PDA

View Full Version : vs Linfield

liam88
22/02/2005, 10:16 PM
Congratulations on your well earned draw (though from quotes I've seen the Linfield website would have it said otherwise "what looked like a dive" :rolleyes: :eek: )!

How was thw crowd? Hoping there was no trouble...

EireBadBoy
23/02/2005, 1:10 AM
Playing a reserve Linfield side and failed to put away a load of chances. Definite penalty, but I would say that. It was 50/50 and I was glad it was given.
Very poor weather, a Derry side lacking in conviction in midfield and a Linfield side lacking in idea's. Given the poor weather every tackle had that extra bit of bite, wet grass and flying tackles don't mix.
Longford would have learnt very little from the game as it was a bit part Linfield side, understandable given their upcoming fixtures.
If the way the game was played was any indication of the way Linfield do play I'd imagine the attacking Longford midfield will run them ragged.
Not many Linfield fan's at the game, as expected but they did give a good show. I can only compare them to the dire crowds that travel in the EL and they were on a par with Rovers and above all else.

Longfordian
23/02/2005, 1:24 AM
Our manager has been to see Linfield twice recently and hasnt come away overly impressed either time, so hopefully we can take them. He wasn't hugely worried about Glens either

Eire06
23/02/2005, 9:02 AM
Was the match any good? How as the atmosphere?

Terry
23/02/2005, 9:27 AM
What was that growing out of murphys head? :confused: :)

thejollyrodger
23/02/2005, 10:19 AM
good result for both sides, pity about the hooligans after the match though.

dortie
23/02/2005, 7:41 PM
Was the match any good? How as the atmosphere?

Match was average and Derry had by far more chances to win the game. Linfield equalised with their only real chance of the game.
In my humble estimates there was slightly more than 3,000 present. Linfield supporters were also fairly quiet in comparison to most EL supporters.

Fortuna1886
24/02/2005, 12:16 AM
Not many Linfield fan's at the game, as expected but they did give a good show. I can only compare them to the dire crowds that travel in the EL and they were on a par with Rovers and above all else.

We where restricted to 300 tickets and as far as I know sold the lot. The reason we where so so quiet is because we played like dicks and where lucky not to be 4 nil down at half time :(

Schumi
24/02/2005, 12:22 PM
In my humble estimates there was slightly more than 3,000 present.
What's the capacity there now?