PDA

View Full Version : Dolan Slams Fixture Schedules Ahead Of Finn Park Visit

Éanna
24/02/2005, 10:59 PM
Donegal democrat (http://www.donegaldemocrat.com/story/4796) Football - Dolan Slams Fixture Schedules Ahead Of Finn Park Visit
By Alan Foley

Thursday 24th February 2005

Pat Dolan has criticised the Eircom League and labelled Finn Harps director Derek Wilkinson "politically connected," after learning the scheduling of fixtures for the forthcoming season.

The Cork City manager is unimpressed by last Saturday's announcement from the league's AGM, where his side must travel to Finn Park for the first game of the new campaign.

"It's about respect," commences the former St. Patrick's Athletic boss. "These fixtures are not done by computer, they are done by an individual, Michael Hayes, so he feels its the best thing."

The Leesiders club have been in this situation before and awkward agendas, they feel, are continually bestowed upon them. The television analyst continues: "You can't change it. It seems a strange one to have to travel the length and breadth of the country on the first weekend. Finn Harps had Derek Wilkinson there (at the AGM) and politically, he's very well connected. I'm sure they'll get a bumper gate for themselves up there. Finn Harps have done their job properly."

Dolan continued his barrage after being informed his side must play two away fixtures as opposed to one home game against champions Shelbourne. Last year the sides shared four encounters due to the fact there were four series of games, as opposed to the three this time out.

Concluding, the interview on Red FM, the Turner's Cross chief muttered: "You can get very angry on these things. Last year we got a bum deal from the fixtures and nobody gave two hoots. Its pretty predictable and that's a fact."

Éanna
24/02/2005, 11:06 PM
these comments have attracted a lot of attention. It's not going to help us. i hope he limits this to attacking Harps and Shels, the last thing we need is every club setting out to teach us a lesson over comments like this

Gary
25/02/2005, 7:55 AM
I honestly cant see the fuss. It gets one of our long trip out of the way straight away.

paudie
25/02/2005, 8:25 AM
Ridiculous of Dolan to specifically criticise Harps.

They would got a bumper crowd for their first game no matter who they were playing. If they were that well connected why didn't they get Shels or Derry at home for the first game.

Dolan really annoys me when he shoots his mouth off like this for no good reason.

pineapple stu
25/02/2005, 8:32 AM
Pat Dolan has criticised the Eircom League and labelled Finn Harps director Derek Wilkinson "politically connected,"
That's a disgrace. You can't go around calling people things like that without offering any sort of proof. Dolan's rapidly making an idiot out of himself.

"Last year we got a bum deal from the fixtures and nobody gave two hoots. It's pretty predictable and that's a fact."
Does anyone know how yez got a "bum deal" last year? There were four rounds of games, so no complaints on that side. Youz had a home game to finish, while Shels had an away game, so no grounds for complaint (however minor and petty) there. What's he referring to? Or is he just ranting again?

Roo69
25/02/2005, 8:51 AM
Jesus what is Dolan on about ? He's starting to make a Wenger out of himself here - "the whole world againist me syndrom thingy". Very harsh and STUPID comments about Derek Wilkinson and Finn Haprs. As one of ya said, sure what difference does it make were you play your 1st game ? It has to be played at some stage in the season, he would probably have been moaning if they had to travel up there one the last day of the season or after an away leg of a european tie. I wonder if he would have put the same argument up if Harps had to travel down on the opening day ?

corkharps
25/02/2005, 9:45 AM
Storm in a 'D' cup! :D

pete
25/02/2005, 10:44 AM
Dolan needs to pick his battles. Constant moaning does no one any good. I know he likes to create an us against them attitude in his teams but ffs Pat give it a rest.

dcfcsteve
25/02/2005, 5:21 PM
I think Dolan's starting to loose it...

I've always liked the man - he's one of the League's most passionate advocates. But he needs to catch himself on here. Will end-up having everyone dislike him shortly, and then they WILL have a grudge against Cork....

Kerry Blue
25/02/2005, 7:38 PM
I think Dolan's definitely losing it and the league hasn't even started yet. He'll go nuts altogether if Cork start losing a few games. The way he's going he won't be happy until Cork play all their games at Turner's Cross, and even then he'll probably have something else to complain about! :rolleyes: