Limerick FC v Bray Wanderers
Sligo Rovers v Finn Harps
Shamrock Rovers v Saint Patrick's Athletic 8pm

First Division:

Cobh Ramblers v Wexford FC
Athlone Town v Waterford FC
Shelbourne v Longford Town

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Refs: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19035/match-officials-appointed---week-15/
Suspensions: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/19050/suspension-list---week-15/
Coupon: http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

pineapple stu
01/06/2017, 8:54 PM
Cabo 3-3 UCD tonight.

Simultaneously a point saved and two dropped for us. Cabo were a truly awful team who just lumped clear to no-one for a good hour. Twice, they surprised us by actually finding a player, and scored one-on-ones.

But then to be a man up after 75, and score on 77 and 80, you have to hack on and win the game. Especially when Cabo bizarrely start to come out and attack for the last ten.

Anyways, worth the tenner.

AlanOB
02/06/2017, 3:38 PM
I imagine most not attending a game in person will be watching Dundalk/Cork on the box.

But, if there are any Seagulls lurking on here not travelling, who would like live audio analysis of your trip to Limerick, check out www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

Both sides in a poor run of form, so it's anyone's guess what the outcome will be. Certainly, reports from Bray's midweek showing against Rovers were not pleasant...

CraftyToePoke
02/06/2017, 7:49 PM
And its 2-0 to Limerick, and theres a long night ahead for Bray here

You have the commentators curse nailed at least.

TonyD
02/06/2017, 8:32 PM
Very impressive from Cork tonight. Can they go the season unbeaten ?

patrickccfc
02/06/2017, 8:33 PM
Well, that couldn't have gone any better. A very comfortable 3-0 win.

El-Pietro
02/06/2017, 8:53 PM
We're overrated though

nigel-harps1954
02/06/2017, 8:56 PM
What a poor game in Sligo. Neither side really wanted to play football but yet, it was still good entertainment.

0-0 was probably a fair result.

legendz
02/06/2017, 8:59 PM
Great wins for Limerick and Cork. The halfway mark is too early to be calling Cork champions despite their commanding lead. Players leaving mid season and European games might disrupt their season somewhat.

micls
02/06/2017, 9:01 PM
In fairness, it would have to be a collapse of monumental proportions not to win the league now.

Absolutely buzzing. I don't really understand what's happening this season, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

da bishop
02/06/2017, 9:05 PM
Sean maguire is happening thats what.wonder what Caulfields plan B is when he goes.

Ezeikial
02/06/2017, 9:09 PM
Cork were worthy winners tonight and will almost certainly win the league in a canter.

Apart from the brilliant edge that Maguire brings to this team, Caulfield tactics and the tremendous work ethic throughout the team was really impressive.

Credit where credit is due

Jd2793
02/06/2017, 9:09 PM
Told his move to preston being announced tomorrow great way to bow out with a performance like that.

shep
02/06/2017, 9:12 PM
Cork were a level or two above us in all departments tonight. What annoys me most is that whatever about a gulf in quality,to have a team come to your home ground and put in more effort than you is hard to take.

White Horse
02/06/2017, 9:15 PM
Congratulations Cork, 2017 league winners in all but name.

SeanDrog
02/06/2017, 9:21 PM
Another draw for us. We seemed to have brought some stability to our previously leaky defense. Now we need to start scoring ... still all to play for.

RathfarnhamHoop
02/06/2017, 9:28 PM
Rovers were shocking tonight. And Burke got himself an idiotic red card. Ref was decent tonight though especially by LOI standards.

osarusan
02/06/2017, 9:30 PM
Cracking night of football in Limerick, real end to end stuff with both teams having spells on top. Bray had a great chance to go 4-3 up but Connolly fluffed a one-on-one, and happily we made them pay with 2 late goals.

GavinZac
02/06/2017, 9:35 PM
Rovers were shocking tonight. And Burke got himself an idiotic red card. Ref was decent tonight though especially by LOI standards.

Shocking suggests its a surprise.

Ye'll probably stay up.

El-Pietro
02/06/2017, 9:40 PM
Sean maguire is happening thats what.wonder what Caulfields plan B is when he goes.

Cop on. We're beating teams when Sean is off form too.

CraftyToePoke
02/06/2017, 9:41 PM
Cop on. We're beating teams when Sean is off form too.

Ha Ha, take a good big bite there.

El-Pietro
02/06/2017, 9:41 PM

Same mistakes every week

RathfarnhamHoop
02/06/2017, 9:42 PM
Shocking suggests its a surprise.

Ye'll probably stay up.

Considering recent form, Cork aside, it was a surprise.
Oh wow really? You think so? I was worried for a second.
You Cork lads are quickly swapping places with the dundalk ones for most annoying online.

sbgawa
02/06/2017, 9:43 PM

Bit harsh. But not up to recent standards. Pity 3 points tonight would have put us only 3 off second place.

RathfarnhamHoop
02/06/2017, 9:48 PM
Bit harsh. But not up to recent standards. Pity 3 points tonight would have put us only 3 off second place.
I honestly thought pats were the better team tonight. Looked lethargic once the goal went in. Even then I thought pats started stronger.

sbgawa
02/06/2017, 9:54 PM
Trevor had his first bad match this season, shows how much we will miss him.
Pats did play some decent football but if burke hadn't got himself sent off I was hoping for a high tempo finish and nick it. Sending off ended that dream.
Still think it's an improving team and will keep getting better , ,,,,12 new players ..second half of season will be interesting ..league over, all abut 2nd 3rd and 4th now

harpin
02/06/2017, 9:55 PM
Cracking night of football in Limerick, real end to end stuff with both teams having spells on top. Bray had a great chance to go 4-3 up but McCabe fluffed a one-on-one, and happily we made them pay with 2 late goals.

We decided to play safe in second half which was never going to work with our defence...was behind that chance it was Connelly not McCabe and it came off his shin...delighted Hery got us back in the lead after giving away the peno he was very good on the ball in the first

Dalymountrower
02/06/2017, 10:54 PM
Draw a fair result in Dalymount tonight Good crowd again but smallest turnout from Dogs I can remember.
Detainees from the Direct Provision centres were guests at the game tonight, yet another form of torture for them, seriously though, they enjoyed the night.

ToberonaTornado
02/06/2017, 11:05 PM
Fair play to Cork done us well in our own ground and all.

I see that the usual Cork suspect here is not willing to just enjoy the season their having and is still taking pot shots at others! GROW THE FUQ UP!!

MeathDrog
02/06/2017, 11:08 PM
Draw a fair result in Dalymount tonight Good crowd again but smallest turnout from Dogs I can remember.
Detainees from the Direct Provision centres were guests at the game tonight, yet another form of torture for them, seriously though, they enjoyed the night.
Was an awful game alright.

ToberonaTornado
02/06/2017, 11:15 PM
Been in my head all night:

DRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDAA

6 scoreless draws on the bounce i think?

Kingswood Rover
02/06/2017, 11:22 PM
Rovers players were dead on their feet in the 2nd half, more energy in a snail on sleeping tablets. the only one that looked fit was Finn, 2 games in 4 days big factor tonight.

Dodge
02/06/2017, 11:34 PM
I honestly thought pats were the better team tonight. Looked lethargic once the goal went in. Even then I thought pats started stronger.
Agreed. Another silly goal given away by Pats but for once they didn't collapse after doing so

Fagan and Lunney both missed several chances and Pats should really have won

Improved effort from Pats

Candystripe
03/06/2017, 12:13 AM
Derry unbeaten in nine after steadying the ship after losing Ryan. Serious amount of injuries this season too. Made hard work of the game though after going 2 up.

blueblood
03/06/2017, 1:04 AM
We decided to play safe in second half which was never going to work with our defence...was behind that chance it was Connelly not McCabe and it came off his shin...delighted Hery got us back in the lead after giving away the peno he was very good on the ball in the first
Never a penalty tho, Bastien motm

Charlie Darwin
03/06/2017, 1:38 AM
Cabo 3-3 UCD tonight.

Simultaneously a point saved and two dropped for us. Cabo were a truly awful team who just lumped clear to no-one for a good hour. Twice, they surprised us by actually finding a player, and scored one-on-ones.

But then to be a man up after 75, and score on 77 and 80, you have to hack on and win the game. Especially when Cabo bizarrely start to come out and attack for the last ten.

Anyways, worth the tenner.
I thought both teams played some decent stuff actually. Both teams did. UCD are a lovely team to watch, especially the young lads McLelland and O'Connor, but defensively you were all over the shop.

Charlie Darwin
03/06/2017, 1:44 AM
That's nonsense, to be fair. They have goals all over the pitch. Granted, some of that is the fact Maguire occupies so many players with his movement, but having watched the game back tonight Cork would have won without him.

Rovers were pretty poor tonight. Thought not playing McAllister backfired as Connolly looked leggy in his second game back, but in general Pats just controlled most of the game. A lot of talent in that team and they'll be OK if they can maintain that level.

Burke is an absolute spanner. Was probably the best player on the pitch until then alongside your man Desmond for Pats.

JC_GUFC
03/06/2017, 6:17 AM
Derry unbeaten in nine after steadying the ship after losing Ryan. Serious amount of injuries this season too. Made hard work of the game though after going 2 up.

Our problem is clear. We have played 17 League games and scored the first goal only once.
Our HT record is 0-6-11 and we've only scored 4 first half goals.
It looks like Shane Keegan is good at devising a plan for the 2nd half and reacting to what he's seen in the first but why can't we have a plan that works for the first half??

I think our players are good enough but for the first time all season I think we might go down.

pineapple stu
03/06/2017, 6:36 AM
I thought both teams played some decent stuff actually. Both teams did. UCD are a lovely team to watch, especially the young lads McLelland and O'Connor, but defensively you were all over the shop.
Yeah, unusual to see us so open at the back alright.

But for pretty much the entire first half - after they scored the soft early goal - all Cabo did was boot long out of defence and straight back to us. We must have had 70/80% possession. They made practically no attempt to pass the ball - was all just first time lump it up the pitch.

They improved second half in fairness, and started playing properly once they went down to ten, which made no sense really.

legendz
03/06/2017, 9:26 AM
The bottom 3 at the moment will enhance the First Division next year for the first time since the Premier re-expanded to 12.

Derry, Dundalk and Shamrock are only visiting Limerick once this year. As long as the powers that be don't plump for the ridiculous split, Limerick can look forward to Cork, Derry, Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers coming twice. No offence to the rest but these are the quality teams people want to see.

RathfarnhamHoop
03/06/2017, 11:36 AM
Agreed. Another silly goal given away by Pats but for once they didn't collapse after doing so

Fagan and Lunney both missed several chances and Pats should really have won

Improved effort from Pats

You're players looked like they were going to collapse once the goal went in but I think holding out until half time was key, if rovers had got a second I felt that was game over.

AlanOB
03/06/2017, 1:13 PM
In-depth analysis of a crazy game at the Markets Field, in which both sides defensive structures were out-to-lunch, here (https://tacticstruck2.com/2017/06/03/limerick-5-3-bray-wanderers-defences-out-to-lunch-at-the-markets-field/).

Comic Book Guy
03/06/2017, 2:19 PM
Not the best game in Cobh last night, Wexford played well and frustrated Ramblers and should have had a penalty just before we scored, still nice to keep the pressure on Waterford going into the break.

oriel
03/06/2017, 2:35 PM
Dundalk were absolutely dreadful last night and were miles off Cork in every area. Totally outplayed, a shambles for the last 20 summed up by schoolboy defending for the 3rd goal. No complaints with the result, maybe 3 flattered Cork but they were worthy winners and look an excellent side. During the middle of the second half we actually enjoyed watching Cork play, moved the ball perfectly around and great running, the game was up anyway at that stage.

They need to back it up now in Europe, but on this form they look in very good shape. I'd be very worried about our hopes now in Europe, having to lift things after last night will be tough enough, total rebuilding is what's required, a lot of players are just not good enough.

bluemovie
03/06/2017, 3:02 PM
Really good win for the Blues last night. It was over once we got the second after 18 minutes. It's been years since I've had that feeling (although we lost a lot of games that way last year). We've been creating lots of chances without taking them so sooner or later, somebody was going to take a hammering. Felt a bit bad for Roddy, but it sets us up really nicely going into the break and with the transfer window to come.

legendz
03/06/2017, 3:13 PM
Really good win for the Blues last night. It was over once we got the second after 18 minutes. It's been years since I've had that feeling (although we lost a lot of games that way last year). We've been creating lots of chances without taking them so sooner or later, somebody was going to take a hammering. Felt a bit bad for Roddy, but it sets us up really nicely going into the break and with the transfer window to come.
It's good to hear ye are back in song after a few tough years. After Derry, Cork and Limerick were promoted in near consecutive seasons, Waterford seemed to be next in line before the wheels came off. It'll be a good year to get promoted before 3 quality teams invigorate the First Division.

bluemovie
03/06/2017, 3:19 PM
Thanks legendz. A few horrific years - I stayed off foot.ie. Was trying to limit my exposure to the trauma to 90 minutes per week. Yeah we did seem to be next in line then, but the same was true back in 2008/9 when Dundalk, UCD and Fingal went up. Everyone thought it would be our turn next. The best year we had was 2010 but that excellent Derry side pipped us and Hendo blew the play-off. We weren't anywhere near as good two years later when we lost the play-off to Dundalk. Seánie Maguire had the same impact on us as he's had with Cork this year, but overall we weren't strong. I'm a realist so I'll be surprised if we aren't promoted this year. Not saying it's a sure thing, but it's looking good.

Calcio Jack
03/06/2017, 4:49 PM
Dundalk were absolutely dreadful last night and were miles off Cork in every area. Totally outplayed, a shambles for the last 20 summed up by schoolboy defending for the 3rd goal. No complaints with the result, maybe 3 flattered Cork but they were worthy winners and look an excellent side. During the middle of the second half we actually enjoyed watching Cork play, moved the ball perfectly around and great running, the game was up anyway at that stage.

They need to back it up now in Europe, but on this form they look in very good shape. I'd be very worried about our hopes now in Europe, having to lift things after last night will be tough enough, total rebuilding is what's required, a lot of players are just not good enough.

So has Dundalk now become like Rovers from 2011 onwards? I.e. Complancy sets in and suddenly players who were excellent now looking 'lazy' ,I was particularly surprised to read today's match reports of how poor Massey was as for last few years he was terrific .

Is this just the way of the LOI where players with right management can look terrific but ultimately they drop off - which of course explains why so few ever make it across the water.

Big challenge for Kenny and the club - he's made a small fortune via his bonus for last season , so maybe subconsciously he also is not quite able to work at the same level as previous seasons?

Whilst Caulfield whatever one thinks regarding his technical ability has the advantage of being 'driven ' and that for me explains a lot of the reason Cork are doing well.

Rovers meanwhile continue to flounder on account of continuing poor decision making by our board.

legendz
03/06/2017, 5:16 PM
So has Dundalk now become like Rovers from 2011 onwards? I.e. Complancy sets in and suddenly players who were excellent now looking 'lazy' ,I was particularly surprised to read today's match reports of how poor Massey was as for last few years he was terrific .

Is this just the way of the LOI where players with right management can look terrific but ultimately they drop off - which of course explains why so few ever make it across the water.

Big challenge for Kenny and the club - he's made a small fortune via his bonus for last season , so maybe subconsciously he also is not quite able to work at the same level as previous seasons?

Whilst Caulfield whatever one thinks regarding his technical ability has the advantage of being 'driven ' and that for me explains a lot of the reason Cork are doing well.

Rovers meanwhile continue to flounder on account of continuing poor decision making by our board.

Padraig Harrington used to speak of setting goals. Someone might have a goal to win a major. If they achieve it but hadn't set a goal for after that it can be quite difficult to readjust and set a new focus on attaining the same and/or other majors.

There's naturally a lot of different aspects at play here. Losing quality players, short off season, some players possibly played at a higher level last season that they might not reach again, dodgy decisions going against them, Cork's awesome form and the bit that Cork have between the teeth right now.

Dundalk started very well last night. Cork crucially had the quality to nudge in front and then to kick on from there. I can't see Dundalk fading too far away. Time naturally will tell.

Dodge
03/06/2017, 6:01 PM
You're players looked like they were going to collapse once the goal went in but I think holding out until half time was key, if rovers had got a second I felt that was game over.
No one who's watched Pats over the past 2 years could argue with that. Thankfully fought back well in the second half