PDA

View Full Version : Shels game moved

pineapple stu
24/02/2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry about the new thread - just wanted to ensure people saw this!

From eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/ucd/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=16175)

Shelbourne’s opening game in the defence of their eircom League title, against newly-promoted UCD at Tolka Park, is set to be brought forward 48 hours at the request of the champions – a move which would make the Premier Division game the sole curtain-raiser of the entire eircom League campaign.

The Shels-UCD game is one of four eircom League Premier Division ties pencilled in for Friday night, March 18th.

However, it appears likely that the league will agree to switch the game to Wednesday, March 16th – the eve of St Patrick’s Day – as UCD are said to have no objection to the change.

For shorter version, read the bits in bold!

So the season won't be starting 15 minutes early after all, Schumi! :)

thecorner
24/02/2005, 12:47 PM
surprise surprise

the shels have spoken already....let the league bow

pineapple stu
24/02/2005, 12:49 PM
Eh? Do you know why they moved? Could have been perfectly reasonable - especially as we've agreed without any problem. Didn't see you whining when we moved our kick-off time for Cork City a couple of years ago... :rolleyes:

Schumi
24/02/2005, 12:54 PM
So the season won't be starting 15 minutes early after all, Schumi! :)
won't be starting 15 minutes late I assume you mean :p

Seems a strange decision but I'm not complaining. Maybe it's down to their Setanta Cup game the next Tuesday. :confused: Gives us a chance to go top at least. :D

pineapple stu
24/02/2005, 1:03 PM
Gives us a chance to go top at least. :D
I was going to say that, but didn't want to jinx things! I'd settle for going into Friday joint second!

Schumi
24/02/2005, 1:04 PM
I'd settle for going into Friday joint second!
Don't think that's possible! Joint first perhaps.

pineapple stu
24/02/2005, 1:05 PM
Don't think that's possible! Joint first perhaps.
Jayz, I'm getting good at this! :rolleyes:

I meant second. On alphabetical order.

Slash/ED
24/02/2005, 2:28 PM
surprise surprise

the shels have spoken already....let the league bow

It's a conspiracy. This early kick off will ensure Cork City get screwed over and wont win the league because we're all against Cork, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Bald Student
24/02/2005, 2:41 PM
I wonder if it'll be on the telly now that it doesn't clash with the lesser Dublin Derby on Friday.

Hibs4Ever
24/02/2005, 2:43 PM
It's a conspiracy. This early kick off will ensure Cork City get screwed over and wont win the league because we're all against Cork, and there's nothing you can do about it.

:D :D :D :D

Schumi
24/02/2005, 2:48 PM
That Ollie Byrne's an evil genius!

CollegeTillIDie
24/02/2005, 7:02 PM
The game has been switched to give the Bohs V Rovers live game on TV a clear run and hopefully it will also mean that some of the Bohs and Rovers fans who have adopted both U.C.D. and Shels as a second team to look at might crawl out of the woodwork and attend the game too. We need as many big crowds at as many games as possible this season .

Now from a personal point of view I am gutted about the switch . Because
that's me screwed for getting to the game. I will still be in South America on the 16th :(

Poor Student
24/02/2005, 7:26 PM
Makes no odds to me I won't be in the country either day. I guess it gives us an opportunity to top the table. :cool:

pineapple stu
25/02/2005, 12:16 AM
The game has been switched to give the Bohs V Rovers live game on TV a clear run
That can't be right...? Or if it is, it's a bit worrying. Just when we finally get most of the teams playing on the same day, suddenly we start having matches moved because of TV?

In any case, how does that fit in with the reported situation of Shels asking us if it was OK to change?