PDA

View Full Version : 2 new jerseys

adamcarr
21/02/2005, 9:38 PM
A new white away kit and a gold/black 2005 commerative shirt!

colblimp
21/02/2005, 9:49 PM
White away kit? Mmmmmmmmm, sexy!

I take it this will be coming out in mid-March, as quoted at the CCOSC AGM on Saturday night?

thecorner
21/02/2005, 11:56 PM
probably the away jersey from NEC. have to get some use out of it and cut costs....thats what it is all about isnt it

razor
22/02/2005, 8:13 AM
A new white away kit and a gold/black 2005 commerative shirt!
Black & Gold my favourite City jersey ever.
Hopefully this might be as nice.

Peadar
22/02/2005, 8:38 AM
probably the away jersey from NEC.

Jaysus, you're some cynic! :D

When will we see a sample of the shirts?
Are we keeping the green one as our home shirt?

patsh
22/02/2005, 8:58 AM
Doubt if it's the away one from Nijmegen. That was totally white, I'd expect the new one to have red and green trim at least.

EVERY team should have a second strip which is predominantly white. There can never be a clash then, as all-white strips would not be allowed as the main jersey.

Peadar
22/02/2005, 9:01 AM
Doubt if it's the away onw from Nijmegen.

It was bought in a local shop in Holland and have a sticker of a football for a crest. It would be a sorry sight if we used it as our away shirt this season.

GavinZac
22/02/2005, 10:07 AM
Doubt if it's the away one from Nijmegen. That was totally white, I'd expect the new one to have red and green trim at least.

EVERY team should have a second strip which is predominantly white. There can never be a clash then, as all-white strips would not be allowed as the main jersey.

what if its coventry in sky blue or blackburn in blue/white halves? or river's red stripe on white? they'd clash with white

Ruairi
22/02/2005, 10:17 AM
i could have sworn that when i bought my away jersey it had a tag saying "guaranteed till end 2005" or something along those lines. ah well.

Peadar
22/02/2005, 10:20 AM
i could have sworn that when i bought my away jersey it had a tag saying "guaranteed till end 2005" or something along those lines.

I'd prefer if they changed the home shirt because it's muck as far as I'm concerned. The colour, the style, everything is wrong about it.

kevincronin2000
22/02/2005, 11:13 AM
I dont think too much thought went into it.
The two teams that we need away jerseys for are Shamrock Rovers and Bray Wanderers who have a fair amount of white on there strip too. I can see problems when we play these.

So maybe our third strip should be our away kit and scrap the white one!

ps. I'm glad the blue one is gone the material in it was pure sh1t

Peadar
22/02/2005, 11:23 AM
ps. I'm glad the blue one is gone the material in it was pure sh1t

What makes you think the new one will be any better?

Éanna
22/02/2005, 11:28 AM
we had a lovely white jersey a few years back, hopefully we'll see something similar this time around

patsh
22/02/2005, 12:54 PM
what if its coventry in sky blue or blackburn in blue/white halves? or river's red stripe on white? they'd clash with white
In case you hadn't noticed neither of the two teams you mentioned play in the eL, and I don't know who "river's" are.
It's quite simple:
Every team has a first strip of what ever colour they choose, as long as white is only used as "trim".
Every team has a predominantly white second strip, with their club colours as the trim only.

In the case of Rovers, Derry or Bray, while they have white in their present jerseys, it would be hard to mistake a green & white hooped jersey & green shorts, or green&white striped jersey & green shorts, or red&white striped jersey & black shorts, with an all white jersey & shorts, with some trim on the sides.

Éanna
22/02/2005, 1:17 PM
In I don't know who "river's" are.
river plate I imagine

patsh
22/02/2005, 1:46 PM
river plate I imagine
Oh, OK, thanks Eanna

Longfordian
22/02/2005, 2:08 PM
In case you hadn't noticed neither of the two teams you mentioned play in the eL, and I don't know who "river's" are.
It's quite simple:
Every team has a first strip of what ever colour they choose, as long as white is only used as "trim".
Every team has a predominantly white second strip, with their club colours as the trim only.

In the case of Rovers, Derry or Bray, while they have white in their present jerseys, it would be hard to mistake a green & white hooped jersey & green shorts, or green&white striped jersey & green shorts, or red&white striped jersey & black shorts, with an all white jersey & shorts, with some trim on the sides.

Dundalk wear a white jersey and have done for years..By the way what exactly is your new jersey commemorating? Not having a go or anything just curious

Ruairi
22/02/2005, 2:19 PM
Dundalk wear a white jersey and have done for years..By the way what exactly is your new jersey commemorating? Not having a go or anything just curious

The third strip is commemorating Cork's reign as European Capital of Culture

Peadar
22/02/2005, 2:19 PM
By the way what exactly is your new jersey commemorating?

European Capital of Culture 2005. (http://www.cork2005.ie/home/default.asp?)

Longfordian
22/02/2005, 2:24 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that..

anto eile
22/02/2005, 2:53 PM

thats harsh on dundalk!

anto eile
22/02/2005, 2:54 PM
I'd prefer if they changed the home shirt because it's muck as far as I'm concerned. The colour, the style, everything is wrong about it.
but your away jersey is absolutely vile

anto eile
22/02/2005, 2:55 PM
we had a lovely white jersey a few years back, hopefully we'll see something similar this time around
the off-white guinness sponsored jersey about 1999ish. wasnt bad alright, for a cork jersey of course ;)

anto eile
22/02/2005, 2:56 PM
It's quite simple:

the chickens of River Plate.not that you need to be worrying about playing them in the world club cup anytime soon!

pete
22/02/2005, 5:30 PM
I want Pyjama (?) jersey back.

Asked Noelle last year if she could get it back bur don't think she involved at that end anymore.

Looks like i'll have to weave myself...

GavinZac
23/02/2005, 7:59 AM
It's quite simple:

so its just an eircom league thing? its a fair idea except that im sure SOME plonker ref would give out about rovers, and you'd never make the clubs agree to it unless it was UEFA turnin the screw.

ConfusedBlue
23/02/2005, 12:07 PM
It's quite simple:

You're talking ****e there sure Longford and Shelbourne's away kits are blue and yellow.

GavinZac
23/02/2005, 12:33 PM
You're talking ****e there sure Longford and Shelbourne's away kits are blue and yellow.

its hyopthetical

patsh
23/02/2005, 12:56 PM
I know you admit that you are confused, but reading the thread the posts properly might give you some idea what is being discussed here.
Read ALL the posts, try to follow the thread being discussed, then make your contribution. That way, what you post might actually make some sense in the context of the thread.