PDA

View Full Version : Hibs are just like us

Éanna
24/02/2005, 4:00 PM
Was watching Sky Sports news a few minutes ago, and there was an interview with Tony Mowbray, the Hibs manager, talking about training facilities. Apparently they've had to train on school pitches etc without proper markings. His response was: its been difficult, but we'll just knuckle down, make the best of it and get on with it. Moaning about it doesn't do any good. Thats the kind of approach I would like to see.

thecorner
24/02/2005, 4:03 PM
who gives a fuk about hibs

Éanna
24/02/2005, 4:08 PM
who gives a fuk about hibs
Their players and their manager obviously do, not running off crying wolf all the time

pete
24/02/2005, 8:10 PM
If any of us went to the press bitching about work conditions we wouldn't get a warm welcome when returned to work.

If the players have problems they should nominate Dan Murray as cluib captain to bring these concerns to the club Management.

The one thing i'll say is the club made a big deal about advertising last season about the Rebel Army Business Deal thing in the programme etc... which was supposed to lead to attempts to build training facilities but nothing seems to have happened...

:confused:

Éanna
24/02/2005, 8:32 PM
If any of us went to the press bitching about work conditions we wouldn't get a warm welcome when returned to work.

If the players have problems they should nominate Dan Murray as cluib captain to bring these concerns to the club Management.

spot on

The one thing i'll say is the club made a big deal about advertising last season about the Rebel Army Business Deal thing in the programme etc... which was supposed to lead to attempts to build training facilities but nothing seems to have happened...
my guess is the interest wasn't there from cork businesses. :( The club should make some kind of statement on it though, its not helping when they stay quiet about important things like this

pete
24/02/2005, 8:58 PM
my guess is the interest wasn't there from cork businesses. :( The club should make some kind of statement on it though, its not helping when they stay quiet about important things like this

Bit stupid to be hyping the whole thing up if no solid interest from anyone...

Éanna
24/02/2005, 10:09 PM
Bit stupid to be hyping the whole thing up if no solid interest from anyone...
this is pure speculation on my part but:
they sounded some people out, got positive feedback. went public hoping that those they had sounded out would be joined by more, and that it would snowball. one or two big backer pulled out, and no-one else interested then. whole thing dies a death