Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team
3:44:06

Daniel Martin (Irl) Quick-Step Floors
0:00:16

Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky
0:00:20

Richie Porte (Aus) BMC Racing Team

Wow and it all formatted correctly.

I was fishing for his chances, he finished 9th last year, previous best was 33rd so that was an improvement, so I
will be keeping an eye on the results, I think he may do as well as Trump and Leicester City perhaps?

Real ale Madrid
05/07/2017, 10:51 PM
Outside chance of podium (top 3) imo, no chance to win barring injury to stop guys. Looks in top form. Has a chance to bag a mountain stage in this form certainly.

tricky_colour
05/07/2017, 11:48 PM
Outside chance of podium (top 3) imo, no chance to win barring injury to stop guys. Looks in top form. Has a chance to bag a mountain stage in this form certainly.

We shall see, hope he stays in the running, will make it interesting from an Irish point of view, as I say, his best result last year
so I am hoping he has improved again.

Stuttgart88
10/07/2017, 12:48 PM
Very unlucky yesterday, taken out by Porte after his crash, then his neutral bike had a brake failure (or was it his neutral wheel was incompatible with his own brakes?). It seems unfair to me that Froome's rivals have to wait if Froome has a problem but Froome can fcuk off ahead when his rivals have a problem. Froome knew there was a crash just behind him. I don't see how etiquette demands nobody attacks yellow if he has an issue outside his control, yet yellow can attack whenever he wants.

tricky_colour
13/07/2017, 5:15 PM
Interesting race today Froome lost the Yellow Jersey he is still right up there, Martin moves up to 5th.

I think he lost about 1.19 on the crash stage, if you deduct 1.19 to his current time he would be joint 3rd by my reckoning.

I am guessing at the time lost though but he certainly could have done with out it.

It is these mountain stages that tend so sort things out a bit, as opposed to all when every finishes in one big bunch.

CraftyToePoke
13/07/2017, 11:43 PM
Very unlucky yesterday, taken out by Porte after his crash, then his neutral bike had a brake failure (or was it his neutral wheel was incompatible with his own brakes?). It seems unfair to me that Froome's rivals have to wait if Froome has a problem but Froome can fcuk off ahead when his rivals have a problem. Froome knew there was a crash just behind him. I don't see how etiquette demands nobody attacks yellow if he has an issue outside his control, yet yellow can attack whenever he wants.

That the case ? Never knew that, I only become aware of cycling for a week or three once a year. Awful rule.

This - http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2017/us/stage-12/classifications.html - is handy for a quick info shot each day. Roche is running 38th and almost 50 minutes down presently.

Mr A
16/07/2017, 11:11 PM
According to this Martin would lead if it had not been for the time lost on the day of the crash: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan-martin-every-second-counts-at-the-tour-de-france/

All things considered a massive performance so far.

6th for Roche today, was hoping for better when I saw he was in the break.

Real ale Madrid
17/07/2017, 8:01 AM
The highlight of the tour for me as always has been Sean Kelly's pronunciation of French words and his feelings on the General classemint.

Mr A
18/07/2017, 3:50 PM
Bad day for Martin. Maybe he looks for a team that will support him at a Grand Tour. Hard to blame Quickstep for focussing on Kittel given 5 stage wins though.

tricky_colour
19/07/2017, 11:14 AM
Yes was a bad a day as it could be for Dan and the quick step team.

More trouble today the Quick step point leader Martin Kittel had a bad crash and other team members affected.

I have not seen Dan yet.

Ominous!

tricky_colour
19/07/2017, 11:37 AM
I think I just spotted Dan. :) (not 100%) Was a Quick step, the number looked like a 105 there was also a clear 102. (Jack Bauer).

the 12 th man
19/07/2017, 11:45 AM
I think Dan is there alright,Kittel looks a gonner with that ice pack on his shoulder and those 3 climbs to come.

the 12 th man
19/07/2017, 1:37 PM
Kittel out of race.

BonnieShels
20/07/2017, 3:26 PM
Kittel out of race.

Raging in a sense because of all the tie the team wasted on him now instead of Dan. But FFS.

the 12 th man
24/07/2017, 1:37 PM
The highlight of the tour for me as always has been Sean Kelly's pronunciation of French words and his feelings on the General classemint.

Pelo-tone... :D