PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Republic 7/17/2017

Pages : [1] 2

A Wanderer
17/07/2017, 7:21 PM
The montage provided by Soccer Republic tonight provides an unbalanced and a misrepresentation of Bray wanderers supporters by a few people who think they have the moral high ground on issues involving the club

Olander
17/07/2017, 7:33 PM
Thanks for setting the record straight.

nigel-harps1954
17/07/2017, 8:03 PM
Christ...I keep forgetting to watch this at 6:30.

Why is it not promoted anywhere for this time?

WeAreRovers
17/07/2017, 9:28 PM
RTE social media channels promote it. Plenty of reminders on Twitter but point taken, will try to ensure we shout louder in future.

Neish
17/07/2017, 10:17 PM
The montage provided by Soccer Republic tonight provides an unbalanced and a misrepresentation of Bray wanderers supporters by a few people who think they have the moral high ground on issues involving the club

Explain how.

I don't know the ins and outs of the issues but what I heard on soccer republic echoes much of what I've heard & read from other Bray fans

Not saying your right or wrong just that if your saying its a misrepresentation by those who think they have a moral high ground you need to set the record straight

Mr A
17/07/2017, 10:19 PM
Maybe the other Bray fans really, really, really hate the O Connors and those guys were too moderate to represent them?

wonder88
17/07/2017, 11:24 PM
Sligo fans, Is that guy in from Halifax any good? the few clips from soccer republic seem to suggest that he might be a help in the relegation fight, I also realise he was playing against Drogheda. Anyway I wouldn't share Alan Cawley's assessments of both Sligo and Pats for the rest of the season. I expect at least 5 clubs still in the battle till last two rounds of matches.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/07/2017, 7:55 AM
Well that was the first time any of us had seen him. He was very good on Saturday alright but yes it was against Drogheda.

What did Cawley say?

wonder88
19/07/2017, 10:17 AM
Cawley feels that Drogheda are gone and that Pats will rapidly move up the table. Lets wait till after this weekends fixtures at least I think before being so sure. Drogheda have Pete Mahon who kept UCD up many seasons and rescued/put things in order at Pats few seasons back, so plenty experience in contrast to others in relegation fight.

ciaraa
19/07/2017, 10:24 AM
Cawley feels that Drogheda are gone

There is hope yet so.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/07/2017, 10:32 AM
If I was to call it at the moment I would say ourselves, Galway and Drogs would be going down but a win for anyone down there changes everything.

LK37oldskool
22/08/2017, 5:41 PM
Did i hear correct that SR is on at 7pm next week?

IsMiseSean
22/08/2017, 6:15 PM
Did i hear correct that SR is on at 7pm next week?

Yeah, Joanne Cantwell said at the end of the show Peter Collins would be back at 7pm next week.

outspoken
22/08/2017, 6:33 PM
Yeah, Joanne Cantwell said at the end of the show Peter Collins would be back at 7pm next week.

Hardly just the online version?

Philosophizer
22/08/2017, 8:12 PM
She said Peter Collins will be back at our new time of 7pm next week. Hopefully that means it's a permanent slot at 7pm.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/08/2017, 8:15 PM
On the Sky guide as on TV at 7 next Monday alright

nigel-harps1954
22/08/2017, 8:29 PM
Soccer Republic just announced it via social media there. New time slot on RTE Two from next week onwards.

oriel
22/08/2017, 10:00 PM
Perfect timing too with kids going back to school, the option was always there to record it and rte player, but nothing quite like watching it in real time at a decent time, just after evening meal etc.

Hopefully this sticks to 7pm now for all shows / seasons.

TonyD
22/08/2017, 10:42 PM
What do they have against Pats ? Rubbish coverage of our game at the weekend. Barely showed the goals, no other highlights and no manager interviews after the game, didn't even discuss it with the panel afterwards. Only game they did this to.

the-blue-harp
25/08/2017, 12:37 PM
What do they have against Pats ? Rubbish coverage of our game at the weekend. Barely showed the goals, no other highlights and no manager interviews after the game, didn't even discuss it with the panel afterwards. Only game they did this to.

Probably because you were playing us!

patrickccfc
25/08/2017, 1:19 PM
They didn't show the red card from our game with Sligo either

Philosophizer
28/08/2017, 6:16 PM
Thankfully they've got 3 of the more composed and articulate analysts on for the new 7pm slot.

Ezeikial
28/08/2017, 6:56 PM
Peter Collins is a gob****e

Philosophizer
28/08/2017, 7:00 PM
Peter Collins is a gob****e
He's not as bad as Sadlier. Why does Sadlier always feel the need to barge in and challenge another person's point of view. He did it again tonight when Collins asked Stuey Byrne about Cork...

bluewhitearmy
28/08/2017, 7:27 PM
He's not as bad as Sadlier. Why does Sadlier always feel the need to barge in and challenge another person's point of view. He did it again tonight when Collins asked Stuey Byrne about Cork...

Well in fairness I'd rather he jump in than let Byrne ramble on with the nonsense he was spouting.

gufcfan
28/08/2017, 7:28 PM

He can do one. He participated in the PrimeTime hatchet job (https://streamable.com/8cuv) on the schoolboy football / underage LOI shakeup.

I half suspect he just picked a side in that to be controversial.

Philosophizer
28/08/2017, 8:30 PM
He can do one. He participated in the PrimeTime hatchet job (https://streamable.com/8cuv) on the schoolboy football / underage LOI shakeup.

I half suspect he just picked a side in that to be controversial.

He seems like quite an intelligent and thoughtful guy, and he's certainly a lot more articulate than the likes of Johnny Mac and Dave Barry (neither of whom should be allowed anywhere near a TV studio), but he has a terrible habit of interrupting and almost talking down to others analysts. Even if the other person is talking ****e you shouldn't jump down their throats and try to prove them wrong on live bloody TV. It just comes across as a bit petty.

Mr A
29/08/2017, 11:04 AM
I liked Sadlier initially but I get the impression he has looked at the controversialist model of punditry, realised that's probably where the money / exposure / career prospects are and has gone that way.

ToberonaTornado
08/10/2017, 8:23 PM
Good news: on tonight(Sunday 11:05)
Bad news: dave barry is on it :(

bluewhitearmy
08/10/2017, 10:17 PM
That pitch at Harps is a disgrace.

joey B
08/10/2017, 10:34 PM
That pitch at Harps is a disgrace.

Yeah we know, it's built on a fu*king River, it doesn't stop raining, water has no were to go, we have no money to fix it, ya know spent it on trying to stay in the division(not going well), unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy like you! Change the record and go moan about something else.....

bluewhitearmy
08/10/2017, 10:39 PM
Yeah we know, it's built on a fu*king River, it doesn't stop raining, water has no were to go, we have no money to fix it, ya know spent it on trying to stay in the division(not going well), unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy like you! Change the record and go moan about something else.....

Oh boo hoo there are plenty of clubs that don't have money and are struggling too that don't have an utter embarrassment to the league like ye have. The pitch belongs where ye are hopefully headed.

osarusan
08/10/2017, 10:41 PM
Bray not letting RTE cameras in. WTF?

joey B
08/10/2017, 10:47 PM
Oh boo hoo there are plenty of clubs that don't have money and are struggling too that don't have an utter embarrassment to the league like ye have. The pitch belongs where ye are hopefully headed.

Get a life mate, Lord almighty!

WoodquayBoy
08/10/2017, 11:03 PM
So that's Drogheda and Bray relegated, just one place to fill so

bluewhitearmy
08/10/2017, 11:18 PM
Get a life mate, Lord almighty!

Coming from the lad getting so upset by the fact someone pointed out that your disgrace of a pitch is a disgrace. Ok then.

joey B
08/10/2017, 11:23 PM
Busy body with nothing better to do is all you are!!!

bluewhitearmy
08/10/2017, 11:28 PM
Busy body with nothing better to do is all you are!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/d2lcHJTG5Tscg/giphy.gifhttps://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/styles/marquee_large_2x/public/2016/07/07/jon-jones-crying-press-conference-doping.jpg

sbgawa
08/10/2017, 11:28 PM
Lads it's October it's ireland it's felippen donegal it's a heavy pitch lord save us.

Harps put paddy Mc on the pitch and give us ollie to boot , a sounder guy you couldn't meet and lots of us have given how much time he spends in the stands.

I'm calling that a bigger contribution to the league then most of the teams in the bottom half

bluewhitearmy
08/10/2017, 11:30 PM
Lads it's October it's ireland it's felippen donegal it's a heavy pitch lord save us.

Harps put paddy Mc on the pitch and give us ollie to boot , a sounder guy you couldn't meet and lots of us have given how much time he spends in the stands.

I'm calling that a bigger contribution to the league then most of the teams in the bottom half

Its more than a heavy pitch ffs did you actually see the thing.

joey B
08/10/2017, 11:31 PM

Its the end of the world according to some and they have to point it out over and over and over and over infinity again!!!

sbgawa
08/10/2017, 11:37 PM

Yes........it was a heavy pitch.......call it very heavy if you want but it wasn't like it was strewn with land mines and burnt out cars.

Straightstory
09/10/2017, 10:04 AM
Looked a bit like a ploughed field.

Mr A
09/10/2017, 10:26 AM
We're fighting for our lives and a heavy, narrow pitch was a bit of a leveller against Dundalk. Not enough as it turns out but hey ho. But I don't give a toss how it looked on TV. It already cost us thousands having the kick off moved and being televised, we're hardly going to make massive efforts to have it in great shape for the cameras to our own disadvantage.

White Horse
09/10/2017, 10:33 AM
I presume the "ploughed" look was down to the impact of the machinery used to cut the grass.

Finn Harps were within their rights to narrow the pitch. They cannot be blamed for the weather.

We have seen terrible pitches when there is no excuse for it. In this case, there is little that Finn Harps could have done about it.

redobit
10/10/2017, 2:34 PM

Ah stop. The Showgrounds is down the road. Its also a muck pitch and it's perfect.

Fair enough if Harps want to turn out a piece of crap, that's their business. But the time of year, geography and praying to a deity has nothing to do with.

Sam_Heggy
10/10/2017, 3:48 PM
Pitch doesn't exactly suit Harps either. Paddy McCourt, Mark Timlin, Caolan McAleer, Gareth Harkin, Eddie Dsane and co are not players who suit a physical match on a heavy pitch.
Although a far superior footballing side, Dundalk are also far superior physically too so if it comes to a battle, they can handle themselves there too.

Harps had a chance with Eddie Dsane to go one up, lord knows how he missed it.
Timlin had a shocking tackle that he should have been sent off for, seconds after Gartland got away with a 2 footed tackle.
Houstan was clearly fouled in the lead up to Dundalks corner which they scored from.
Harps had a big penalty shout at the end, shortly before Dundalk got their 2nd.... which was a lovely breakaway and finish

Loads of other things happened in the match from a footballing point of view but all people can focus on is a pitch which had torrential rain on it 2 days before the match (Donegal was the only county in Ireland to get that weather warning)

nigel-harps1954
10/10/2017, 5:11 PM
Ah stop. The Showgrounds is down the road. Its also a muck pitch and it's perfect.

Fair enough if Harps want to turn out a piece of crap, that's their business. But the time of year, geography and praying to a deity has nothing to do with.

The Showgrounds hasn't been under water twice this year. I think Finn Park has done remarkably well considering the weather it's faced over the past number of years.

Charlie Darwin
14/10/2017, 1:42 AM
They're getting a new ground but understandably there's nothing they can do about promises being broken to them by developers. I presume you have been to Jackman Park?

bluewhitearmy
14/10/2017, 1:48 AM
They're getting a new ground but understandably there's nothing they can do about promises being broken to them by developers. I presume you have been to Jackman Park?

Not once ever have I been to a game in Jackman and the pitch be as bad as that not one single time and the pitch there was awful. Jackman also has absolutely nothing at all to do with the state of the Harps pitch for that game but carry on.