PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Yanks

strangeirish
25/02/2005, 9:30 PM
This story (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050224/D88F19S80.html) is truly unbelievable. Did she keep a jar beside the bed :confused:

dancinpants
25/02/2005, 10:08 PM
That is really f**ked up :eek:

Green Tribe
26/02/2005, 1:49 AM
"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift - an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said.

:D :eek: :eek: that line is hilarious, cracked me up completely!!!!!!!! heh heh hee hee...............
had to listen to an annoying american tonight, so funny to come home to read that........... :D

ollie
26/02/2005, 11:18 AM
whatttttt the fuccccccck????
Only in America :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
26/02/2005, 4:28 PM
Only in America :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually that would be the same over here too (I never thought that my Legal medical classes would come in useful) but you give up your right to ownership when you 'donate' tissue samples (like blood for example), so strictly speaking, he 'gave' her the sperm as a 'donation' and ownership was then hers. I dont know how she managed to get child support from her though, as legaly she used her own sperm to have the kid! :eek:

strangeirish
27/02/2005, 10:09 PM
Actually that would be the same over here too (I never thought that my Legal medical classes would come in useful) but you give up your right to ownership when you 'donate' tissue samples (like blood for example), so strictly speaking, he 'gave' her the sperm as a 'donation' and ownership was then hers. I dont know how she managed to get child support from her though, as legaly she used her own sperm to have the kid! :eek:

Gulp :eek: Pun intended

GavinZac
28/02/2005, 7:52 AM

im sure if it was a different bodily substance that was expelled from his body she wouldnt eb claiming it. he didnt "give" anything. no more than you can give away any part of your body, without written consent. you have to sign a contract to donate, which stipulates that the ownership is exchanged.

can you do lionel hutz' voice for a while? ;)

Troy.McClure
28/02/2005, 8:03 PM
he didnt "give" anything. no more than you can give away any part of your body, without written consent. you have to sign a contract to donate, which stipulates that the ownership is exchanged.

Admittedly she was the one who was giving ;) but he did (physically) give a sample of his tissue to her.

You do not have to sign over a contract to donate tissue, it can be done anominisly however you would be under full understanding of what the sample was being used for (which he wasnt in this case hence Im amazed that she got benefits from him). Im going under the presumtion that there was a verbal contract between them (ie he chatted her up or vise versa). If he didnt want to donate his 'tissue' ;) then he could have not followed thorough/pulled out :o so he did donate his tissue and it did pass into her posession. :)

strangeirish
28/02/2005, 8:44 PM
Im going under the presumtion that there was a verbal contract between them :)

Good point Troy.McClure, but I'm going to assume it was an oral contract :D

Taxi for strangeirish :o

holidaysong
28/02/2005, 9:33 PM
but I'm going to assume it was an oral contract :D

hehehe :D I likes that one!

liam88
28/02/2005, 9:38 PM
Not only insane but highly immorale.......also find it interesting how the thread on Panorama got binned but here's one on oral sex :rolleyes: :eek:

pete
28/02/2005, 9:57 PM
Good point Troy.McClure, but I'm going to assume it was an oral contract :D

I think you mean contact ;)

What would happen if someone "borrowed" saliva or hair & cloned (assuming that was possible) someone...

Troy.McClure
01/03/2005, 1:07 PM
find it interesting how the thread on Panorama got binned but here's one on oral sex :rolleyes: :eek:

This is about a legal case, not oral sex

strangeirish
01/03/2005, 2:16 PM
What would happen if someone "borrowed" saliva or hair & cloned (assuming that was possible) someone...

We don't need two of ya Pete :D