PDA

View Full Version : 0-0 Final Result

Citymark
03/02/2002, 3:08 PM
Just got the score from Eircomleague.net.
Wasn't there. was it as crap as it was suggested?

At this rate a European place is going to be hard to come by!

Zedi
03/02/2002, 3:57 PM
That had to be wan of the worst games i've ever watched, I'm having some serious doubts about Murphy and his team. The young lads looked as if they were on the rasa last night,and the rest were sulking cos they wern't with 'em. More excitment at the local knitting club and a better atmosphere in Chernobyl, jesuschristallfukeninmighty why do we put ourselves through this!
Where were 4-5-1 ye were missed today lads?
:mad:

Sid
03/02/2002, 5:57 PM
Shocking, no shots on target and Devine made about 3 decent save's. The midfield was absolutely brutal.

city_why
03/02/2002, 7:10 PM
We're kind of left short of options when we need to change the midfield. Bennett & Buckley were dreadful today , surely any 2 from Herrick, Kelvin, Tynan, O'Brien or Greg would be a better option than converting a young full back into a midfielder(Carey was lost when he came on).

But of those 5, 3 given away and the other 2 out of favour with the Manager.

Murphy Out !!!!

patsh
04/02/2002, 7:19 AM
Brutal, Brutal ,Brutal! That was f**king dire......
Only for Mickey Devine, it could have been another 0-3. Ollie looked exhausted, the rest looked if they wanted to be at home watching the mudball on the telly, and Hartigol almost had a header on target! Please, I cannot take anymore............
What is it about playing at home recently?
Good Points?
Oh, yeah, Colin hit the crossbar!
Stevie Flynn looked lively when he came on.
Looks like some work has been done for the floodlights..... :(

Bernie
04/02/2002, 7:30 AM
Agreed, that was CAT yesterday. How they can play very well last week and put in a lame performance like that the next is beyond me. I think I just want to get the league season done with ASAP to spare us more embarrasment.
At least only a tiny attendance was forced to endure such rubbish.

SHAME.

dalo
04/02/2002, 7:54 AM
pretty dismal alright. they looked nackered. i saw morley and one other city player in esau's the night before. the city player who i won't name was liberally enjoying a 3 course meal and 5 glasses of wine.

hardly ideal preparation for a match

Peadar
04/02/2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by city_why
Surely any 2 from Herrick, Kelvin, Tynan, O'Brien or Greg would be a better option than converting a young full back into a midfielder(Carey was lost when he came on).

Bucks wasn't dreadful, his final ball was dreadful but other than that he was average. I thought that Carey was a good choice to replace him. With regard to the strikers, I think that Murphy made the changes too late in the game and with the midfield being so poor I think that he should have brought on Hartigan and O'Flynn but brought off CP and Bennett. Then Morley could have played in the centre with Hartigan just in front of him to the right and O'Flynn full forward.

Credit to O'Grady for having a long range shot when the keeper was out of position. Only good covering back by the Dundalk defender saved them.

While on the phone to me after the game, Pete overheard Éanna saying that Hartigan did well when he came on and should have been on earlier. No Pete your ears weren't playing tricks on you, he really said that.

razor
04/02/2002, 3:10 PM
Conor O'Grady was superb as always, Devine or Divine as in the Echo was excellent and I thought Napier did well also.
Anthony Buckley was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, trying to play fancy dan football in far from fancy dan conditions.
You're not in the States now buddy.

Troy.McClure
04/02/2002, 5:12 PM
You have to give credit to Dundalk for playing well! They wernt bad with us worse, they played well and deserved their point. If we were playing Shels or Pats then we wouldnt be complaining as much. They had 3 players up front at times and got stuck in for the full 90 minutes.

Fair play Dundalk :mad:

Éanna
04/02/2002, 7:25 PM
O'Grady, Morley, Napier and Devine played well. Hartigan and O'Flynn looked good when they came on. Terrible performance.
OUT OUT OUT

Éanna
04/02/2002, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i saw morley and one other city player in esau's the night before. the city player who i won't name was liberally enjoying a 3 course meal and 5 glasses of wine.
why are you naming morley and not the other player? That's totally unfair- Both or neither.

mouldymurphy
04/02/2002, 7:36 PM
pretty dismal alright. they looked nackered. i saw morley and one other city player in esau's the night before. the city player who i won't name was liberally enjoying a 3 course meal and 5 glasses of wine.

hardly ideal preparation for a match
sure best used to do it for years :D

dalo
05/02/2002, 8:00 AM
as reagrds morley and the other player having dinner that's their own business. i just imagine eating a full meal at 9.30 at night and playing a match the next day is hardly ideal preparation for a match. the reason why I didn't name the other player is because that's his problem not mine. he should know better. i mentioned morley as he didn't drink a drop and the girls at the table were top totty!!!!!!!!!!

besides eanna are you dissapointed you wern't there so you could tell all your sheddie buddies later. maybe pat would have blown you a few kisses

Neil
05/02/2002, 8:07 AM
i just imagine eating a full meal at 9.30 at night and playing a match the next day is hardly ideal preparation for a match
Eating is very important. As is breathing and sleeping.

Peadar
05/02/2002, 9:22 AM
i just imagine eating a full meal at 9.30 at night and playing a match the next day is hardly ideal preparation for a match.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong with Pat Morley's performance. He's in the game a long time now I think he knows what's good before a game.

pete
05/02/2002, 11:32 AM
i just imagine eating a full meal at 9.30 at night and playing a match the next day is hardly ideal preparation for a match.

Doesn't sound like such a bit deal to me. Good food & some wine (can't see how you could tell was 5 glasses od wine anyway) would probably relax a player the night before a game? Better than downing pints anyway.