PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Ennis

Colbert Report
23/02/2005, 1:35 PM
Anyone know what happened to this guy? Was he released halfway through the season last year? Is he signed for this year with any club, or is he playing gaelic football for Kildare? Thanks.

Maynard
23/02/2005, 5:25 PM
My understanding is that he was released last season due to breach of contract. Last I heard he was playing under 21 Gaelic Football for Kildare and doing fairly well (knocked Dublin out of the Leinster Championship in a replay) I'd be fairly certain he will not be playing EL football this season.

Sheridan
23/02/2005, 5:56 PM
The aptly named P.Ennis (apologies if you're a relative or something, btw, but he really did himself no favours on or off the field during his time at DC) was indeed released in the circumstances described by Maynard. No loss to the league, he was the worst player I have ever seen in eL football, and I don't say that lightly.

Colbert Report
24/02/2005, 1:38 AM
No need to apologize, I had heard he had a terrible season. I'm not a relative or anything, I just went to school with him when I was very young. He was an absolutely amazing player back then, I moved overseas and lost contact. I had heard from a teacher that he picked up glandular fever or something while playing for the Irish u18 team in eastern Europe, and apparently wasn't the same when he got better. What do you mean, actions on and off the field? When I knew him he was not an aggressive person in any way, mind you that was ten years ago.

Sheridan
24/02/2005, 2:23 AM
No need to apologize, I had heard he had a terrible season. I'm not a relative or anything, I just went to school with him when I was very young. He was an absolutely amazing player back then, I moved overseas and lost contact. I had heard from a teacher that he picked up glandular fever or something while playing for the Irish u18 team in eastern Europe, and apparently wasn't the same when he got better. What do you mean, actions on and off the field? When I knew him he was not an aggressive person in any way, mind you that was ten years ago.
Thanks for the explanation, I often wondered how the guy could have won a contract with Aston Villa and become a regular in the underage international set-up based on his performances for City. Seems he never recovered from a tough break, like a plethora of promising youngsters before him. As for his actions on and off the field, I wasn't referring to any kind of aggression (something, in fact, that was singularly lacking from his game) - more his general ineptitude on the field, and the fact that he went AWOL to play GAA instead of lining out for our Under-21s (or so the rumour goes, anyway.)

Colbert Report
24/02/2005, 2:31 AM
Ah, I see. Yes he was a good gaelic footballer and an absolutely amazing football player. His brother Karl had played for the Kildare team as well, I think. I'm not much of a player myself but I love the game and I've been in many beer leagues throughout North America, and nobody I've seen has been anywhere near the level that this guy was at when I knew him. It was embarassing how good he was, in fact, and I always expected him to line up for any team he wanted in the Premiership - he was a big Villa fan. So you can't see him playing in the Irish league, not even in the first division, again?

Sheridan
24/02/2005, 2:38 AM
We were involved in a three-way race to sign him at the beginning of last season, Kildare County FC and the Kildare gaelic football team being the other parties. The manager of the Kildare GAA side said he was willing to invite Pierre onto their panel, but only if he devoted himself "full-time" to the bogball. If Kildare County FC are still interested, we could yet cross paths with him again next season in the First Division, but it sounds like his priorities lie elsewhere.

Maynard
24/02/2005, 8:38 PM
His brother is one of Kildare longest standing and finest players ever, so it must be in the genes. He'd need to dedicate and apply himself much better if he was ever to play in the EL again, although I'm sure with the right application that wouldn't be problem for him. No harm in sticking with the Gaelic Football if that what he wants to do though, a super sport, played by tens of thousands who aren't from the bog despite the general mob consesus on foot.ie ;) Ath Cliath Abu

Colbert Report
07/06/2005, 10:23 PM
any update?

blueviking1980
10/06/2005, 12:29 PM
Yeh.. it's all 'BOGBALL'... lol... no offence much Maynard son ;)... I respect & except it & maybe 1 day I'll support it but I need to inject support & faith into the mergin crisis of Irish Footy 1st.. it's bad enough most in the Irish leagues not exceptin Vikings let alone the outside majority not exeptin EL. I trust ya'll understand.. :confused: :)

Colbert Report
13/06/2005, 12:48 AM
does anyone understand a single word or what he just said?

Maynard
13/06/2005, 2:30 PM
Erm...kinda :o

As far as Ennis is concerned I haven't heard any further news, I imagine he may be on the outskirts of the Kildare senior GAA panel. His brother is still one of their better players and in the starting 15 every match. They were blessed to beat Wicklow in the 1st round of Leinster but went on to beat the reigning Leinster champions Westmeath by 3 points, they now have a tough game against Laois before they make the final.
I'm not sure if Pierre is still eligible for U21's, but if he is then I imagine he'll be togging out for them this summer.

blueviking1980
13/06/2005, 7:01 PM
does anyone understand a single word or what he just said?

Well ah, looks like ya need to undertstand bout ur own words 1st man... callin ur friend Pierre a class player, where as others disagree, strongly.

If ur havin a joke, cool, I'll joke, but if ur popin an insult to me Im jus steppin in for myself on this occasion. PEACE... ;)

Colbert Report
13/06/2005, 10:38 PM
no i was serious mate, honestly had absolutely no idea what you were trying to say. no disrespect

yes pierre is still eligible for the u21s