the badges, right? People just seem to think that doesn't matter at all.

fieldofmarkets
18/08/2017, 1:28 PM
No one saying Russell had a star studded European future. But it is not revisionist to say we would not have been relegated. The board, hangers on and MacDonald have turned us into a serious relegation candidate. No one cares about a future now, just the next few games and surviving.

With the bad decisions made all year (including keeping MR if they didn't like him), does anyone trust the current regime to move us to the next level even if we stay up?

Lim till i die
18/08/2017, 1:52 PM
Martin Russell would have been perfectly capable of getting us into this situation.

He should have been sacked in January when it became apparent he was unable to sign any ****in players.

I'm tired of people everywhere referring to "the board" and "the regime" as well like they are some kind of abstract, unknowable entity in a castle somewhere plotting our doom.

I know of three members of the board. Only one of whom puts in a shilling as far as I'm aware. And unfortunately for the multitudes who would que at the gate.of the Markets Field to lick his arse the buck literally stops with him.

I read a good piece by Mike Aherne on Facebook but at one stage he was bemoaning the fact that the current "board" is squandering all the money Pat O'Sullivan put in and the progress he made!!

I mean come off it. A Jesuit would be proud of that kind of cognitive dissonance.

fieldofmarkets
18/08/2017, 2:07 PM
Not familiar with Ahearne's piece.....but I assume you are not suggesting anyone on here does not know that the board and regime is a one man show so far?
Anyone has the ability to get us into a situation... But you can't be serious when you say MRs team would have been this bad.

bluewhitearmy
18/08/2017, 2:10 PM
No one saying Russell had a star studded European future. But it is not revisionist to say we would not have been relegated. The board, hangers on and MacDonald have turned us into a serious relegation candidate. No one cares about a future now, just the next few games and surviving.

With the bad decisions made all year (including keeping MR if they didn't like him), does anyone trust the current regime to move us to the next level even if we stay up?

I'll say it again. We are more points off the relegation zone now then when Russell left.

bluewhitearmy
18/08/2017, 2:13 PM
Not familiar with Ahearne's piece.....but I assume you are not suggesting anyone on here does not know that the board and regime is a one man show so far?
Anyone has the ability to get us into a situation... But you can't be serious when you say MRs team would have been this bad.

Ya I could never see Russell get us relegated.

fieldofmarkets
18/08/2017, 2:59 PM
We have now played 25 games. If you are comparing the 3 points we now sit above relegation to the 1 point or so after 7 games, that isn't a great indicator.

NeverFeltBetter
18/08/2017, 3:22 PM
There's no way to know. The brief upturn in performance quality under Boland might not have happened with Russell still in charge, and if he had the same transfer problems during the summer as McDonald has had, we'd be in a similar situation. Russell was no great manager, and it's far too easy to start claiming he was anything but with the club in the position it is now. Taylor would probably have us 7th, and Scully and whoever else. They aren't in charge anymore.

The maddening What if-ery I focus on is that we could turn around and get 5-6 points off our next few games - which no matter what the doomsayers say, is achievable with the squad and the manager we have, if they get it together - and this will all be academic. It'll just be another forgettable, mostly underwhelming lower mid-table season, maybe with a half-decent cup run if they get past Harps.

fieldofmarkets
18/08/2017, 3:34 PM
Yeah, its achievable. I hope we do it. Then I hope the clear-out goes to the top.

Market's Field
18/08/2017, 3:48 PM
Maybe we'll ask Joe Young or Danny Drew or Jack McCarthy to come back in and take over

Lim till i die
18/08/2017, 3:55 PM
Maybe we'll ask Joe Young or Danny Drew or Jack McCarthy to come back in and take over

Have you some kind of problem with Ger Finnan?!

Market's Field
18/08/2017, 4:24 PM
How could I have forgotten Soccer Limerick!

Ballistinianlad
18/08/2017, 8:29 PM
I'd love for the fella who said a few weeks ago there's no way we will be relegated ffs to come back on and see has he changed his mind.

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2017, 2:38 PM
Any word on if there was a blue army boycott at the bohs match?

Jofspring
20/08/2017, 2:53 PM
Any word on if there was a blue army boycott at the bohs match?

I can't see that there was. The majority were there and the ones that weren't were involved in junior soccer matches last night.

bluewhitearmy
20/08/2017, 3:23 PM
There was no boycott or ban or anything like that.

Ballistinianlad
20/08/2017, 3:53 PM
Happy to hear that. Just people speculating wildly it seems 👍🏻

NeverFeltBetter
20/08/2017, 9:52 PM
Yeah, think it started on club FB comments.

EL_Limerick
21/08/2017, 10:18 AM
Out of curiosity, why don't we ever play at home on Friday nights? Is it the whole 'family club' image they are desperate to create?

Jofspring
21/08/2017, 4:12 PM
Out of curiosity, why don't we ever play at home on Friday nights? Is it the whole 'family club' image they are desperate to create?

We used to always play at home on Friday nights at 7:45pm. It was moved to Saturday nights at 6:30 to accommodate more travelling support and families. Personally I think it has worked.