PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2017/18

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

booster 03
26/07/2017, 6:33 AM
Very sensitive fairkop !!!! Where did I say they will win the fai? yes they are worth a bet getting to the lather stages of the fai in recent years and if they sign some of the players that have been training with them in preseason they have a chance, and of course they have a huge budget the have a bar and it's turn over seems to be healthy and FairPlay to them lots of loyal club men still there.

you can see in pre season the amount of good quality standard players dropping out of the premier league, going back playing with 1 A sides, 'B' teams, improving club teams ( shelbourne, Coonagh to name two )etc... ive been saying it for years that there's a becoming lack of interest playing top flight football in town, what's the point trying to compete and get battered every second Sunday is the common attitude, and also, that the commitment is too large for an unfair and unbalanced league. rightly or wrongly it must be said, but talk about budgets and money week in week out ( truth or untruth )serves the league absolutely no benefit, and the monopoly of top clubs competing is not doing the overall standard any benefit either as shown in the fai the last 5/6 years. what chance have Holycross this season? and the rumours are that Moyross are struggling big time, that's the bottom two sorted..Boro/Pike or maybe one of Neenagh or Fairview to push for the league... same story different number on the calendar.

deadly man
29/07/2017, 9:07 PM
I heard Pa Boyle gone to boro,shrewd move by aidan ryan that one

Treaty Gooner
29/07/2017, 9:20 PM
Big signing if true. Best centre midfield player in town when he's right.

faceoff
29/07/2017, 10:02 PM
I heard Pa Boyle gone to boro,shrewd move by aidan ryan that one

Wil he take his brothers place?Or has he moved on again.?Could be a straight swap.

deadly man
29/07/2017, 10:47 PM
John will probably play full back i'd guess,boro the team to beat again,have they played any friendlies recently does anyone no?

Treaty Gooner
30/07/2017, 12:55 PM
Danny O'Neill will be fullback, international player sure. They can only start 11, tough to keep those lads happy. Lot of fellas will be ok with sitting on the bench and collecting a medal too I suppose.

southern kid
30/07/2017, 1:15 PM
what player would be happy sitting on a bench and picking up a medal at end of season. surly there cannot be players like dat around.can not understand that and if that is the case what does that say about the player and maybe any squad would be better off wit out them players..

passandmove
30/07/2017, 1:41 PM
Sure it doesn't matter who boro sign .......they will play the same old heads in latter stages of fai and get knocked out ......different year same old story

superblues37
01/08/2017, 8:25 PM
league kicking off in less than 2 weeks and still no sign of fixtures???....think it might have something to do with 1 or 2 premier teams struggling to sign players......

deadly man
01/08/2017, 9:33 PM
league kicking off in less than 2 weeks and still no sign of fixtures???....think it might have something to do with 1 or 2 premier teams struggling to sign players......

Heard moyross are struggling a bit alright,who else?fairview putting a nice side together by the sounds of it,should go very close next year by all accounts

Treaty Gooner
01/08/2017, 10:48 PM
Fairview sound weaker than last year, Balla the same. Charleville might surprise a few. Heard the same, Moyross and Kilmallock struggling.

passandmove
02/08/2017, 9:13 AM
If pike win 1st 2 games against nenangh boro it's all over !!!!!

deadly man
02/08/2017, 8:20 PM
If pike win 1st 2 games against nenangh boro it's all over !!!!!

Couldn't disagree more with that statement

Boro for me to win the league again with Holycross and Moyross for the drop

Treaty Gooner
02/08/2017, 8:55 PM
Very little change from last season I reckon. Boro to win it, Pike to push them close. Any two from 4 or 5 to go down. One thing I'd be interested to see is how Nenagh, Charleville, Holycross, Kilmallock do with mostly local lads in their squads. They can't attract players the way Janesboro, Pike, Carew and Fairview can and just have to go with locals. Nenagh (80-90% at least) have proven that it can be done.

pearse4t3
02/08/2017, 9:34 PM
Something that has gone under the radar slightly is the introduction of the use of 5 substitutes. I think it will have a bigger impact than people think. Firstly it will suit the clubs with big squads, which is usually the top 3/4 teams, it will allow those clubs more breathing space in keeping players happy by obviously giving them more game time. But the major benefit will be the ability of these clubs to make changes early in the game, i.e a triple substitution at half-time, allowing them to change tactics and systems midstream but still having the comfort of further changes incase of injury or fatigue.

On the league, it's really hard to predict with any great certainty the exactly finishing positions of any of the teams without knowing the ins and outs of each. For my money there'll be 3 mini leagues within the league. Top tier containing Janesboro, Pike Rvs, Nenagh FC and Fairview Rgns. Middle tier of Ballynanty Rvs, Carew Park, Aisling Annacotty and Regional Utd. Bottom tier of Holycross, Moyross Utd, Kilmallock Utd and Charleville. Great to have it back.

Jofspring
03/08/2017, 7:40 AM
Ya I'd agree with above. Nenagh could push Boro again but as it stands it doesn't seem to me like Pike or anyone else have strengthened enough to challenge them.

Charleville and Holycross could do pretty well. If Killmallock and Moyross are struggling like has been said then they would have to be current favourites for the drop.

passandmove
03/08/2017, 9:20 AM
Boro win no league imo back 4 is rubbish , got away with it last year as league was poor

Treaty Gooner
03/08/2017, 10:09 AM
Still won it tho. Also Boro seem to have strengthened more than the other teams. Don't see them being overtaken.

Jofspring
03/08/2017, 10:47 AM
Boro win no league imo back 4 is rubbish , got away with it last year as league was poor

And has the league greatly improved this season?

passandmove
03/08/2017, 11:01 AM
Nenagh won't be as naive I think they dropped silly points last year won't happen again, pike in imo are better than boro when dey are at it , Carew should improve again under Albert , fairview will be better again 3rd year under Paul , so ya I think it will be a better league but don't I see any fai heading to the league this season

passandmove
03/08/2017, 11:07 AM
Also I saw charleville a few times last year very good side with players who would walk into the so called big teams .........also I see nenagh are away to them on a THURSDAY night .....ridiculous

Fairkop
03/08/2017, 8:54 PM
Once again the fixtures, as always will cause debate,last season didnt Kilmallock have a similar midweek journey to Nenagh?its only an afterthought though as lets face facts the fixtures sec does as he pleases.Surprising to see no major moves in the off season,no standout signings by the looks of things.

faceoff
04/08/2017, 7:07 AM
Ya I'd agree with above. Nenagh could push Boro again but as it stands it doesn't seem to me like Pike or anyone else have strengthened enough to challenge them.

Charleville and Holycross could do pretty well. If Killmallock and Moyross are struggling like has been said then they would have to be current favourites for the drop.

Do you know for sure Pike haven't strenghtened.???.I believe they have big time.

faceoff
04/08/2017, 7:09 AM
Also I saw charleville a few times last year very good side with players who would walk into the so called big teams .........also I see nenagh are away to them on a THURSDAY night .....ridiculous

Why is it riduclous.They knew entering league they would have to travel.it was their choice.

faceoff
04/08/2017, 7:11 AM
Once again the fixtures, as always will cause debate,last season didnt Kilmallock have a similar midweek journey to Nenagh?its only an afterthought though as lets face facts the fixtures sec does as he pleases.Surprising to see no major moves in the off season,no standout signings by the looks of things.

I believe their is some very very good signings.

passandmove
04/08/2017, 9:12 AM
It's called common sense faceoff

Fairkop
04/08/2017, 6:41 PM
I believe their is some very very good signings.

Go then...we are all waiting.

faceoff
04/08/2017, 9:17 PM
Go then...we are all waiting.

You'll soon find out im sure.if you dont know no one does.Has Rainsford left ye??

faceoff
04/08/2017, 9:20 PM
It's called common sense faceoff

Commen sense LDMC.Didnt hear Kilmallock complaining last year.If it was vice versa would Charleville conplain??

deadly man
04/08/2017, 9:37 PM
Has Conor Kavanagh signed with fairview?best midfielder in this town if true

Fairkop
04/08/2017, 10:10 PM
You'll soon find out im sure.if you dont know no one does.Has Rainsford left ye??

Sure you will announce him ...soon...enough wont you.

Treaty Gooner
04/08/2017, 10:23 PM
Kavanagh great signing if he's not carrying a fridge on his back.

Rainsford would be a catastrophic loss if he left.

Plus ça change in the Fairgreen

Kennycon
06/08/2017, 11:17 AM
Kavanagh great signing if he's not carrying a fridge on his back.

Rainsford would be a catastrophic loss if he left.

Plus ça change in the Fairgreen

Fairview are strong this year and could upset boro and pike, is John tierney gone from the boro?

deadly man
06/08/2017, 6:35 PM
Fairview are strong this year and could upset boro and pike, is John tierney gone from the boro?

Fairview very strong,O'Callaghan at the back with a wealth of experience and kavanagh and judge in the middle..no fear of tgem i'm sure they will push boro all the way...tierney retiring over all his injuries i heard,super player hope it aint true

Kennycon
07/08/2017, 11:29 AM
Fairview very strong,O'Callaghan at the back with a wealth of experience and kavanagh and judge in the middle..no fear of tgem i'm sure they will push boro all the way...tierney retiring over all his injuries i heard,super player hope it aint true

That's a very good side puts abit more pressure on O'Donnell who needs a trophy, it would be great for the league if a club outside of pike/ boro won the league both clubs set the bar every year.

Treaty Gooner
07/08/2017, 3:51 PM
Carew have won 2 of the last 4???

passandmove
07/08/2017, 4:03 PM
And should have had 3 in 5 years ......but rules changed when a certain result didn't suit

Treaty Gooner
07/08/2017, 9:23 PM
Don't see anyone outside of Pike or Boro either though.

Kennycon
07/08/2017, 10:06 PM
Carew have won 2 of the last 4???

Carew won't be winning the league anytime soon, great club with good history.

superblues37
08/08/2017, 1:40 AM
And should have had 3 in 5 years ......but rules changed when a certain result didn't suit

ah shur might aswell bring up the westport match while your at it........

Kennycon
08/08/2017, 7:22 AM
ah shur might aswell bring up the westport match while your at it........

Don't mention the war lol

deadly man
09/08/2017, 9:10 AM
Is AOB still doing reports on games for the forthcoming season does anyone know?he normally gives a good narrative on what he thinks may happen for the season ahead

Treaty Gooner
10/08/2017, 1:12 PM
Any of the big guns playing friendlies recently?

deadly man
12/08/2017, 6:06 PM
Predictions for tomorrows games

Nenagh 1-3 Pike
Boro 1-0 AA
Balla 4-0 Holycross
Kilmallock 1-2 Regional
Moyross 1-4 Carew Pk

Treaty Gooner
12/08/2017, 9:09 PM
Nenagh 1-2 Pike
Boro 2-0 AA
Balla 6-1 Holycross
Kilmallock 1-1 Regional
Moyross 2-4 Carew

pearse4t3
12/08/2017, 9:23 PM
Nenagh 2-2 Pike
Boro 3-1 AA
Balla 5-1 Holycross
Kilmallock 1-3 Regional
Moyross 1-5 Carew Park

faceoff
13/08/2017, 12:46 AM
Why is View/Charleville not on..Kilmallock will turn over Regional.Jake Mulcahy back with them as well.

Treaty Gooner
13/08/2017, 7:19 AM
Duno, Hanly is a big loss

pearse4t3
13/08/2017, 12:00 PM
Nenagh 2-2 Pike
Boro 3-1 AA
Balla 5-1 Holycross
Kilmallock 1-3 Regional
Moyross 1-5 Carew Park

Robbed!!!!

deadly man
13/08/2017, 1:22 PM
Robbed!!!!

Very unlucky ;)
Anyone a report on any of today's games?