PDA

View Full Version : Clare District League 2017/18

old git
18/07/2017, 8:04 PM
Well the new season nearly upon us but controversy already

looks like the new rule 14 agreed at AGM has been broken already

The following rules changes were made:
New Rule 14:
Clubs in membership of the LEAGUE and desiring to continue membership must make application in writing on official form (supplied by the LEAGUE) to the Secretary not later than July 15th in each year, and submit a copy of their club constitution and regulations by which their members are bound. Non-compliance with this provision will be deemed as meaning that the club or clubs concerned do not seek re-admission. New clubs seeking admission to membership must similarly make an application in writing to the Secretary by the same date.

As per Clare league facebook page 16th July

Clare District Soccer League
July 16 at 10:33am ยท
The following clubs did not enter for the 2017/18 season:
Shannon Town
Sporting Ennistymon
Coole FC
Corofin Harps
Kilkishen Celtic
Manus Celtic
Rineanna Rovers
St Pats
West Clare FC
Burren Utd
If we don't hear from the above clubs by 2pm tomorrow they will not be included in fixtures for the 2017/18 season.

see below update ]

Update:
Shannon Town now entered
Rineanna Rovers now entered
Manus Celtic now entered
Coole FC now entered
Sporting Ennistymon now entered
St Pats now entered
Kilkishen Celtic now entered
Corofin Harps now entered

Not a good start to new Season and surely league could have contacted Named clubs before 15th july rather than posting on facebook .. Technically all updated entries are to late for this season as per the Rule and we all know Clare league do everthing by the rule book ;)

Treaty Gooner
18/07/2017, 9:31 PM
God I love junior football.

First
20/07/2017, 11:27 AM
Why would you pass a rule at your AGM and then proceed to tell everyone that you have broken your own rule?

Needless to say it would cause a lot more problems if you abided by the rule so I guess the flexibility is to allow clubs to get used to the new process.

old git
20/07/2017, 6:38 PM
Why would you pass a rule at your AGM and then proceed to tell everyone that you have broken your own rule?

Needless to say it would cause a lot more problems if you abided by the rule so I guess the flexibility is to allow clubs to get used to the new process.

What is the point of having rules then ??
the league seem to pick and choose what rules to be flexible on.
Clubs were given plenty of notice of new process and I am sure all the clubs were advised so no real excuse there
still cant figure out why the league would post the teams on facebook to highlight they had not entered on time though, Would it not make sense to contact clubs involved and advise them today was last day to register

Jofspring
20/07/2017, 10:57 PM
Must have worked because they a lot of teams in fairly fast after putting it up. If the clubs knew when they had to have it in by then there is no excuse really.