Finn Harps(0) Shamrock Rovers (1)

First Division;

Friday -

UCDAFC (1) v Shelbourne (2)
Wexford FC (2) Athlone Town (2)
Waterford FC (3)v Cabinteeley FC (0)

nigel-harps1954
16/06/2017, 10:07 PM
Game of few chances in Finn Park. Harps the better side in the first half without creating too many chances.

I think the goal was Rovers only shot on target in the entire match. Harps had one shot on target that I counted.

SeanDrog
16/06/2017, 10:25 PM
Sigh ...... sigh again

Dundalk very sharp tonight but we looked very poor (even allowing for ten men). Starting to feel bleak now about staying up - not so much by being beaten by Dundalk (they will beat most sides in the relegation dogfights) but by the fact that we just aren't looking like a "team " - lots of individuals but little "team" effort.

Sigh

sulywaterfordfc
16/06/2017, 10:29 PM
Another big win for Waterford tonight. 15 games unbeaten now. After tonight's games we're now 5 points ahead of second place Cobh, 7 ahead of third place UCD and 14 ahead of fourth place Cabinteely. Just under 1300 in attendance. And 21 Bet were also announced as the club's main sponsor on an 18 month contract. Club is in a great position heading into the final 12 games. Dreamland at the minute if you're a Blues fans considering what we've had to endure in recent years.

TonyD
16/06/2017, 10:29 PM
Oh crap! I don't know what to say after that. Better team in the first half and then we threw it away in the second. More incredibly stupid soft goals conceded. We look doomed. I'm sure there will be lots of calls to sack the manager, but I'm not sure who we'd get in. The players must take a lot of responsibility for the mess we're in too.

oriel
16/06/2017, 10:43 PM
The sending off definitely turned the game in Drogheda tonight, Dundalk were just ok before that, but definitely getting into shape. A 3-0 that lead and the game was over as a contest. The finish by McEleney will take some beating for goal of the month, he kept the ball in on the bayside, drifted inside and curled a fantastic effort into the top right corner. Good to see O'Donnell last 90 and back to his gliding through games, but with respect to the opposition, there was very little challenging to Dlk for the last 20. A good nights work and even Kilduff chipping in with two, bigger fish lie ahead though.

Has to be a record away win for Dundalk in Drogheda for a league game or any game there come to think of it.

Drogs look in big trouble and I have to say I'd take no joy in seeing them relegated, this is such a handy trip away, 20 min drive to the match. I enjoyed the craic in the windmill pub next door with a few locals when I was waiting on mates, and very friendly staff in the ground from the steward in the stand to the girl taking our tickets on the way in 'enjoy the match lads' simple things.

Dalymountrower
17/06/2017, 6:08 AM
Oh crap! I don't know what to say after that. Better team in the first half and then we threw it away in the second. More incredibly stupid soft goals conceded. We look doomed. I'm sure there will be lots of calls to sack the manager, but I'm not sure who we'd get in. The players must take a lot of responsibility for the mess we're in too.
If I was a Pats fan I would be very worried.They are beginning to show similar characteristics of their manager,.Intially plausible but ultimately lacking in character and spirit. Deserve to go down.
Masterclass by WArd last night..

ccfcman
17/06/2017, 7:54 AM
Cork City gave Limerick a lesson without ever getting through the gears. Three peaches of goals (the Maguire second was a total clanger of a back pass), class all over the pitch. Limerick look handy but they gassed rapidly and the strength in depth isn't there. Boy do they have some issues in defence though.

osarusan
17/06/2017, 8:19 AM
Cork City gave Limerick a lesson without ever getting through the gears. Three peaches of goals (the Maguire second was a total clanger of a back pass), class all over the pitch. Limerick look handy but they gassed rapidly and the strength in depth isn't there. Boy do they have some issues in defence though.

The manager set up a pretty positive team, looking to attack when possible rather than just defend. I'm in favour of this in general as I think a lot of teams can be 'got at' if you make the effort to get at them, but Cork aren't one of those. That didn't help how we looked defensively.

Cork just have quality all over the pitch, moving the ball so well. So good at creating space in both wings, and then McGuire's movement is incredible.

Felt we were in with a shout of something at halftime, but it was all over after what, 45 seconds? of the second half. Sickener to give away. After that you took your foot off the gas and we had some decent spells, but only because you let us. Superb 4th goal to finish things off too.

micls
17/06/2017, 9:32 AM
I actually thought you got at us more than most teams this season. That's definitely the most chances we've given up in a game. We badly missed Delaney and Dunleavy going off made it worse.

Ye did well in central mid and Ogbene is dangerous. He'd be more dangerous on his feet more often though. He threw away chances to run at a centre half pairing with no legs to go down for the free.

Great crowd from Limerick and great atmosphere from them. Setting off a flare under a crowd cover has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen at a game though.

TonyD
17/06/2017, 12:23 PM
If I was a Pats fan I would be very worried.

We are. You're right, we look spineless once teams put it up to us.

Dalymountrower
17/06/2017, 4:33 PM
That Pats player towards the end kicking the ball away when caught off side. Knowing quite a few long time Pats fans, I was furio us on their behalf.

AlanOB
17/06/2017, 5:09 PM

They sure do: https://tacticstruck2.com/2017/06/17/cork-city-4-1-limerick-mcdonald-system-completely-out-of-sync-with-players-at-his-disposal/

ccfcman
17/06/2017, 6:24 PM
They sure do: https://tacticstruck2.com/2017/06/17/cork-city-4-1-limerick-mcdonald-system-completely-out-of-sync-with-players-at-his-disposal/

Attacking Lims looks the right job though. Worryingly for ye, that was as close our weakest back line available at times.

Ogbene should never have left, christ, the player he'd be at City in another 12 months. He wouldn't get away with those antics under JC and Kearney would bring him on like he has Dooley and Shep no end.

bluewhitearmy
17/06/2017, 7:10 PM
Attacking Lims looks the right job though. Worryingly for ye, that was as close our weakest back line available at times.

Ogbene should never have left, christ, the player he'd be at City in another 12 months. He wouldn't get away with those antics under JC and Kearney would bring him on like he has Dooley and Shep no end.

Cos no Cork players go down easy is it my God.

LK37oldskool
17/06/2017, 8:17 PM
Oh God no, Cork players are the epitome of perfect professionals. I'm sure JC would chastise any of his team who'd stoop so low as to feign injury to gain advantage. We must not offend our champions to be!

patrickccfc
17/06/2017, 8:30 PM
We must not offend our champions to be!

I'm just surprised ye didn't sing that to us last night

LK37oldskool
17/06/2017, 8:40 PM
We taught about it but to be honest yer just too boring 💤. If we weren't there last night the place would have been like a morgue. For a champions elect you've useless supoorters.

patrickccfc
17/06/2017, 9:04 PM
Aww at least ye considered it. Atmosphere was a bit flat last night alright, normally isn't like that.

LK37oldskool
17/06/2017, 9:24 PM
That's your story and I suppose your sticking to it. We can only go on our experience in the morgue that is Turners Cross.

patrickccfc
17/06/2017, 9:37 PM
Well yeah if I reckoned it was like that all the time then I'd have no reason to disagree.

I must say though, it was refreshing to see so many of ye at the game.

wonder88
17/06/2017, 9:53 PM
would folks say that relegation is between 5 teams now? Bohs and Limerick look to be heading towards 30 pts.
Couldn't get up to Sligo, and by reports the game was not great so didn't miss all that much. However a point to get off the bottom was a good result and gained ground on 3 of the 4 teams around us this weekend. Still think it will take something special for Galway to get out of this, but the effort has been good from this squad so there is hope.

Charlie Darwin
17/06/2017, 11:30 PM
Bohs aren't out of it by any means. Limerick are a much better side and won't be sucked in.

ger121
18/06/2017, 1:12 AM
Bohs aren't out of it by any means.

Or Rovers;)

Charlie Darwin
18/06/2017, 1:12 AM
We beat Finn Harps. Europe guaranteed for another season.

Crosshead
18/06/2017, 4:31 PM
We taught about it but to be honest yer just too boring . If we weren't there last night the place would have been like a morgue. For a champions elect you've useless supoorters.

It's just as well the services of a morgue weren't required after one of the geniuses in your support thought lighting a flare under a flag covering the crowd was a good idea.

LK37oldskool
18/06/2017, 5:17 PM
Every club has its simpletons. I remember yer lot throwing a couple onto the pitch when ye visited us earlier in the season. Which brings me to a general point of security at matches. Personally I think that anyone seen to be in position of one at a game should be ejected. It's very obvious who has them when their lit.

nigel-harps1954
18/06/2017, 6:20 PM
The geniuses doing their stop and searches at the gates need a kick up the hole in some grounds. Sligo is the only ground I've visited in the past number of years that done a proper stop and search on away fans.

bluewhitearmy
18/06/2017, 7:03 PM
The geniuses doing their stop and searches at the gates need a kick up the hole in some grounds. Sligo is the only ground I've visited in the past number of years that done a proper stop and search on away fans.

There is no way at all of stopping flares get in unless you are gonna get guards down to strip search people.

nigel-harps1954
18/06/2017, 7:09 PM
There is no way at all of stopping flares get in unless you are gonna get guards down to strip search people.

Are they sticking them up their arse or something?

bluewhitearmy
18/06/2017, 7:20 PM
Are they sticking them up their arse or something?

Near enough. Was proper searches done one everyone I seen enter Turners Cross there are some places yo just cant search.

LK37oldskool
18/06/2017, 7:34 PM
Why can't they pull the guys out that light them. Stewards came into the Limerick section several times to remove the flares once lit but it was the same guys lighting up new ones moments later. There were more than enough guards there to assist.

Martinho II
19/06/2017, 5:08 AM
The lighting of flares in my opinion ended section o as an entity after the fai cup semi in Dundalk. Both us and Dundalk lit flares that day. Why was the security not more rigid? Club crucified us in the weeks that followed. Something died in me that day and that was passion for the club.

outspoken
19/06/2017, 2:20 PM
You can't stop them getting in just like you can't stop drink getting it. People shove them where stewards can't pat down let's put it that way.

JC_GUFC
20/06/2017, 2:55 PM
You can't stop them getting in just like you can't stop drink getting it. People shove them where stewards can't pat down let's put it that way.

Is that a flare in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?? 😍

LK37oldskool
20/06/2017, 3:17 PM
Was wondering how long before that old chestnut reared it's head! Flare play ta ya!

ToberonaTornado
21/06/2017, 5:36 PM
Dundalk FC to take hard line on supporters with flares.

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-dundalk-fc-to-take-a-hard-line-on-supporters-with-flares-f6be2f8072f2

Nesta99
21/06/2017, 8:50 PM
At this stage id have flyers with pictures of the burns that people have gotten from flares - nasty nasty burns and usually not the person that lit the flare but some poor unfortunate in the vicinity. Maybe people wouldn't agree with having what would be pretty extreme images on flyers but if thats what it takes!!

sbgawa
21/06/2017, 10:01 PM
They have those pics on the turnstiles on the way in to tallaght stadium (don't know about away turnstiles) when you see them you realise people who bring flares are morans.

Nesta99
22/06/2017, 1:47 AM
I havent seen those but it is good to hear that a club isnt afraid to show the horrible consequences of something and that it isnt just a spoiling the atmosphere effort. I was at a game where a flare was dropped by some idiot and it rolled down under the feet of people in front, one guy rightly got a fright and in panic kicked it on again and it hit someone further in front again rather than roll under feet, that man nearly did damage by trying to pick it up to get it to safety but a steward doing his job was over quickly to take it away and stick it in a bucket of sand, wasnt in this league but no matter. Those damn repeater fireworks that crop up round Halloween, one of those being let off in the shed in Oriel one year - it was amazing no one was badly hurt. The culprits should be made sit and look through a series of images of the injuries rather than just a ban.