PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Mexico friendly (1st June 2017 8pm - MetLife Stadium, New Jersey)

boysingreen
09/05/2017, 2:47 PM
Anyone going to this one? I'm a local, planning on picking up tickets soon and wondering what section (if any heh) might have a bit of atmosphere.

BonnieShels
09/05/2017, 3:39 PM
I'd say POSH is gonna go

KrisLetang
09/05/2017, 4:09 PM
The friendlies I have been to there in the last 10-15 years or so have been awful. It's just not the same as other events. No juice for them. I actually nodded off during one VS Ecuador. One featuring the immortal Joe Lampira. This one will be 90% Mexican fans if ICE isn't at the gates checking ID's. POSH comes here to shop, the game is a pleasant diversion. You would be better off going to the Track next door.

boysingreen
09/05/2017, 4:32 PM
Afraid you're right about the atmosphere! But I have to take what little chances I have to see the boys in green.

Was at the Portgual game at MetLife in 2014, and the Spain game at Yankee Stadium. I just want to sit in an Irish section if there's such a thing, knowing there will be a big Mexico turnout.

KrisLetang
09/05/2017, 4:36 PM
Irish section has been shrinking like George Costanza in a cold pool. Far from that glorious day of WC 94. I understand wanting to go of course. If my Nephew wasn't a psychotic 4 years old I would take him.

boysingreen
09/05/2017, 4:39 PM
Tell him it's a grave matter; the shrinking Irish section needs bodies!

boysingreen
09/05/2017, 4:42 PM
Maybe we should get a rumor going that Conor McGregor's lining out.

gspain01
15/05/2017, 3:24 PM
There will only be a handful of travelling fans for this. I reckon less than 20. Some have bought in 226. However there are more likely to be bigger local based groups of Irish fans.

The atmosphere will be nowhere near as good as it was at games such as Oman home. We've been significantly outnumbered by fans of Spain, Costa Rica and Portugal in recent games.