PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League 2004/05

Hoop God
23/02/2005, 9:00 AM
Anybody here got any views on the desmond league setup....? :rolleyes:

irisheagle
27/02/2005, 10:55 PM
Are Newcastle west any good ?, are they going well in the local league. What is there pitch like?

shannonsider69
24/03/2005, 12:25 PM
Looks like it's going to right to the wire in the Premier Division. Broadford, Rathkeale and Newcastle West are all still in contention. Around 4/5 games left and as far as I know they all have to play each other in the run in. It could go to anyone yet.

Not sure about the lower divisions to be quite honest. :confused:

Desmond Cup weekend this weekend......anyone any predictions?

Ask me tom
25/03/2005, 4:55 PM
question lads what ever happened to abbey feale they used to have a good team a few years ago now when i hear of desmond league teams they never seem to be mentioned never mentioned

shannonsider69
29/03/2005, 12:24 PM
Abbey used to have a good side a few years back alright. Had some real experienced players that led by example and came close to winning some Cups.

Like the saying goes, time waits for no man, and they've since moved on leaving a very young team lacking in experience and drive.

Facility/setup-wise they're probably at the top of the Desmond League. Have played alot of their homes games this season under lights and have a good underage setup to boot.

That's about as good as it gets Tom. :)

Ask me tom
31/03/2005, 11:47 AM
thanks shannonsider so who`s winning the league out there now
presume 1 of rathkeale ballingarry broadford or ncw

shannonsider69
04/04/2005, 9:16 AM
Hi Tom, it looks like being one of the closest run ins in a few years at the minute. Ballingarry were beaten 3-1 by Abbey yesterday so that kills their hopes of contention. Heard that Rathkeale beat Granagh 5-1 at home in the Desmond Cup and NCWs league game against Foynes was called off. Its a 3 horse race between Broadford, Rathkeale and NCW with all 3 still to play each other as far as I know. :)