PDA

View Full Version : Town face La Liga giants

Longfordian
20/02/2005, 11:48 PM
As part of their training camp in Spain this week, the Boys in Red and Black are taking on Sevilla at their home ground on Wednesday, should be good experience for them all.

RockofGibraltar
21/02/2005, 11:51 AM
Bohs did the same thing around 2 or 3 years ago. Should be good experience for the lads

Longfordian
23/02/2005, 9:02 PM
Sevilla 3 Longford 2. Town went two nil up and were seemingly excellent for over an hour until the fitness of Sevilla told and they got three goals close together. Goals came from Andy Myler and an own goal. Sevilla's team featured six first team players.

pineapple stu
23/02/2005, 10:36 PM
How come Sevilla were playing? Had they a week off or did they just feel like taking on the mighty Town? Seems strange to arrange such a random friendly coming towards the end of the season. Still, encouraging result. See yez've learnt from Vaduz! :)

Longfordian
23/02/2005, 10:41 PM
The team are at a training complex nearby, they wanted a match to give players coming back from injury and such a game,it was played this afternoon. We're playing a Danish Premier team on Friday, FC Midtjylland, finished second last season seemingly

pineapple stu
24/02/2005, 12:40 PM
The team are at a training complex nearby, they wanted a match to give players coming back from injury and such a game,it was played this afternoon.
I can understand it from Longford's point of view (and Midtjylland, being in close season as well), but just curious as to what Seville are going to gain from it? Suppose it beats training...

Longfordian
24/02/2005, 12:43 PM
As you said, they felt it was something different than training, they do this fairly regularly seemingly. No real reserve team football in Spain also so friendlies like these give them the chance to try players and help them back from injury too.

Maz
26/02/2005, 8:13 AM
Any word on yesterdays game?

higgins
26/02/2005, 9:17 AM
For the information of COP ON :mad:

Shels did indeed draw 0-0 with a local team called Marbella (What league or standard they are I cant tell)

On the plus side we just beat FC Chiasso from the swiss 1st Division 4-1 yesterday. Goals coming from Jason Byrne, Gary O'Neill and 2 from Crowe. We also made a good few subs.

FC Chiasso are joint 3rd in the Swiss 1st Division of which FC Vaduz are top.

You do remember the mighty FC Vaduz dont you ;)

town73
26/02/2005, 10:03 AM
Maz, check out the Town website (http://www.longfordtownfc.com/home.htm)

Maz
26/02/2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks alot!! :)

Dillo
26/02/2005, 9:22 PM
Tell ye that's a very positive result against the dogged danes. We obviously don't know the ins and outs of the game but all in all to loose to such highly ranked oppostion by a single goal bodes well for Matthews side. That week's training in Spain could prove very beneficial to the red and black. Roll on the Glens on the 15th! :cool:

Longfordian
27/02/2005, 11:56 PM
They're a strong team seemingly, they have a 16,000 stadium, get big crowds and have a fantastic set up seemingly. Didn't hear an awful lot about the game but apparently their manager was impressed with our team and was very surprised that some of our players had been let go by English clubs/not been picked up by English clubs.

Sonic
28/02/2005, 4:09 PM
I doubt that sevilla had six first team regulars because the game was played on wednesday and sevilla had a game in the last 32 of the uefa cup the next day

Longfordian
28/02/2005, 4:17 PM
As I said elsewhere on this subject, I didn't say first team regulars, just first teamers i.e. players that have played for their first team. I'm told it was mainly younger players and players returning from injury. Does it really matter anyway? They were going to be a strong team whoever they put out and a good few of them are Spanish underage internationals seemingly.