30/07/2017, 10:26 AM
FAI Junior Cup 2017/2018.

donthaveaclue
31/08/2017, 12:16 PM
When is the draw for the first round?

the 12 th man
06/09/2017, 10:10 AM
First and Second round draw.

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/201718-fai-junior-cup-first-and-second-round-draw/

deadly man
27/10/2017, 10:16 PM
Carew Park vs Pike this sunday

Should be a great game,Carew park to win with a bit to spare for me,i'll go 3-1 Carew park

Treaty Gooner
28/10/2017, 12:40 PM
Agree. Carew for me, Pike missing Hanrahan, big loss. Thin squad again in Crossagalla.

faceoff
29/10/2017, 8:01 PM
Spot on there boys.

Fairkop
29/10/2017, 8:39 PM
Great result for Pike in a poor game,Pike defence in top form considering Carews front 4 though a few of them looked unfit to me.Carew keeper should have done better for goal.

deadly man
29/10/2017, 8:49 PM
Spot on there boys.

Lol,good result for ye today,glad to see you back on here faceoff

passandmove
29/10/2017, 9:56 PM
Very poor game, woeful goal to lose a big match , both teams never showed up

Treaty Gooner
29/10/2017, 11:56 PM
Win some, lose some I suppose

donthaveaclue
01/11/2017, 12:52 PM
Can anybody tell me how many subs can be made in an fai game is it the 3 or 5?

Shearer
01/11/2017, 3:27 PM
Can anybody tell me how many subs can be made in an fai game is it the 3 or 5?
5 to the best of my knowledge.

Xmas3Formation
03/11/2017, 11:07 AM
Any chance of a cork team getting involved for a change?
for me Knocknaheeny Celtic & Grattan are the 2 most likely candidates
but don`t know if they have enough to compete.

Treaty Gooner
10/11/2017, 9:00 PM
Wide open now fellas

Round Tower
12/11/2017, 3:33 PM
Straide and Foxford, Castlebar Celtic and Iorras Aontaithe are the 3 clubs too come out of the Mayo area

Jofspring
12/11/2017, 10:29 PM
Regional
Janesboro
Shelbourne
Hill Celtic
Coonagh/Kennedy Park
Pike/Kilfrush

That’s what’s coming out of Limerick.

nigel-harps1954
12/11/2017, 10:53 PM
Greencastle FC, Castlefin Celtic, Cappry Rovers and Rathmullan Celtic go forward from Donegal/Inishowen.

Jofspring
26/11/2017, 4:50 PM
Regional
Janesboro
Shelbourne
Hill Celtic
Coonagh/Kennedy Park
Pike/Kilfrush

That’s what’s coming out of Limerick.

Pike and Coonagh confirmed as out of Limerick.

Shearer
27/11/2017, 9:00 PM
Glin Rovers,
Carrig Celtic.

Coming out of the Limerick Desmond League.

Johnnie C
02/12/2017, 5:31 PM
5th Round
Tolka Rovers 0 Pearse Celtic (Cork) 0
(Tolka won 5-3 on penalties)
Sandyhill Shangan (Dublin) 1 Cappry Rovers (Donegal) 2

Johnnie C
02/12/2017, 5:50 PM
Also today:
Oliver Bond Celtic (Dublin) 3 Avenue United 0

ForzaForth
03/12/2017, 5:50 PM
North End of Wexford beat Janesboro 2-1 today. Good away result for the Slaneysiders.

Shearer
03/12/2017, 6:05 PM
That's the competition blown open even more, Janesboro were the best chance of a Limerick side winning it.

faceoff
03/12/2017, 6:17 PM
They obviously weren't .Fools that thought they were.Why would anyone think there Limericks best chance is beyond me.Can't understand there reasoning.Pike are Limericks best chance and always have been.Boro will always come up short as usual

Treaty Gooner
03/12/2017, 6:17 PM
Disagree. Pike have experience in spades which, along with a home draw, counts for an awful lot. Boro had a big talented squad but very little experience compared to Pike.

But ya, even more so now it's anyone's trophy.

deadly man
03/12/2017, 7:29 PM
how did regional get on today ?

passandmove
03/12/2017, 7:45 PM
As I said last July on the limerick forum doesn’t matter who boro sign they will play the same old heads and get knocked out of fai ......1st sign of madness is doing the same aul thing and expect different results!!!!

Shearer
03/12/2017, 7:47 PM
how did regional get on today ?
Won 1-0.

deadly man
03/12/2017, 8:07 PM
They obviously weren't .Fools that thought they were.Why would anyone think there Limericks best chance is beyond me.Can't understand there reasoning.Pike are Limericks best chance and always have been.Boro will always come up short as usual

In fairness they went into the fai as last years league winners and are currently running away with the league,they didn't get the luck with the draw unlike Pike who got Kilfrush and Hill and that is no disrespect to either of those teams,they also brought in Mawdsley who started very well for the club scoring goals so i can see where lads optimism was coming from regarding boro's chances

Johnnie C
03/12/2017, 9:36 PM
FAI Junior Cup 5th Round Results
Galway Hibs 1-1 Shannon Town (AET) - Shannon Town won 3-1 on penalties
Newmarket Celtic 1-0 Birr Town FC
Oliver Bond Celtic 3-0 Avenue Utd
Moore Utd 0-3 Grattan Utd
St. Michaels 6-0 New Ross Celtic
Tolka Rovers 0-0 Pearse Celtic (AET) - Tolka won 5-4 on penalties
Iorras Aonthaithe FC 0-1 Nenagh Celtic
Castlefin Celtic 2-0 Carrigaline Utd
Galbally FC 1-1 Glin Rovers (AET) - Galbally won 3-2 on penalties
Mervue Utd 3-2 Shelbourne FC
Janesboro FC 1-2 North End Utd
Greencastle FC 1-0 St Francis FC
Clonmel Celtic 3-0 Courtown Hibs
Willow Park FC 2-0 Firhouse Clover FC
Clonmel Town 1-0 Ardee Celtic
Wexford Bohs 1-2 Knocknaheeny Celtic
Moyne Rgs 2-1 Lakewood Ath
Usher Celtic 1-1 St Pauls Artane FC (AET) - Usher won 3-2 on penalties
Dingle Utd 2-5 Coonagh Utd
Bandon Utd 0-2 Newfoundwell FC
Sandyhill Shangan FC 1-2 Cappry Rovers FC
Regional Utd 1-0 St Peters FC
Ballinasloe Town 2-0 Knockraha FC
Hill Celtic 0-4 Pike Rvs,
Killarney Celtic 4-2 Castlebar Celtic
Carrick Utd v Straide & Foxford FC (Not played)
Dungarvan Utd v Boot Road Celtic (Not played)
Evergreen FC v South Willam St or Kilnamanagh FC (Not played)
Railway Union FC v Ferrybank FC (Not played)
Ayrefield FC v Corrib Celtic (Not played)
Ballymun Utd v Carrig Celtic (Not played)
Rathmullen Celtic v Innishvilla FC (Not played)

faceoff
04/12/2017, 2:32 AM
Luck of the draw?if they're that good the draw shouldn't matter.Always be the bridesmaids.And as for Mawdsley.Big games big players.I rest my case

Kennycon
04/12/2017, 8:01 AM
In fairness they went into the fai as last years league winners and are currently running away with the league,they didn't get the luck with the draw unlike Pike who got Kilfrush and Hill and that is no disrespect to either of those teams,they also brought in Mawdsley who started very well for the club scoring goals so i can see where lads optimism was coming from regarding boro's chances

Disagree!! It was a home draw and north end while they are a good side they are no world beaters, poor result for boro that's the trophy they want, big game players need to produce on the big occasion in boro

Shearer
04/12/2017, 12:43 PM
I want to preface all of this by saying I have no Janesboro allegiance, in fact I'm from the Desmond League.

Luck of the draw?if they're that good the draw shouldn't matter.Always be the bridesmaids.And as for Mawdsley.Big games big players.I rest my case
You seem to have a serious bone to pick with Janesboro, the mind boggles.
The luck of the draw absolutely matters, Sheriff have had bags of it in recent years and were put out of the competition by a strong Usher side. Not to say that Sheriff are no good, but if they'd gotten sticky draws earlier on in the competition in previous years then they might not have won as many.

Disagree!! It was a home draw and north end while they are a good side they are no world beaters, poor result for boro that's the trophy they want, big game players need to produce on the big occasion in boro
In fairness I heard from someone who was at Sheriff vs North End in the Leinster Junior Cup and he said they were a great outfit, same person said they could win the FAI after yesterday's game.

fatboyslim
04/12/2017, 4:22 PM
When is the draw for the next round?!?!

rooster
04/12/2017, 4:28 PM
When is the draw for the next round?!?!

friday

Kennycon
05/12/2017, 6:27 AM
I want to preface all of this by saying I have no Janesboro allegiance, in fact I'm from the Desmond League.

You seem to have a serious bone to pick with Janesboro, the mind boggles.
The luck of the draw absolutely matters, Sheriff have had bags of it in recent years and were put out of the competition by a strong Usher side. Not to say that Sheriff are no good, but if they'd gotten sticky draws earlier on in the competition in previous years then they might not have won as many.

In fairness I heard from someone who was at Sheriff vs North End in the Leinster Junior Cup and he said they were a great outfit, same person said they could win the FAI after yesterday's game.

There is lots of good sides left in but if you go back to the history books they have reached the latter stages of the competition but always fell short, home draw is important and boro had the home draw just were unlucky on the day failed to take their chances they will fight on.

Jofspring
05/12/2017, 8:42 PM
friday

Seems to be to be on Thursday evening.

Fairkop
05/12/2017, 9:36 PM
Agree with Shearer on the Janesboro bashing on here.Every big club has the Fai cup top of the list.A few weeks back a Ballananty team full of ex league of ireland recruits lost to Janesboro and a very fancied Carew Park lost to Pike didnt see anyone muttering on those defeats....big games big players .Best of luck to all the Limerick teams in the draw,though obviously one particular team wont mind who they get.

Treaty Gooner
06/12/2017, 7:19 AM
I think the Boro bring it on themselves with the way they run their club. The same way another Limerick club, successful in recent years also, with similar practices, was treated. Right or wrong, if you do business like that, you've got to take criticism on the chin.

Xmas3Formation
06/12/2017, 12:11 PM
Knocknaheeny Celtic of Cork will have an outside chance without having any superstar ex LOI players or anything like that.
Very good side, won away from home at the weekend and nobody will want to play them up in knocknaheeny. They`d have a big scalp in them if getting a home draw.

Kennycon
06/12/2017, 1:51 PM
Agree with Shearer on the Janesboro bashing on here.Every big club has the Fai cup top of the list.A few weeks back a Ballananty team full of ex league of ireland recruits lost to Janesboro and a very fancied Carew Park lost to Pike didnt see anyone muttering on those defeats....big games big players .Best of luck to all the Limerick teams in the draw,though obviously one particular team wont mind who they get.

I wouldn't agree,every club would have realistic targets and local trophies would be a target for most, the boro target would obviously be the fai but they have still lots to play for and for people to right their season off because of one loss is crazy.

Shearer
06/12/2017, 5:08 PM
Who are the last club from Cork to win the competition? Would like to see how many winners have come from each county, might get around to doing it over Christmas when I'm free.

Johnnie C
06/12/2017, 10:20 PM
1940s since a Cork side last one it, all the top Cork sides play at intermediate level.

Shearer
07/12/2017, 12:01 AM
1940s since a Cork side last one it, all the top Cork sides play at intermediate level.
Thought as much, cheers.

Jofspring
07/12/2017, 9:30 PM
Pike vs Regional, harsh draw there.

Shearer
08/12/2017, 3:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQeEgaVWkAQYV89.jpg:small

The Saint
08/12/2017, 10:59 PM
The last time a Cork AUL team won the FAI Junior Cup was 1974 when St Michael's from Tipperary won it. Between 1973/74 they won FAI, Munster Junior, Cork AUL and AOH Cup. Great time in club's history.

faceoff
11/12/2017, 12:09 AM
I'll guarantee you here and now North End will win no FAI.When your in hat for last 64 it shouldn't matter who you draw if you have ambitions of winning it outright.And I don't believe that boro stalwarts believe they can win.They watch them week in week out and the word is they will never win it without a good defence and 2 strong midfielder.Its the people outside the club who build them up as potential winners every single year.I do agree a bit of luck in draw is handy but my point is if your drawn at home to anyone left you should be beating them if as people say.But how many years is this being said?And what happens.Boom out.Has always been like that as they've never won it.And Ryan won't win it for them either.They brought in Dermot Finnan to try wrestle it.no joy.There's was one man I believe may have got them there but I dunno if they ever pursued it or he declined.

faceoff
11/12/2017, 12:13 AM
Confusing."Last time a Cork AUL team won it was St Michaels from Tipperary.
Bit odd no?

Kennycon
11/12/2017, 2:18 AM
I'll guarantee you here and now North End will win no FAI.When your in hat for last 64 it shouldn't matter who you draw if you have ambitions of winning it outright.And I don't believe that boro stalwarts believe they can win.They watch them week in week out and the word is they will never win it without a good defence and 2 strong midfielder.Its the people outside the club who build them up as potential winners every single year.I do agree a bit of luck in draw is handy but my point is if your drawn at home to anyone left you should be beating them if as people say.But how many years is this being said?And what happens.Boom out.Has always been like that as they've never won it.And Ryan won't win it for them either.They brought in Dermot Finnan to try wrestle it.no joy.There's was one man I believe may have got them there but I dunno if they ever pursued it or he declined.

Boro are a good side there is no denying that they have a good record locally but the fai seems to be a step too fair for them, missing glories chances in the big games are hurting them, Shane Clarke and Aaron nunan locally are very good players but both records in big games are very poor. Is the league a realistic target for them?.