First Division:

Friday-

Athlone Town v Cabinteeley FC
Shelbourne FC v Wexford FC

Saturday-

Cobh Ramblers v UCD 7:15pm
Longford Town v Waterford FC 7:30pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LOI COUPON- http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/today-league-ireland

wonder88
14/07/2017, 8:13 PM
In relegation battle, which is our concern in Galway, both games are level at 1 a piece. Pats have come back strongly according to Radio Foyle coverage. Come on Derry and Bohs

Nah Nah Nah Nah
14/07/2017, 8:32 PM
Unfortunately both Pats and Harps winning 2-1

wonder88
14/07/2017, 8:46 PM
Pats win, penalty award crucial. Harps also ahead. Not great news for other 3 in bottom 5.

sbgawa
14/07/2017, 9:04 PM
Huge 3 points for harps

total hoofball
14/07/2017, 9:32 PM
Great results tonight if you like relegation dogfights, Limerick and Bohs back looking over their shoulders tonight

sbgawa
14/07/2017, 9:40 PM
Limerick and bohs have to much about them to go down. Harps are starting to look good for escape.

total hoofball
14/07/2017, 9:46 PM
I've been impressed with Bohs this season but seen so often so how some teams hit momentum in latter part of season and some teams can go off it. Challenging run of 4 games ahead for both Bohs and Limerick both not safe yet. Think Pats have been under achieving this season with the squad they have so I can see them fighting out of it.

sbgawa
14/07/2017, 10:13 PM
Fair point

TonyD
14/07/2017, 10:15 PM
Think Pats have been under achieving this season with the squad they have so I can see them fighting out of it.

We've certainly under achieved. Tonight could be a turning point, with a bit of luck. We were a lot better than we have been. We've a run of 4 games now where we need to get at least 9/10 points.

patsdad
14/07/2017, 11:12 PM
Limerick and Bohs may be about to find themselves knee deep in the relegation battle. If Bray's results are expunged they both lose 6 points.

Finlay Harp
14/07/2017, 11:37 PM
Harps really played well tonight and deserved the win. Refereeing was diabolical at times!

joey B
15/07/2017, 12:06 AM
Only got the second half tonight but it was enjoyable enough fare and felt we were more than worth the win played to hit Bohs on the break and did it quite well,Ref was atrocious ,McAleer running through the last man literally kicks him up in the air and the ref pulls it back for something in midfield ,some very strange officiating tonight .

nigel-harps1954
15/07/2017, 12:48 AM
I've seen some really brutal referee performances, but tonight really takes the biscuit.

Jofspring
15/07/2017, 8:24 AM
Depends what way we look at it.

Glass half full - we haven't lost ground on Derry and it keeps us ahead of Bohs with the same games played.

Glass half empty - it has brought Harps and St.Pats three points closer to dragging us into relegation.

placid casual
15/07/2017, 11:06 AM
Very important 3 points for both Harps & Pats.
Has the Killian Brennan effect(??) Kicked in. He always seemed happiest in inchicore.

SeanDrog
15/07/2017, 8:00 PM
OMG we scored!!!! Drogs one up - new signing Russel .... we actually scored !!! Like a real goal .... a real one I tell ya!

Sligo 0-1 drogs

SeanDrog
15/07/2017, 8:06 PM
1-1 now. They may take away our win but they can never take away our goal ... a goal! :)

SeanDrog
15/07/2017, 8:41 PM
All over 1-1.

pineapple stu
15/07/2017, 9:05 PM
Load of dreck in Cobh. Two poor teams who had trouble making basic passes.

Poor ref too; never once played advantage for offside, which is a pet hate of mine. He also let us away with taking a free kick for offside ten yards into Cobh's half.

Comic Book Guy
15/07/2017, 10:25 PM
Game lacked quality but a badly depleted Ramblers team worked their socks off for the win. I think we were missing 5 through injury and suspension. We had no recognised forward tonight.

sullanefc
16/07/2017, 5:43 PM
Bray 0-2 City. 15 points clear. 1 game in hand.

rebel
16/07/2017, 10:01 PM
How many points do City need to win the title (providing Dundalk win all thier remaining games)?

CorribsideSteve
16/07/2017, 10:15 PM
Dundalk, with 14 games to play, mathematically could still end up on 88 points, providing they win ALL their remaining games. Cork have 15 to play, and being on 61 pts already, would only need 28 pts from a possible 45. So 9 wins from 15, but as good as Dundalk are, if they even drop 6 pts between now and season's end, Cork might end up being one of the (if not THE) fastest in History to a win an LOI Title.

El-Pietro
16/07/2017, 10:22 PM
19 more points

Charlie Darwin
17/07/2017, 1:28 AM
Load of dreck in Cobh. Two poor teams who had trouble making basic passes.

Poor ref too; never once played advantage for offside, which is a pet hate of mine. He also let us away with taking a free kick for offside ten yards into Cobh's half.
Mlada Boleslav almost got away with the exact same thing in Tallaght on Thursday, then the ref gave Gary Shaw a telling off for picking the ball up and bringing it back to their half. I don't mind free kicks for fouls being taken a bit forward, especially when they're kicked backwards, but that made no sense.

dejadem
17/07/2017, 8:59 AM
Mlada Boleslav almost got away with the exact same thing in Tallaght on Thursday, then the ref gave Gary Shaw a telling off for picking the ball up and bringing it back to their half. I don't mind free kicks for fouls being taken a bit forward, especially when they're kicked backwards, but that made no sense.

There was a change in the rule, the free kick can be taken from where the offside player receives the ball, including if it is in the player’s own half.

pineapple stu
17/07/2017, 10:05 AM
That's a good point actually; I'd forgotten about that.

The ref in Cobh was still poor though. When he gave us the free for offside in their half, we had possession (the offside guy's touch was poor) and had just played a pass forward to the edge of their box. Never played the advantage once all game.

oriel
17/07/2017, 12:41 PM
19 more points

It will be remarkable if Cork win it in September, it is possible though, however I think it will be early October when they win it, and although the lead is still obviously significant, I think Dundalk will reduce it by the final day. The biggest margin between the two was the 11 point lead Dundalk finished with in 2015. This was 7 points last year, probably even more impressive due to the CL group participation, the 2014 margin was 2 points.

Any team winning it in double figures is impressive though, that's actually a good question, how many times that was achieved in the history of the league?

micls
17/07/2017, 1:00 PM
It will be remarkable if Cork win it in September, it is possible though, however I think it will be early October when they win it, and although the lead is still obviously significant, I think Dundalk will reduce it by the final day. The biggest margin between the two was the 11 point lead Dundalk finished with in 2015. This was 7 points last year, probably even more impressive due to the CL group participation, the 2014 margin was 2 points.

Any team winning it in double figures is impressive though, that's actually a good question, how many times that was achieved in the history of the league?

If we do tie it up early then it's likely we'd drop some points after that so the final lead probably wouldn't be as big. Obviously a lot will depend on how we respond to losing Seani.

El-Pietro
17/07/2017, 1:24 PM
If we do tie it up early then it's likely we'd drop some points after that so the final lead probably wouldn't be as big. Obviously a lot will depend on how we respond to losing Seani.

We need to learn how to play without him after this week. That will be difficult. Something that no one has paid attention to is that our current winning streak is 8 games. We've done that twice before in our history I think, 1998 and this season.

Real ale Madrid
17/07/2017, 1:29 PM
I can see Dooley, Sadlier and Shep heading out for the next few league games with - "they all think we are a one man team boys" ringing in their ears...... will be interesting to see the reaction.

El-Pietro
17/07/2017, 1:48 PM
I hope that's the case, and it seems likely that Shep moves up top with Sadlier and Dooley alongside him. I worry though that Shep isn't the finisher we need in that position and moving him from a position he has had so much success in could disrupt his form. Saying that, taking Seani out will most likely disrupt everyone's form. Shep seems to have an uncanny knack of getting the ball into the space Sean is about to occupy, almost as if they are communicating telepathically.

PartySaint
17/07/2017, 1:50 PM
If Cork are still unbeaten when they win the league they mightn't take their foot off the gas too much to try and complete the unbeaten season. Has it ever been done before?

El-Pietro
17/07/2017, 3:54 PM
If Cork are still unbeaten when they win the league they mightn't take their foot off the gas too much to try and complete the unbeaten season. Has it ever been done before?

If we can maintain our unbeaten run that long then perhaps. I think we will struggle in the next few weeks though and might lose a game before it's complete. Our squad is currently really thin.

bluemovie
17/07/2017, 4:23 PM
Waterford need 18 more points but if we beat Cobh at home this Friday, it'll be down to 12 with 7 games left. Cobh really have to win on Friday.

Trevor Carey
17/07/2017, 4:45 PM
Dundalk, with 14 games to play, mathematically could still end up on 88 points, providing they win ALL their remaining games. Cork have 15 to play, and being on 61 pts already, would only need 28 pts from a possible 45. So 9 wins from 15, but as good as Dundalk are, if they even drop 6 pts between now and season's end, Cork might end up being one of the (if not THE) fastest in History to a win an LOI Title.

That's all wrong. Dundalk have 11 league games left, Cork City have 12 league games left. It's more or less one series of games left.

sidewayspasser
17/07/2017, 4:48 PM
I can see Dooley, Sadlier and Shep heading out for the next few league games
I hope it's those three and not two of them plus Campion.

nigel-harps1954
17/07/2017, 8:06 PM
Reading other club forums around the time they play Harps is something I like to do.

Reading the Bohs forum since the weekend has just been a source of comedy gold for some fans reactions to Harps.

I hope they get relegated now. The reaction to that would probably open up a black hole the length of the Navan Road.