PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up with Bray

cabo2005
18/02/2005, 4:40 PM
Sick of going to the games and seeing 6-12 year olds running around and having no interest in the games. so many of them, only club in the league

BobtheDrog
18/02/2005, 5:30 PM
used to be a big problem at united park but has lessened over the past year

A face
18/02/2005, 7:32 PM
Cork City didn't have a huge problem but Lennox has said that kids under 15 or something aren't allowed in without parents, which is perfect because we get a paying adult through the gate now as well.

Aberdonian Stu
19/02/2005, 3:53 PM
Yeah that's good to a point but it might turn off a few kids. Depends on the problem though. Bray, for example, gets loads of really pesky annoying kids in who have no interest and just start on away fans.

Student Mullet
19/02/2005, 5:41 PM
The problem isn't the children, they'll do whatever they're allowed to get away with. The problem is the security men who don't stop them from making a nusience of themselves. This happens every game but the security men wait untill they get a complaint before they act.

sligoman
19/02/2005, 5:48 PM
Sick of going to the games and seeing 6-12 year olds running around and having no interest in the games. so many of them, only club in the league

Ye think ye are bad. we have every little scumbag and knacker coming to the showgrounds just to run around and try to cause trouble. That under 12 no entry without an adult thing does'nt work cos we have it here and yet it's full of little ****es who more than likely could'nt even name half the players on the team. :mad: . It's time they got more strict on that rule.

Éanna
19/02/2005, 10:58 PM
Cork City didn't have a huge problem but Lennox has said that kids under 15 or something aren't allowed in without parents, which is perfect because we get a paying adult through the gate now as well.
that rule isn't properly enforced at all. Towards the end of last season there were a load of annoying kids who were ****ed and fighting with each other, paying no attention to the game :mad:

Student Mullet
20/02/2005, 11:49 AM
there were a load of annoying kids who were ... fighting with each other, paying no attention to the gameYou get an ammount of that at every game. A game of football, like anything else, won't always hold a childs attention for two hours and if they just annoy each other that doesn't put out with me. The problem, which is particular to Bray, is that the children go out of their way to annoy the away fans.

Éanna
20/02/2005, 12:01 PM
You get an ammount of that at every game. A game of football, like anything else, won't always hold a childs attention for two hours and if they just annoy each other that doesn't put out with me. The problem, which is particular to Bray, is that the children go out of their way to annoy the away fans.
if the kids don't want to watch the game, then they either shouldn't be there, or should be in a section of the ground where they don't annoy other people. Parents seem to use football grounds as surrogate babysitting services. Bray is the worst for it, but I've seen it in most grounds in this league

BohDiddley
20/02/2005, 1:06 PM
I think it's a mistake to single out one club on this. It's a feature of most EL games that clubs should work on getting rid of if they're serious about projecting a decent image that will attract more fans.
Apart from the fact that they are simply a distraction, their presence, and the tolerance shown to them (usually because stewards are too unfit to do anything) can taint the whole atmosphere at games and comes across really badly on the box.

pete
20/02/2005, 2:14 PM
Its hard to think of an away ground (maybe longford) that i haven't seen away fans been annoyed by 10 year olds...

Bray definitely the worst creche in the league as seems to be large percentage of creche kids.

Anyway theres lots of other reasons to hate Bray ;)

Longfordian
21/02/2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah in our place the ten year olds just run around amusing themselves rather than annoying anyone in particular, apart from those working in the shop at the game. I've seen it, as others have said, at nearly every ground, most kids come with adults but the adults then absolve themselves from any responsibility for their kids' behaviour whilst at the game. Stewards should tackle it but in most cases they're too pre-occupied with watching the game to notice.

Terry
21/02/2005, 7:21 AM
Ye think ye are bad. we have every little scumbag and knacker coming to the showgrounds just to run around and try to cause trouble. That under 12 no entry without an adult thing does'nt work cos we have it here and yet it's full of little ****es who more than likely could'nt even name half the players on the team. :mad: . It's time they got more strict on that rule.

exact same problem at terryland :mad:

Macy
21/02/2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah in our place the ten year olds just run around amusing themselves rather than annoying anyone in particular, apart from those working in the shop at the game.
There's that annoying little untc that comes into section O - he písses me off most of the time (even though he only starts on Stapo's Army)....

Bray definitely the worse. The only other place that I'd say comes close is Waterford if you're in the ground. Can't think of anywhere else that I've particularly noticed....

De Town
21/02/2005, 10:31 AM
Can't think of anywhere else that I've particularly noticed....
Pats..... :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
21/02/2005, 12:36 PM
Drogheda have a couple, though not in the same league as Bray or Pat's. A couple of them were annoying us in the Cup replay, so I walloped one of them over the head with the flagpole. He whines to the steward, who comes over to ask if I had hit him on the head. I said that actually what happened was that Drogheda had just scored, the kids started jumping up and down in front of me and one of them whacked his head off of the flagpole which I was casually and unmaliciously holding! Whereupon, the nice steward turned around to the kids and told them to feck off and stop annoying us! :)

Wiseguy
21/02/2005, 1:40 PM
Nice one Pineapple Stu.Yeah Drogheda has a good few little sh1ts going around annoying people so it's not just exclusive to Bray.The simple thing is that no kids under 12 should be permitted without an adult and must remain supervised by that adult at all times.This should be a league rule which is strictly enforced because one day a little sh1t will fall over and hurt himself and a club has a lawsuit on it's hands despite of any policy the club may have to personal safety on it's premises.People who are finding children a pain at matches should immediately report them to the nearest stewart who most of the time will move them on but the problem remains in enforcement.Clubs want to appear to be family friendly yet strict so they have to find a balance.

joey B
21/02/2005, 1:53 PM
Good point Sligoman walking to the away end last season and some little f**kwit tried to start me :mad: Thought it was pretty amusing as he was about 5 foot and i'm lets say rather larger.