Dundalk FC v Galway United

First Division:

Friday-

Athlone Town v Longford Town
Cabinteely FC v Wexford FC
UCD v Waterford FC

Saturday-

Cobh Ramblers v Shelbourne FC 7:15pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspensions:http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19195/suspension-list---week-17/
Refs: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19191/match-officials-appointed---week-17/
Coupon: http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Mr A
23/06/2017, 10:10 AM
Derry v Cork being reffed by a Derry fan. #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

disgruntled
23/06/2017, 10:15 AM
Derry v Cork being reffed by a Derry fan. #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

It could be worse, he could be a Dundalk or Rovers fan :D

micls
23/06/2017, 11:15 AM
This is a disaster for both teams if true. Derry fans will worry he'll give them nothing to make sure he looks unbiased, City fans will assume hell back Derry. No sense to it.

PartySaint
23/06/2017, 11:33 AM
maybe the FAI are trying to make sure Cork lose so we get a title race, and people say they don't care about the league

Ezeikial
23/06/2017, 3:39 PM
Who is the ref?

AlanOB
23/06/2017, 4:00 PM
Noel O'Connor and I will be providing live audio analysis of the sole Saturday fixture at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live.

Given the respective performances of both Limerick and Pat's defensive units of late, I'm expecting a stressful evening!

ToberonaTornado
23/06/2017, 4:21 PM
Who is the ref?

Derry McLondon - Derry

placid casual
23/06/2017, 5:07 PM
P O'Neil.

DannyInvincible
23/06/2017, 7:05 PM
Barry McNamee scores his seventh goal of the season to put Derry 1-0 ahead against Cork. The shot took a slight deflection over McNulty's head, according to Liam Coyle on BBC Radio Foyle.

DannyInvincible
23/06/2017, 7:18 PM
Karl Sheppard draws Cork level. Derry had been comfortable up to that point.

DannyInvincible
23/06/2017, 7:25 PM
A GearĂ³id Morrissey pile-driver with the outside of his right foot from 35 yards out flies into Doherty's top corner and puts Cork 2-1 ahead in Maginn Park.

patrickccfc
23/06/2017, 7:25 PM
1-2 Gearoid Morrissey

jinxy lilywhite
23/06/2017, 7:32 PM
Barcelona of Buncranca 1Sultans of POMO FC 2

micls
23/06/2017, 8:16 PM
Keohane sent off for a second yellow. Interesting 25 mins ahead.

Nesta99
23/06/2017, 8:33 PM
Harps have been useful regardless of the score and with a peno shout. If they keep playing like spells in the 2nd half they should be ok come seasons end.

micls
23/06/2017, 8:40 PM
And we hold out for the win! What a result! A win away to Derry is great at any time, but after being down to 10 for 25 mins it's fantastic. Sounds like Derry put huge pressure on but didn't really have any clear cut chances.

Bring on Tallinn!

patrickccfc
23/06/2017, 8:43 PM
What a massive result that is. Absolutely delighted with that.

ger121
23/06/2017, 9:07 PM
9 points clear of the relegation zone. Must get out the map of Scotland. You never know....

joey B
23/06/2017, 10:19 PM
It most probably wouldn't have changed the result,but how did we not get a penalty tonight? ?? Stonewaller! !!

sidewayspasser
23/06/2017, 10:23 PM
A GearĂ³id Morrissey pile-driver with the outside of his right foot from 35 yards out flies into Doherty's top corner and puts Cork 2-1 ahead in Maginn Park.
Maybe that's the kind of long ball Kenny Shiels was talking about...

ToberonaTornado
23/06/2017, 10:32 PM
It most probably wouldn't have changed the result,but how did we not get a penalty tonight? ?? Stonewaller! !!

Was shocked the ref didn't give it Stonewaller 100% .Ollie near keeled over with rage when it wasn't given and he kept that rage going right up until f/t.I was surprised that the 4th official(Neil Doyle) didn't give him his marching orders.Passion is good,being a bit of a ****** is not!

Finlay Harp
23/06/2017, 11:09 PM
I can understand Ollies frustration. Referee gave us nothing tonight. Doubt the result would have changed but it's hard watching referees week in week out being inconsistent.

nigel-harps1954
24/06/2017, 12:23 AM
Was shocked the ref didn't give it Stonewaller 100% .Ollie near keeled over with rage when it wasn't given and he kept that rage going right up until f/t.I was surprised that the 4th official(Neil Doyle) didn't give him his marching orders.Passion is good,being a bit of a ****** is not!

Wouldn't you be the same though? The game could have swung any way if it weren't for a totally inept refereeing performance. Beyond horrendous.

ToberonaTornado
24/06/2017, 1:40 AM
Wouldn't you be the same though? The game could have swung any way if it weren't for a totally inept refereeing performance. Beyond horrendous.

The peno incident is a bit of red herring - regardless if had been given or not Dundalk in the 2nd half just steamrolled yous.
Every week the ref is after yous - they're after us all! Ollie's influence has affected yee all up there in the NW :D

sadloserkid
24/06/2017, 5:45 AM
To be fair to Ollie he was fairly gracious about it when speaking to Eir afterwards. He's still far less objectionable that Kenny Shiels.

Ezeikial
24/06/2017, 8:56 AM

I can't help but admire how calm and measured you are in your match views.

I can understand Harps fans being aggrieved about the penalty decision. It seemed a penalty to me, but hardly likely to have much impact on the result. Harps are a very limited team with a nasty streak in a number of the players

oriel
24/06/2017, 10:10 AM
To be fair to Ollie he was fairly gracious about it when speaking to Eir afterwards. He's still far less objectionable that Kenny Shiels.

Yes good point, I saw that interview when I got back from the match, Ollie was spot on, but in fairness that looked a stonewall peno.

Decent win in the end for the Dundalk, two wins of 6-0 and 4-0 now after the Cork defeat, however against two sides in the relegation battle. Bigger test lie ahead especially Bray away, but hopefully we can get some confidence back in the lead up to the Rosenberg home match in 3 weeks time.

pineapple stu
24/06/2017, 10:54 AM
I think Waterford have a choke in them. They're nowhere near the team that we played in the Bowl earlier in the season, having lost a couple of players since.

We were maybe a little bit fortunate with a big deflection for the first and a soft penalty that ultimately gave us the win, but we were the better side for the first 75 minutes certainly, and probably shaded it overall. Waterford have had an awful lot of narrow wins, and they could easily (hopefully!) turn into draws unless they splash a bit more cash in July.

James McClean an interested spectator in the Bowl last night as well.

Will be interesting to see how the stupidly-timed FAI Cup messes with the First Division run-in; I think the entire competition is scheduled for the last ten weeks of the season, so there's the potential for lots of gap weeks messing with training schedules.

legendz
24/06/2017, 1:42 PM
I tend to follow the progress of Munster clubs and the LoI clubs in Europe.

When did Bray start turning things around from avoiding relegation to now chasing European qualification?

I presume because they are in the Scottish Challenge Cup that they had a decent midtable season. Were they consistent last year or was it an improvement midseason?

Currently sitting 3rd, it looks like Bray have kicked on from midtable level 3 to being at the same level of Shamrock and Derry in that effective level 2 below Cork and Dundalk.

placid casual
24/06/2017, 6:52 PM
Its what happens when you throw money around in this league. You get better players. Bray, Derry & Rovers fighting out for 3rd spot. Should go to last day of the season, similar to relegation battle I'd wager.

Charlie Darwin
24/06/2017, 7:12 PM
Poor first half but pretty easy win in the end last night. Trevor Clarke is fantastic and I just hope we get to keep him for another few months. Aaron Bolger looks the business too.

kksaints
24/06/2017, 7:22 PM
Noel O'Connor and I will be providing live audio analysis of the sole Saturday fixture at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live (http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live).

Given the respective performances of both Limerick and Pat's defensive units of late, I'm expecting a stressful evening!

Enjoyed the commentary. Was decent stuff. Enjoyed the comeback aswell.

NeverFeltBetter
24/06/2017, 7:29 PM
Disappointing result tonight, big problems with possession retention for Limerick, especially coming from defensive clearences. Really very little separating bottom 7 teams in terms of overall squad quality. Lot depending on transfer window.

Bothered by radio coverage tonight all the same. 95FM lads were less hysterical when we were relegated, and they have knives out for Mcdonald that I half-thought stemmed from something personal they didn't want to air. They sounded disappointed when Pats missed chances. (and before you ask Alan, it was my father's choice, despite my best efforts).

da bishop
24/06/2017, 7:54 PM
Decent point for both teams,obviously Pats will feel better about it,Limericks style of play is changing big time under Mcdonald ,more direct but he has much work to do with many of those players .Congrats to Alan o brien and Noel o connor for the excellent coverage which i had on headphones while watching game,some brilliant analysis and the added bonus of Osin Mr newstalk at the end .95 fm,s efforts are in mere amateur status compared to these lads.

legendz
24/06/2017, 8:07 PM
33 points should be enough for safety. Bohs (26) and Limerick (24) have a decent points average per game. Another couple of wins should have both within touching distance of safety.

AlanOB
24/06/2017, 10:46 PM
Enjoyed the commentary. Was decent stuff. Enjoyed the comeback aswell.

Thanks for listening; every listener helps, given how little promotion we get relative to our competitors.

Bothered by radio coverage tonight all the same. 95FM lads were less hysterical when we were relegated, and they have knives out for Mcdonald that I half-thought stemmed from something personal they didn't want to air. They sounded disappointed when Pats missed chances. (and before you ask Alan, it was my father's choice, despite my best efforts).

Heard the same from several sources. I'm continually amazed that people don't take these concerns up with the station.

Hopefully your Dad will pick Limerick Soccer Live next time ;)

Congrats to Alan o brien and Noel o connor for the excellent coverage which i had on headphones while watching game,some brilliant analysis and the added bonus of Osin Mr newstalk at the end .95 fm,s efforts are in mere amateur status compared to these lads.

High praise. Thanks for going to those lengths to listen to us, despite what must have been a 10-second or so delay.

Professional, objective, coverage is exactly what I'm aiming to provide.

AlanOB
25/06/2017, 10:48 AM
Here's my written analysis of the game: http://bit.ly/2t8Ts8I

And you can also listen back to the ongoing audio analysis, feat. Noel, and Newstalk's Oisin Langan (after FT), here: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/showreel/limerick-fc-2-2-st-patricks-athletic-jun-24-pd/

colonelwest
25/06/2017, 1:38 PM
Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics :D. Thought Bohs were good value for the win, Sligo came at them for a good 20 min spell but couldn't get the equaliser and then Corcoran ended it on the break with a deft little finish after beating the offside trap. Thought Sadlier was very quiet and didn't do much for a fella so in demand, Sule on the other hand for Bohs, he's gonna be a player and a half, bar some wayward passing he covered every blade of grass 10 times over in his own half covering the back 4, superb little player.

redobit
25/06/2017, 2:30 PM
Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics :D. Thought Bohs were good value for the win, Sligo came at them for a good 20 min spell but couldn't get the equaliser and then Corcoran ended it on the break with a deft little finish after beating the offside trap. Thought Sadlier was very quiet and didn't do much for a fella so in demand, Sule on the other hand for Bohs, he's gonna be a player and a half, bar some wayward passing he covered every blade of grass 10 times over in his own half covering the back 4, superb little player.

Gone off the boil alright since his head has been turned, goals have dried up last few games too. Not what we need right now.

Agree on Sule. Really stood out in the first meeting of the teams this season too.

oriel
25/06/2017, 10:03 PM
Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics :.

I was at the Drogs v Dlk game very early 2 weeks ago and I was buying tickets for the family arriving later, the DFC coach pulls in and out of nowhere Cork Tom appears and gave every single player getting off the coach a piece of his mind, 'Lads, its ov-vaaaaar, you're wasting your time today, its finished..........O'Donnell don't you be laughing at me booooy, Mister Kenny, I want a word with you'

Legend

Sam_Heggy
26/06/2017, 7:36 AM
Harps denied stone wall pen alright. It was just after Dundalk went 1 up.
Dundalk were far from their best until they scored, it was a very sloppy performance before that. Had Harps got the pen and equalised who knows what would have happened but that's football, if we got this free, if he had of been booked, etc.
Paddy McCourt is an excellent player, a joy to watch and I think that's a view expressed by most LOI fans. Unfortunately, he is playing as a holding mid for us and it doesn't work. Dundalk targeted him in the second half and got the rewards.
Have to say, Paddy McEleney is getting better and better. Surely must be attracting interest across the channel again??

Philosophizer
26/06/2017, 9:25 AM

I thought it was v even to be honest. I thought a draw would have been fair. Sligo created some amount of goal-scoring opportunities. It was an entertaining game. Chances for both sides. The difference was that Sligo made a couple of bad errors. Schlingermann threw one in the net another of the CBs screwed up for Corcoran's goal, whereas Supple pulled off a few great saves.

Sule is having a fine season for a lad who never played senior LOI before this season. With him Bohs don't really miss Lopes at all. Sule actually has better ball control that Lopes, but doesn't have the size or athleticism. Still tho, he has a Makalele-esque nack of getting between the opposition player and the ball and knicking it. If he could improve his passing he'll be a v good player.

Northsider
26/06/2017, 9:51 AM
It couldn't have gone any better for Bohs since the restart. A scrappy enough win but it's all about the 3 points at this stage, especially with everyone else in the bottom half dropping points. The table looks fairly sweet at the moment but we've got breathing space, that's all. Plenty of hard work left to do.

Fuddzer has been immense since breaking into the team, you'd wonder how Pats let him slip through their fingers. Would love to get him signed on for next season too but we'll have a big battle on our hands to keep him.

oriel
26/06/2017, 10:28 AM
Harps denied stone wall pen alright. It was just after Dundalk went 1 up.
Dundalk were far from their best until they scored, it was a very sloppy performance before that. Had Harps got the pen and equalised who knows what would have happened but that's football, if we got this free, if he had of been booked, etc.
Paddy McCourt is an excellent player, a joy to watch and I think that's a view expressed by most LOI fans. Unfortunately, he is playing as a holding mid for us and it doesn't work. Dundalk targeted him in the second half and got the rewards.
Have to say, Paddy McEleney is getting better and better. Surely must be attracting interest across the channel again??

McCourt started the game very well and had some nice moves and passed it around neatly, but as the game went on and especially most of the second half he didn’t get a sniff. One comment I read after, saying Kenny got some signings wrong this season (Clifford and Kinsella are two) but he got this one right not signing McCourt.

McEleney had a great second half, chipping it from inside the box was cheeky for his goal, hopefully he can put in consistent performances now for the rest of the season. He certainly has the ability to do even more.

Nesta99
26/06/2017, 12:23 PM
I dont get the 9extreme) criticism of SK for the signings made this off-season in some quarters, on paper at least they were the type of player LoI clubs should be trying to sign especially Clifford. A bright career and potential that has gone wayward around the lower leagues in England and still young enough to rebuild a career and confidence. That Clifford hasnt stepped up is a pity but it could have been a masterclass signing along the lines of Towell, Maguire etc who came back to Ireland and rebuilt their reputation for a second crack at a 'higher level'.

Charlie Darwin
26/06/2017, 12:49 PM
It couldn't have gone any better for Bohs since the restart. A scrappy enough win but it's all about the 3 points at this stage, especially with everyone else in the bottom half dropping points. The table looks fairly sweet at the moment but we've got breathing space, that's all. Plenty of hard work left to do.

Fuddzer has been immense since breaking into the team, you'd wonder how Pats let him slip through their fingers. Would love to get him signed on for next season too but we'll have a big battle on our hands to keep him.
Interview there a while back with Sule where he said Pats offered him a new deal but couldn't guarantee him football, whereas Bohs could.

ToberonaTornado
26/06/2017, 11:16 PM
Galway dire tonight.Relegation looming.should have kept td.ends

ToberonaTornado
27/06/2017, 3:26 AM
I was at the Drogs v Dlk game very early 2 weeks ago and I was buying tickets for the family arriving later, the DFC coach pulls in and out of nowhere Cork Tom appears and gave every single player getting off the coach a piece of his mind, 'Lads, its ov-vaaaaar, you're wasting your time today, its finished..........O'Donnell don't you be laughing at me booooy, Mister Kenny, I want a word with you'

Legend

I
don't get him or he dosent get me,don't know??
Met him one night in OP and we were(a couple of people with me) nothing but polite to him.Threw the fingers,told us he would get us killed(he knows people it seems?? :D
) and said Dundalk was a kip(only thing he he got right) The smell of him near knocked me of my haunches.
So yeah - LOI "LEGEND"

Nesta99
27/06/2017, 8:17 AM
I
don't get him or he dosent get me,don't know??
Met him one night in OP and we were(a couple of people with me) nothing but polite to him.Threw the fingers,told us he would get us killed(he knows people it seems?? :D
) and said Dundalk was a kip(only thing he he got right) The smell of him near knocked me of my haunches.
So yeah - LOI "LEGEND"

When the economy went bad 2008/9 the general amount of JCB accomadation in Dundalk was nonexistant and he has never been a happy chap since!