PDA

View Full Version : City chase Jamaican intl. Lawrence

Éanna
17/02/2005, 2:47 PM
11aside.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=16071)

city are one of 3 clubs after Jamie lawrence ex-Bradford. I remember him in the premiership with the pink hair. He's 34 now, always struck me as a decent player, but is he good enough, or young enough?

tiktok
17/02/2005, 2:51 PM
He's 34 now, always struck me as a decent player, but is he good enough, or young enough?

Looks familiar from the photo alright, but can't claim to remember much about him.

Anyway, if he's good enough, then he's young enough, once he's not just some journeyman pro trying to make a quick killing while playing within himself, you know, like Liam O'Brien, Carlton Palmer, Efan Ekoku.

Listed in places as a hard tackling midfielder/wing back

Gary
17/02/2005, 2:55 PM
Wasnt he in and out of prison a fair bit a few years ago.

Dunno would that be a good signing at all. Could bring alot of hgassle to the club.

Éanna
17/02/2005, 3:00 PM
Wasnt he in and out of prison a fair bit a few years ago.

Dunno would that be a good signing at all. Could bring alot of hgassle to the club.
I was wondering if it was the same guy alright.i think he was jailed for armed robbery or something :eek:

be a good way to deal with all our unpaid bills such as UL etc :eek: :D

thecorner
17/02/2005, 3:20 PM
FFS. hope we arent going down the road dublin city did last year bringing crap over here just to get one last contract and a few quid

WeAreRovers
17/02/2005, 3:28 PM
FFS. hope we arent going down the road dublin city did last year bringing crap over here just to get one last contract and a few quid

I wouldn't worry about it, we're in for him as well and he fits Roddy's criteria perfectly - too old, dodgy attitude etc etc. So he'll be Rovers player very soon. :rolleyes:

KOH

ollie
18/02/2005, 11:05 AM
11aside.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=16071)

I remember him in the premiership with the pink hair.

i think he used to have it dyed like lepord skin as well as purple.used to have a different hair style every month.haven't heard anything of him in years now.

ollie
18/02/2005, 11:32 AM
after a bit of googling i found out...
he is currently at brentford but i think his contract has expired since last month.played 17 times with them this season.he'll be 35 by the time the EL starts.has 1 cap with jamaica.can play anywhere in midfield,gets stuck in.

Fermoy Blue
18/02/2005, 7:01 PM
Is this a signal of Citys ambition, Shels sign Crowe,Hawkins and Ryan and City are looking at this washed up hold-up man.Still can't blame him tho',obviously he's been reading Da Paper and is aware of all the bankrobbas hiding out in Cork. Rumour also has it that he has also spoken with the biggest thief of em all,Neale''Money for Jam''Fenn!!

A face
18/02/2005, 7:44 PM
Is this a signal of Citys ambition

So FB ... will you tell us, what way do the grapes taste ?? :p