PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this year?

seagulls nest
25/02/2005, 10:51 PM
how many people can we expect at our home games do you think fellas?

dublinwanderer
26/02/2005, 6:09 PM
there will be a good crowd at the first home game and as the season drags out the attendance will drop to around an average 1000 per game.

while at away games there will be the usual s**t support. but at least we try!!!

Roo69
26/02/2005, 6:28 PM
there will be a good crowd at the first home game and as the season drags out the attendance will drop to around an average 1000 per game.

while at away games there will be the usual s**t support. but at least we try!!!

Well considering our average support was between 700-800 in the 1st division, i reckon it'll be much higher this season. between 1500-2000, especially with so many clubs close to us, all the dublin clubs always bring strong support. I reckon we'll have a few band wagon supporters as well.

KR's Post
28/02/2005, 12:24 PM
s**t support
We try our best at away games DW, with limited nimber of people...... Can't fault the effort.... :rolleyes:

dublinwanderer
28/02/2005, 3:00 PM
We try our best at away games DW, with limited nimber of people...... Can't fault the effort.... :rolleyes:

i'm not faulting the effort tarzan, i go to nearly every match and support the team but the numbers are too small.....

KR's Post
28/02/2005, 4:33 PM
i'm not faulting the effort tarzan, i go to nearly every match and support the team but the numbers are too small.....
Fair enuf DW. Yes, but what can you do when nobodys interested. IMO there are 4 types of fans down in the ground.
Cup supporters: :rolleyes: Who only come along when the big guns are playing us in the cup.

The Moans: :mad: Never shut up moaning about the club and how it's run... Yet they are not helping out in any aspect.....

The bit part supporters: :eek: The lads who come and go when they choose. Anytime we're going true a good run then they are proud to be a wanderers fan, but, if we are struggling they just couldn't be bothered.

The loyal fans: :) The lads and lassies that travel up and down the country, stick with the team through thick and thin and actually support the team, rather than sitting on their arse drinking soup at the train tracks side of the ground.... These guys should stand up and be proud of what they are doing in supporting the club.

Seagull
28/02/2005, 5:52 PM
sitting on their arse drinking soup at the train tracks side of the ground.... These guys should stand up and be proud of what they are doing in supporting the club.
So what were those seats put there for? If you sit down at home games and don't go to every single away game, you're not a true supporter?

SligoRoversfan
28/02/2005, 5:56 PM
what about if uve absoulutely no way of getting to cobh,kilkenny etc.?

KR's Post
01/03/2005, 12:32 PM
So what were those seats put there for? If you sit down at home games and don't go to every single away game, you're not a true supporter? :eek:
I didn't say they were not true supporters.... It's just they are so critical of the club during bad times!!!! They could be very helpful to the atmosphere when we are singing, maybe by joining in here and there.... Hopefully by the time the roof is over the seats we will relocate to the half way line at the seats side of the ground, but as i said before the 'SHED' is our spot.... :rolleyes: