PDA

View Full Version : Strike partner for Robbie ? Problem solved.

BobbySands
26/02/2005, 2:11 PM
Gary Breen. Two goals in a week.

brine3
26/02/2005, 2:24 PM
We have Clinton M. We don't have a problem!

Éanna
26/02/2005, 2:29 PM
We have Clinton M. We don't have a problem!
:D :D :D You're joking right?

Éanna
26/02/2005, 3:50 PM
Come lads, lay off CM. He's a great asset to the squad and he is better than anyone else we have at this time.
he's useless. always has been, always will be.

brine3
26/02/2005, 3:55 PM
I thought he was great in Paris (before the injury) and Basel. He certainly performed better than Robbie Invisible anyway.

Green Tribe
26/02/2005, 5:35 PM
I thought he was great in Paris (before the injury) and Basel. He certainly performed better than Robbie Invisible anyway.

poor clinton, i think he will prove the doubters wrong, i think he will show that in the israel game, and em.. he is easy on the eye too....... :D ;)

Donal81
26/02/2005, 6:11 PM

That's just not true, he's not the best but he's performed well, better than any alternative.

thejollyrodger
26/02/2005, 6:56 PM
SHOCK HORROR - I seen Robbie keane actually go around a keeper for the first time !! THis should be a new thread.

I'd have Clinton playing over any of the alternatives.

De Town
26/02/2005, 7:15 PM
Totally agree with ya Éanna. Robbie isnt much better.

eirebhoy
26/02/2005, 8:48 PM
Totally agree with ya Éanna. Robbie isnt much better.
If Keane isn't much better than useless but can still score 17 goals and set up another 6 before March playing out of position a lot and injured for a month early on (he didn't start in 9 of Spurs' league matces), I'd love to see what you class as a mediocre player. :eek:

A few more stats from Opta that will suprise people.
He has a 42% goals per shots rate.
He is the 5th highest passer of the ball at the club with 614 and a 76% pass success rate (remember he didn't start a lot of matches).
He is the 4th highest crosser of the ball at Spurs with 53.

onenilgameover
26/02/2005, 8:55 PM
Robbie's been playin very well recently and the stick he got on here after the faroes game when he scored twice and broke the record was simply not on. Clinton however is muck! Bring in Breen.... great idea!

thejollyrodger
26/02/2005, 10:17 PM
Clinton is muck ?? Are you watching the same Ireland as I am ??

how many goals has he scored in the WCQ's ??

Take a reality check FFS :rolleyes:

onenilgameover
26/02/2005, 11:39 PM
Been at every one....I'm takin the **** there fella...Clinton has been doin quite well for ireland and just ok for Birmingham but having said that the way he plays is not convicing. Steve Bruce is of the same opinion it seems. He is a huge confidence player which means his game is far too dictated by insecurity. I'd rather we had a better choice than Morrisson but unfortunately we haven't...i don't think he is international standard and he is lucky to be playing with the players he is playing with for ireland. It took him far too long to decide to play for ireland and where not that privileged to have him. However no he is obviously not muck...

hudhastings
02/03/2005, 11:58 PM
r.keane scored a goal against nots forest to bring spurs in to the 1/4 final nd played well apparently. morrison played crap the other day but he was sick. bring on breen?

Hibs4Ever
03/03/2005, 7:23 AM

I think the opinion of someone who admits to supporting Spain ahead of their own country doesn't mean ANYTHING on this thread. :mad:

Munsterchick
03/03/2005, 8:09 AM
I think the opinion of someone who admits to supporting Spain ahead of their own country doesn't mean ANYTHING on this thread. :mad:
Sorry, newbie and all, but :eek:

NeilMcD
03/03/2005, 11:27 AM
Robbie was captain last night for the Spurs match. Nice thing for Jol to do. I know it wont be for long as King will come back into the team and be captain but it looks like Robbie is the Vice Captain at Spurs.

Peadar
03/03/2005, 11:37 AM
Nice thing for Jol to do.

A farewell gift before he heads to Ajax and Robbie gets sold to Coventry. :D

NeilMcD
03/03/2005, 11:40 AM
Well I would rather look on the positives I think its a nice move, not that important but a nice one nonetheless. More importantly thats 2 goals in 2 games for Robbie recently. I have been proven right in relation to this striking situation at Spurs. Spurs have 4 strikers and are using all of them, which enables the ones in form to get their games and the others to get a rest. Spurs are a club going places. Steady progress and its going to turn out to be a great move for Reid also.

Kingdom
03/03/2005, 1:37 PM
Spurs are a club going places.

You're right they are a club going places....they're going to Newcastle in the next round, where they'll be going right out of the FA Cup.

:D

NeilMcD
03/03/2005, 1:39 PM
Well if that happens I still think that the club is heading in the righ direction and short term goals like that are all well and good but it look like that finally spurs have a long term strategic goal in place.