PDA

View Full Version : Meteors

Eire06
25/02/2005, 11:58 AM
Anyone at the Metors last night were they any good??

The cream of Ireland's music industry was honoured at the Meteor Ireland Music Awards in Dublin last night.
Co Down four-piece Snow Patrol were named Best Irish Band and also picked up the Best Irish Album award for Final Straw.

Elsewhere, Paddy Casey and Juliette Turner were named Best Irish Male and Best Irish Female, while Westlife won the Best Pop Act award for the sixth consecutive year and the Chalets won Best New Band.

Dublin band Aslan were given the Lifetime Achievement Award, while Glasgow outfit Franz Ferdinand won Best International Group and Best International Album for their eponymous debut.

James
25/02/2005, 12:11 PM
winners

2005 Meteor Ireland Music Awards

Irish
Best Irish Male - Paddy Casey
Best Irish Female - Juliette Turner
Best Folk/Trad - Planxty
Best DJ - Ray D'Arcy
Best Irish Album - Snow Patrol, Final Straw
Hope for 2005 - Angel of Mons
Best Pop - Westlife
Humanitarian Award - Adi Roche
Best Newcomer - The Chalets
Industry Award - John Hughes
Lifetime Achievement - Aslan
International
Best International Group - Franz Ferdinand
Best International Male - Morrissey
Best International Female - PJ Harvey
Best International Album - Franz Ferdinand
Best Visiting Live Performance - The Killers

Ruairi
25/02/2005, 12:35 PM
International

HOW THE FCUK?

they release the same song every couple of years FFS! and it's a sh!te song anyway! and who says the meteors are just a plastic awards show eh? :rolleyes:

pete
25/02/2005, 12:37 PM

The music equivalent of Brendan O'Carroll.

:eek:

Eire06
25/02/2005, 12:45 PM
The music equivalent of Brendan O'Carroll.

:eek:

he he quite true they alway remind me of holidays cause every 'irish' bar you go into Aslan is playin and a load of drunkin dub scum jumpin around like fools...
(not sayin all dubs are drunkin scum now so don't jump down my throat)

suprised Damien Rice didn't win anything was he even nominated??
O is the best album I've heard in the last few years

Schumi
25/02/2005, 12:57 PM
suprised Damien Rice didn't win anything was he even nominated??
O is the best album I've heard in the last few years
Hasn't released anything in the last year though has he?

Eire06
25/02/2005, 1:09 PM

think he rerealesed the blowers daughter for the film closer

James
25/02/2005, 1:09 PM

hasnt released anything in the last 3 years has he :eek:

niamh
25/02/2005, 2:37 PM
think he rerealesed the blowers daughter for the film closer

It would want to be re-released given the amount of air time it's getting at the minute. Addictive album the more you listen but The Blowers Daughter is waaay past the danger of over exposure at the minute...

soccerc
25/02/2005, 2:43 PM
Anyone at the Metors last night were they any good??
Now before anyone starts I had to accompany a minor (my son) who wanted to see Snoop Dog and Aslan.

The night was the biggest load of tosh I've ever witnessed but then again maybe I'm too old and not a fan of westlife/boybands.

Not like a normal gig whatsoever. I wonder how those who shelled out minimum of €30 feel about the waste of money.

Eire06
25/02/2005, 2:45 PM
Now before anyone starts I had to accompany a minor (my son) who wanted to see Snoop Dog and Aslan.

The night was the biggest load of tosh I've ever witnessed but then again maybe I'm too old and not a fan of westlife/boybands.

Not like a normal gig whatsoever. I wonder how those who shelled out minimum of €30 feel about the waste of money.

I'd love to have gone :D

Who played were any of them good.. The trills were ment to be class, they played here before and I thought they put on a terrible show

Roo69
25/02/2005, 2:58 PM
suprised Damien Rice didn't win anything was he even nominated?? O is the best album I've heard in the last few years

Most over-rated album EVER

Eire06
25/02/2005, 3:17 PM
Most over-rated album EVER

sorry think you have a spelling error ther don't you mean most Rated album ever :D
Pure raw talent.. Best album to come out of Ireland in a long long time.. Paddy Casy livin is up there with him though

Lionel Ritchie
25/02/2005, 4:03 PM
sorry think you have a spelling error ther don't you mean most Rated album ever :D
Pure raw talent.. Best album to come out of Ireland in a long long time.. Paddy Casy livin is up there with him though

Sorry Eire I'm with Roo. Death to all lovestruck troubadors -sitting yer bird on a barstool next to ya and wooing her in public -it's downright vulgar I tells ya - Hopelessly overblown nonsense -3 years old overblown nonsense at that so he shouldn't be nominated for anything. If a movie uses Gloria should Van Morrisson get a nomination? No. nuff said