PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton and Maldini

Pages : [1] 2

Éanna
24/02/2005, 10:41 PM
Was watching the Milan game last night, Maldini on the ball, and he hit a nice pass with his right foot, and George Hamilton came out with the single most ridiculous comment I've ever heard from a commentator or his standing- "ah, so he does have a right foot" (or words to that effect) I expected more from George. Surely even your average bar-stooler knows that Maldini is right footed :rolleyes:

eirebhoy
24/02/2005, 11:02 PM
Maldini is left footed, is he not?

Éanna
24/02/2005, 11:10 PM
:eek: Maldini? No, he's right footed. very left foot, but his right foot is his better foot. thought most football fans knew that. Especially amazes at George Hamilton- its like saying Denis Irwin was left footed :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
24/02/2005, 11:17 PM
He's probably taking the píss tbf, I'd imagine so anyway.

Éanna
24/02/2005, 11:22 PM
He's probably taking the píss tbf, I'd imagine so anyway.
you'd bloody well hope so

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 11:26 PM
It was not the first mistake that George Hamilton ever made on television and it won't be his last either. :p

The Donie Forde
25/02/2005, 8:46 AM
It was not the first mistake that George Hamilton ever made on television and it won't be his last either. :p

The Baggio brothers in the World Cup final STILL being his best, IMHO :)

Donie

Roo69
25/02/2005, 8:56 AM
Was watching the Milan game last night, Maldini on the ball, and he hit a nice pass with his right foot, and George Hamilton came out with the single most ridiculous comment I've ever heard from a commentator or his standing- "ah, so he does have a right foot" (or words to that effect) I expected more from George. Surely even your average bar-stooler knows that Maldini is right footed :rolleyes:

Did anyone hear his bit about Costacurta when he came on ?

drinkfeckarse
25/02/2005, 9:00 AM
:eek: Maldini? No, he's right footed. very left foot, but his right foot is his better foot. thought most football fans knew that

I didn't know that and I like to think I'm at the top end of the knowledge scale when it comes to football stuff ;)

Knew he was equally comfortable on both feet but I always assumed his left was his preferred foot from watching him in his early years as a left back with Milan.

Aldini98
25/02/2005, 10:11 AM
Hamilton is a complete ****, he never played the game and its obvious from his comments. I met him on the DART years ago and ripped into him for the Baggio brothers comment and his "three points for Ireland" after we went one up against Austria at home (then stuffed 1-3), my girlfriend at the time had to tell me to shut up and leave him alone.

Anyway, hes not even Irish !!!!

pete
25/02/2005, 10:49 AM
I didn't know maldine was right footed but he wouldn't have survived at the top end of world football for 20 odd years being able to kick with just 1 foot.

However bad he is at football his rugby commentary is so bad I have to listen to jingoistic BBC commentary on english games.

monutdfc
25/02/2005, 11:34 AM
He actually played rugby - was full-back on the Methody school's cup team (by his own admission they didn't have a very good team that year).

elroy
25/02/2005, 1:07 PM
Gotta defend George here, he is human after all, we all make mistakes.
Think he is quite a good commentator, i would rate himself, Clive Tylddesey(however u spell it) and Martin Tyler as the best

wws
25/02/2005, 1:28 PM
i was watchinn the chelsea game - with united game on behind me i could still catch george uttering the immortal words about the UNITED COMEBACK V BAYERN

FFS MAN LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE NOT WON A TWO LEGGED CL TIE IN THE KNOCKOUT STAGES SINCE THAT WIN*

well they did against DEpor but even fcking shels could draw with them so they dnt count.....

FACT!

TheJamaicanP.M.
25/02/2005, 8:18 PM

Would you mind explaining to me why he is not Irish?? As far as I'm concerned, he is Irish. He probably doesnt match your sectarian ideal of what is Irish. As elroy said, he is a human-being and makes mistakes. In my opinion, he is a great commentator. I grew up listening to him commentate on Ireland games and CL games. I would also agree with elroy that Martin Tyler is a great commentator.

To be honest Aldini, I have little time for bigots like you. How you have a girlfriend is beyond me. I can only assume that you were getting the DART to the Northside the day you met George, because I'd hate to think you come from the Southside.

Slash/ED
25/02/2005, 8:22 PM
I can only assume that you were getting the DART to the Northside the day you met George, because I'd hate to think you come from the Southside.

What has that got to do with anything ffs?

SÓC
25/02/2005, 8:24 PM

Humm I always though people born in Ireland or born to an Irish family were Irish?

What is Irish so? Do you have to be able to speak fluent Irish to be real Irish

J-PM you dont have much time for DNS do ya?:D

TheJamaicanP.M.
25/02/2005, 8:27 PM
What has that got to do with anything ffs?

That's a long-running joke of mine, except I'm not sure its much of a joke. :D Lets be fair, I'd say you even know that Aldini probably wears a Celtic jersey everywhere and is the type of person we only see on the Southside when Ireland are playing a friendly game against crap opposition. :D

ollie
25/02/2005, 10:17 PM
The Baggio brothers in the World Cup final STILL being his best, IMHO :)

Donie

i think his best is the rabbit in the head lights one with man utd and real madrid.or the "the manager is pulling him off".Whatever you can say about him he's entertaining.

Kerry Blue
26/02/2005, 5:34 PM
I was listening to Live After 5 on Today FM this afternoon and I heard a comment that reminded me of this thread. It concerned Brian Hamilton, no relation to his brother George :) .(He was too busy losing the run of himself at the Stade de France watching Wales' marvellous come back over France). Anyway, Michael McMullen asked Brian Hamilton who he thought would win the Champions League this year. After mentioning several clubs like Milan, Juve, Barca, Real, Bayern etc., he eventually said that the team that would win it would be from either Italy, Spain or England. Fair play to him for narrowing it down to just 9 clubs. I hope his arse isn't sore from sitting on that fence. Unfortunately his comment came at the end of the programme so there wasn't time to ring in with a comment. Some expert to have! :rolleyes: You'd think he could at least have picked 1 club. I'm sure if they didn't win nobody would ever have remembered his prediction anyway.

harry crumb
27/02/2005, 12:09 AM
I noticed that as well. Hes a crowd pleaser all right.

Anybody notice the harsh commentary from George when Carroll made the mistake. It was something like "Calamity Carroll strikes again"

Harsh!

onenilgameover
27/02/2005, 3:59 AM
George is entertaining as hell and thats the end of it....We all get things wrong. Questioning his Irishness is silly..I've heard it done before people think they have one up on because they rekcon they have a piece of info that you don't know that iill shock ye. Here's one of his finest metorphorical outbursts Ireland v Swiss 2003...

"The flags are waving, and no doubt at the foot of the Alps, the cow bells are chiming too. And it's going to take a lot for Ireland to turn it round and sour the chocolate."

eirebhoy
27/02/2005, 8:50 AM
I just remembered. When Ireland played Georgia in Lansdowne Hamilton was talking about Kaladze. "He must be good, he plays for AC Milan". :rolleyes:

I really don't know how people think Hamilton is anything but a bad commentator. I can't even watch a match on RTE anymore with him commentating.

Aldini98
28/02/2005, 9:41 AM
That's a long-running joke of mine, except I'm not sure its much of a joke. :D Lets be fair, I'd say you even know that Aldini probably wears a Celtic jersey everywhere and is the type of person we only see on the Southside when Ireland are playing a friendly game against crap opposition. :D

Listen you idiot, Im from the southside not that it matters, and George is from the North where, I last checked, they use STERLING and the British government provides the infrastructure, etc.
check out dangerhere.com for a list of Hamiltons inability to commentate (after taking your head out from your own ******* that is)

Macy
28/02/2005, 9:53 AM
George Hamilton is a dick, and an extremely unfunny dick if his appearance on the panel is anything to go by.

I especially hate him commentating on Rugby, when he clearly know's fook all - I mean he can hear the ref and yet still makes up what the decision was for (if it wasn't obvious from watching the game).

You'd have to wonder what his problem is with Carroll as well after last week, whether Carroll is from the "wrong side of the tracks" as far as he's concerned.

His commentary on football and rugby is enough to drive me to the English channels where ever possible.

wws
28/02/2005, 9:55 AM
i thought carroll and hamilton were from the wrong side of the tracks - or are you just questioning his sexuality??? :D

Macy
28/02/2005, 10:01 AM
i thought carroll and hamilton were from the wrong side of the tracks - or are you just questioning his sexuality??? :D
Hamilton's or Carroll's? Hamilton's for the moment, but Carroll's if refuses the new contract (afterall he was a bit limp wristed on Wednesday night). Besides if United must have an average keeper, I'd far prefer one that has the potential comedy value of Tourettes for post match interviews....

Aldini98
28/02/2005, 10:13 AM
George Hamilton is a dick, and an extremely unfunny dick if his appearance on the panel is anything to go by.

I especially hate him commentating on Rugby, when he clearly know's fook all - I mean he can hear the ref and yet still makes up what the decision was for (if it wasn't obvious from watching the game).

You'd have to wonder what his problem is with Carroll as well after last week, whether Carroll is from the "wrong side of the tracks" as far as he's concerned.

His commentary on football and rugby is enough to drive me to the English channels where ever possible.

Nice one Macy

Bluebeard
28/02/2005, 10:46 AM
The only (and I mean only) redeeming feature that George Hamilton has as a commentator for RTE at all, comes during the World Cup, on the basis of the fact that at least he is not Ger Canning.

pete
28/02/2005, 10:53 AM
Ger Canning woeful at football commentary - always using GAA phrases like centre field etc...

Even worse again is Marty Morrisey on anything that isn't GAA. I think RTE have used him to voice over highlights of Olympics, Football & more recently rugby... :rolleyes:

Éanna
28/02/2005, 10:56 AM
You always know a GAA commentator who's commentating on another sport, because they can't resist the opportunity to talk about some player's father/grandfather/uncle/brother and also mention the groundsman, how long he's been there and what a great job he does :D

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 12:30 AM
A couple more George Hamilton classics. He once said that Ireland played Latvia in Tirana. Tirana is the capital of Albania; Riga is the capital of Latvia. Remember the friendly between Ireland and Holland in Tilburg in 1994. Holland had a full back by the name of Stan Valcx. Hamilton called him Stan Bo**ocks. There is a Liechtenstein footballer called Mario Frick, and Hamilton called him Mario *****.

Thunderblaster
26/03/2005, 9:05 AM
All set for another George "It's There" Hamilton blooper this evening!! Keep your ears open.

Kerry Blue
26/03/2005, 4:47 PM
As long as we don't hear 'Danger Here!' I'll be happy. :D
Ooops! Game's just about to start.
C'mon Ireland!!!!!!

Thunderblaster
27/03/2005, 2:03 AM
First half; ball is knocked out for a throw in. Hamilton called it an Israeli free kick.
Second half; Suat gets booked for a tackle. Hamilton called him Benayoun.
First half; Hamilton declares to the masses that the Israel fans are quiet. If it was the other ways around, Hamilton would not have being able to see the pitch with the flags. Then again, he is only 5'0".
Israeli TV must have had amateurs broadcasting the game. The camera angles were dreadful. Shay Given's save from the free kick in the first half was missed by some dozy eejit. For Israel's equaliser, Hamilton let a short, sharp scream, as if he was going to keel over with a massive heart attack. There should be an archive on the George Hamilton All Time Blunders recorded for RTE television. :(

Kerry Blue
27/03/2005, 5:16 PM
There should be an archive on the George Hamilton All Time Blunders recorded for RTE television. :(
RTE wouldn't have the room to store them all! :D The clown completely missed Morrison's goal. Clinton was off celebrating before Hamilton realised what was going on. He was too busy talking about the 'green carpet'. Probably trying to get a dig at Dalymount Park's sand pitch he kept referring to during the Bohs/Rovers match last Friday week.

gustavo
27/03/2005, 9:14 PM
Israeli TV must have had amateurs broadcasting the game. :(

i think you will find those amateurs were RTÉ !

thejollyrodger
27/03/2005, 9:54 PM
RTE muppets werent in control of the cameras were they ??

It is one of the worst international football matches I have ever seen live.

AmenToThat
29/03/2005, 4:28 AM

Your calling him a bogot when you come out with comment like. :rolleyes:

What a muppet.

Aldini98
31/03/2005, 11:47 AM
Did anyone hear his pronunciation of Roman Abramovich on Saturday> It was something like Rooman A-bro-haim-a-vic, hes a **** !!!!!
He always tries to ad lib and f**ks it up.

Hibs4Ever
31/03/2005, 11:57 AM
Listen you idiot, Im from the southside not that it matters, and George is from the North where, I last checked, they use STERLING and the British government provides the infrastructure, etc.
check out dangerhere.com for a list of Hamiltons inability to commentate (after taking your head out from your own ******* that is)

Let me get this. Are you saying that EVERYONE in the North of Ireland has no right to call themselves Irish :confused:

Don Vito
31/03/2005, 12:09 PM

You really are a knob Aldini.

Aldini98
31/03/2005, 1:23 PM

Yeah Don Vito, of course I am. Ever try using your brain? :rolleyes:

Thunderblaster
14/04/2005, 10:43 PM
Hamilton was up to his claptrap again last night. :eek: Not only he was up to his usual "danger here" quote; on Lillian Thuram, he called him French or formerly French. I thought that if you were once French, you were always French. :confused: As for Luis Garcia, we had to endure some crap waffle about him being a Spanish student in Ballybrack, Dublin. :( People tune into football matches to watch them and cheer on a team, not to listen to drivel on player's biographies. :mad:

pete
14/04/2005, 10:59 PM
Hamilton can be bad enough on his own but when combined with Jim Beglin is as i said just too 'Dumb 'n Dumber' for me.

:eek:

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 12:25 AM

I second that. :rolleyes:

Aldini98
15/04/2005, 12:14 PM
I second that. :rolleyes:

Course you do, You'd second anything really....... now roll over and play dead !!!!!

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 1:43 PM
Course you do, You'd second anything really....... now roll over and play dead !!!!!

No comprendo, knobiendo! :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
16/04/2005, 10:32 AM
No comprendo, knobiendo! :D

Kerr's tribe, you're dead right, as is Don Vito. Aldini is a pure knob. I really have no time for skangers.

CollegeTillIDie
16/04/2005, 10:37 AM
Let me get this. Are you saying that EVERYONE in the North of Ireland has no right to call themselves Irish :confused:

Point of information... It doesn't matter what anyone says...they are all Irish it is in Bunreacht na hEireann , the second last amendment as I recall .