PDA

View Full Version : Dolan's position

Éanna
26/02/2005, 6:00 PM
Following events in the media over the last few days, and in light of the interviews on today's Big Red Bench do people think Dolan can continue as City manager.

patsh
26/02/2005, 6:11 PM
Not unless he promises to work within the club and keep his gob shut about everything Cork City except his team and tactics.

pete
26/02/2005, 6:15 PM
Only plus point of whole sorry saga is that this has happened 3 weeks before start of season, not 3 weeks into the season.

:ball: s

Troy.McClure
26/02/2005, 6:34 PM
in light of the interviews on today's Big Red Bench do people think Dolan can continue as City manager.

What was said please?

Éanna
26/02/2005, 6:38 PM
Among what was said:
Dan Murray was asked if anyone else was involved in the decision to go to the papers, beside the players, and he refused to answer it. Lennox said no comment in answer to the same question. Also, Lennox said he and dolan were supposed to meet on thurs night- Dolan didn't turn up, never called to say he wouldn't be there and hasn't been heard from since.

Buile Shuibhne
26/02/2005, 6:57 PM
News from the capital is that Dolan has been sacked / relieved of his duties, as Cork City manager

Éanna
26/02/2005, 7:03 PM
News from the capital is that Dolan has been sacked / relieved of his duties, as Cork City manager
I take it you mean the "capital" not the Real Capital, Fintan ;)

Buile Shuibhne
26/02/2005, 7:09 PM
There's only one capital in Ireland :D

I always enjoyed trips to Cork pre-Dolan - looking forward to trips post-Dolan

colblimp
27/02/2005, 9:40 AM

Does that mean I can send my CV in? I'm doing OK on LMA Manager 2005 at the moment....

thecorner
27/02/2005, 2:34 PM
if dolan goes, then the board should reconsider their positon.

he doesnt need to apologise for anything

Éanna
27/02/2005, 2:56 PM
if dolan goes, then the board should reconsider their positon.

he doesnt need to apologise for anything
If Dolan goes it will be down to his own stupidity. the board have nothing to apologise for. Dolan went behind people's backs and tried to undermine his boss- thats a sackable offence in any job.

thecorner
27/02/2005, 3:01 PM
Dolan went behind people's backs and tried to undermine his boss- thats a sackable offence in any job.so its a sackable offence to try and get better working facilities

fair play eanna :rolleyes:

Éanna
27/02/2005, 3:03 PM
so its a sackable offence to try and get better working facilities

fair play eanna :rolleyes:
No- did you actually read what I said. I said its a sackable offence to undermine your boss and go behind his back.

thecorner
27/02/2005, 3:05 PM
no....he tried to get better trainig faclities....

as you know within work...even bosses are always looking for better way to do things.

he merely excercised this right

Éanna
27/02/2005, 3:10 PM
Brian wants to do that too. There's nobody at City who doesn't want an improvement. But it was the way he went about it is the problem

thecorner
27/02/2005, 3:12 PM
Brian wants to do that too. There's nobody at City who doesn't want an improvement. But it was the way he went about it is the problem

they had no other choice. it has gone on long enough and needed something drastic..

i cans ee you lot shortly thanking the players for the speed up in events regarding training facilites

patsh
27/02/2005, 4:06 PM

as you know within work...even bosses are always looking for better way to do things.

he merely excercised this right
How do you know he went looking for better facilities?
You posted not so long ago about great facilities that some local club have. Did Dolan go there and see if they would suit, and see if they can be rented and made a base for City?
Outside of endless whinging in the press, how do any of us know what Dolan has actually done to improve the situation?

thecorner
27/02/2005, 4:11 PM
How do you know he went looking for better facilities?
You posted not so long ago about great facilities that some local club have. Did Dolan go there and see if they would suit, and see if they can be rented and made a base for City?

yes i did...leeside in little island

but why should we have to go rent off of an a.u.l. club. we should have our own

ALSO GREAT HOT SHOWERS DOWN THERE :D

thecorner
27/02/2005, 4:55 PM
def think dolan is going either by choice or pushed.

which would turn out to be a very bad move for CCFC

patsh
27/02/2005, 6:12 PM
yes i did...leeside in little island

but why should we have to go rent off of an a.u.l. club. we should have our own

ALSO GREAT HOT SHOWERS DOWN THERE :D
"We should have our own". That about sums up a lot of peoples argument. When you ask them how we actually get them, all I hear is silence.

You still didn't address the question about Dolan and whether he has done anything about it rather than moaning....

Éanna
27/02/2005, 10:30 PM
"We should have our own". That about sums up a lot of peoples argument. When you ask them how we actually get them, all I hear is silence.
Exactly. the same silence we hear when people are asked who would take over the club if Lennox went.

Fair_play_boy
27/02/2005, 11:03 PM
With respect for all who have posted in this thread, this matter could get us hot under the collar for no reason at all. What do we really know about it? Only what is reported in the media. How can we trust the reports, when we know that the news and even interviews can be edited to make them sound more sensational.
This blow up (even if it is a small affair, as I suspect) is better coming now, rather when the season is already underway, so that the professionals in CCFC can get down to the job of competing for trophies. Remember the shemozzle last August? The club changed into a higher gear after that, and came close to lifting the league title.
Now for my two bobs worth. How many clubs in Europe have to fork out to develop their own state-of-the-art training facilities and stadiums? AFAIK many of the top clubs rent their facilities from municipal authorities. Someone posted in another thread that CCFC would have a hard job convincing pro players to come to our club, once they had seen the standard of our training facilities. Fair point. Now here is a question. European competition law stipulates that no enterprise in one member state may receive state assistance for their work unless their business competitors in other EU states receive the same assistance. How about Cork City Council levelling the playing pitch a bit, by accessing the necessary capital to provide City with the necessary facilities to run a decent business.

A face
27/02/2005, 11:20 PM
How about Cork City Council levelling the playing pitch a bit, by accessing the necessary capital to provide City with the necessary facilities to run a decent business.

Now you are talking !!
To be fair that is how alot of countries manage.

pete
28/02/2005, 10:30 AM
I think City are unfortunate about training facilities. Wasn't there supposed to be an FAI Regional Training Centre for Cork? If city had gone off & built their own facility would have looked stupid if FAI had got their act together...

Does anyone actually know what happened with St Marys during the Leicester "link"? Did City ever use their training facilities?

:confused:

Éanna
28/02/2005, 10:41 AM
Does anyone actually know what happened with St Marys during the Leicester "link"? Did City ever use their training facilities?

It was mayfield pete. And AFAIK, City were meant to have use of the facilities when theywere finished, but I don't know if it ever happened at all

pete
28/02/2005, 10:43 AM
It was mayfield pete

Thats what I meant. So did they build new facilities with Leicester cash? What did city do with Leicester cash if they ever got any?

Éanna
28/02/2005, 10:45 AM
Thats what I meant. So did they build new facilities with Leicester cash? What did city do with Leicester cash if they ever got any?
**** only knows. under the previous board nothing much seemed to happen at all really.

padjoe
28/02/2005, 12:57 PM
apparently in the sun today there is an article which says that dolan has walked or is about to walk and richardson is taken over

Éanna
28/02/2005, 1:16 PM
yeah there is, but Rico himself said on REDFM yesterday that he knew nothing about it.

jimhacker
28/02/2005, 2:13 PM
It was mayfield pete. And AFAIK, City were meant to have use of the facilities when theywere finished, but I don't know if it ever happened at all

Similar facilities have been "announced" many times for Mayfield, Ballincollig, and Carrigaline (although this latter one turned out to be a Spillage spoof).

As there is neither a local or general election in the offing there will be little further news of these developments for the time being.

Peadar
28/02/2005, 2:23 PM
dolan has walked or is about to walk and richardson is taken over

If he's going, 'tis better he goes now rather than mid-season.

kingcolers
28/02/2005, 2:38 PM
as a long lost exile i'm not fully aware of what happened when dolan left st pats. was there a similar kerfuffle like this?

wws
28/02/2005, 2:54 PM
.....to put it mildly...... YES! :D

Macy
28/02/2005, 3:00 PM
.....to put it mildly...... YES! :D
I presume you're putting the "Told you so" on ice until it's officially confirmed? :D

wws
28/02/2005, 3:18 PM
Macy I never told cork fans anything about dolan that wasnt well known for anyone that wanted to know!
.....that and it could be one of his trademark "everyones against us" tactics to rouse the troops......only this time with the bizzare twist - "everyones against us - including ourselves" !!

thecorner
28/02/2005, 5:33 PM
yeah there is, but Rico himself said on REDFM yesterday that he knew nothing about it.

well if its true hes hardly gonna say it on air while the job is still not vacated :rolleyes:

Éanna
28/02/2005, 7:46 PM
I presume you're putting the "Told you so" on ice until it's officially confirmed? :D
I was waiting for that. As I said from the start, we have a Chairman who is capable of controlling our club properly and won't take crap from anyone. Thats the key difference between us and Pats. So the "told you so" is unfounded :p

thecorner
28/02/2005, 9:25 PM
we have a Chairman who is capable of controlling our club properly and won't take crap from anyone.

and from what i gather lately.... wont look at anybody elses comments or ideas

its one thing knowing ur the boss,but its another thing not recognising people aroung you

Éanna
01/03/2005, 1:09 PM
and from what i gather lately.... wont look at anybody elses comments or ideas

its one thing knowing ur the boss,but its another thing not recognising people aroung you
"my door is always open." Direct quote from Brian Lennox himself. What more do people want him to say?

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 1:53 PM
"my door is always open." Direct quote from Brian Lennox himself. What more do people want him to say?

who cares what he says, its what he does.

Pablo
01/03/2005, 2:09 PM
who cares what he says, its what he does.

you mean like saving the club from bankruptcy and making sure it doesnt happen again?Job well done i'd say

Dricky
01/03/2005, 3:00 PM
It is like bring up a child, do you give them everything they want or just give them what they actually need.
A good family and home..... nothing wrong with that attitude.

GavinZac
01/03/2005, 3:53 PM
you mean like saving the club from bankruptcy and making sure it doesnt happen again?Job well done i'd say

when exactly were the club near bankruptcy under terry dunne?

thecorner
01/03/2005, 5:38 PM

meaning it ;)

sullanefc
02/03/2005, 8:42 AM
when exactly were the club near bankruptcy under terry dunne?

Terry Dunne didn't have a manager who thought he was in the Premiership with money to burn.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 9:14 AM
Terry Dunne didn't have a manager who thought he was in the Premiership with money to burn.

no, he had a manager who brought us a whole season of away losses followed by a whole season of home losses.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 9:17 AM

It's a revolving door? :D

dahamsta
02/03/2005, 9:58 AM
Poll and thread closed.