PDA

View Full Version : Update re dundalk game

Éanna
02/02/2002, 5:04 PM
Just onto one of the players (tut tut more name-dropping :D ) he figures the game will be on. so fingers crossed!

joe
02/02/2002, 5:37 PM
Trevor Welch announced a minute ago on The Big Red Bench that the match will go ahead tomorrow after an inspection today by Pat Kelly.

Éanna
02/02/2002, 6:00 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! Nice one! Will there be another inspection tomorrow though?

Peadar
02/02/2002, 7:23 PM
I'm getting the train down in the morning so could someone let me know if it's off? I don't want to arrive down and end up watching another crap Liverpool game on the box.
Let's hope Dundalk are as bad as they've been the past few games.

Gary
02/02/2002, 7:30 PM
Im going for a City win. 3-1 after going behind to an early goal. Cpob to get a brace with Flynn coming off the bench to score a 30 yard lob over the hapless Dundalk keeper in the second minute of injury time. Chants of Murphy out ring through ther air anyway, with Peadar at pitch side consoling Gunther, telling him that they aren't real fans like him, and he is a good manager. :D

sorry Peadar ;)

Peadar
02/02/2002, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Chants of Murphy out ring through ther air anyway, with Peadar at pitch side consoling Gunther, telling him that they aren't real fans like him, and he is a good manager.

I would never say that someone who turns up for a game against Dundalk isn't a real fan.
Secondly I never wanted Liam Murphy to be Manager.
He's a good coach but wouldn't be my choice as Manager.
Having said that, there's not much about the job he does that I can fault.

Prediction (weather permitting)
Cork City FC 2-0 Dundalk Town
Morley 33
Bennett 74

SÓC
03/02/2002, 12:41 AM
I have to say I agree with Peadar.

There are people who knock Murphy, pointing to conspiricy theories behind the scences that they know about, however I prefere to judge a manager with results and the signings he makes. Like it or not he is doing a good job considering the financail constraints the board place him under.

Gunther- results good
Signings- Good, O'Grady best signing ever, Mucky looking good.

As for Peadars prediction, I wounder what odds you'd get on have the correct scorers and times???? :D :D :D

rebel yell
03/02/2002, 7:27 AM
2-0 City against our bogey team. Definitely not one for the purists
though.

Éanna
03/02/2002, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by rebel yell
Definitely not one for the purists though.
or anyone else who's got a semblance of sanity left! I'd say there'll be better soccer played in the 6 nations game.

Gary
03/02/2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
I would never say that someone who turns up for a game against Dundalk isn't a real fan.

Erra I'm only having a joke with ya. :D

yan
03/02/2002, 10:49 AM
CITY TO WIN 4-0

WE HAV TO TRUNCE SOME1 SOON