PDA

View Full Version : William Murphy

Roo69
17/02/2005, 9:29 AM
Played for St. Pats 21's last season, is now training with us - Left Back. He's Dad, Johnny Murphy went over to Arsenal the same day as Liam Brady and David O'Leary and was actually by all accounts a much better footballer than both of them. Came home early because of home sickness. RET actually made a programme about him a few years back.

KK77
17/02/2005, 10:27 AM
Played for St. Pats 21's last season, is now training with us - Left Back. He's Dad, Johnny Murphy went over to Arsenal the same day as Liam Brady and David O'Leary and was actually by all accounts a much better footballer than both of them. Came home early because of home sickness. RET actually made a programme about him a few years back.

Better than "BRADY" get off the funny stuff for f**k sake sure Brady made the ball bloody talk the best Arsenal player ever you have got to be joking with that statement my ribs are nearly broke from laughing at that one.

drummerboy
17/02/2005, 11:01 AM
Johnny Murphy went on to become a Rugby international for Ireland.

KK77
17/02/2005, 11:20 AM
True enough he did though to say he was better than O'Leary and Brady is silly to say the least i mean he went home because he was homesick yet how come O'Leary was homesick the most of the four yet he made it tells us something. Ifs and buts the old old story!!!!

Roo69
17/02/2005, 11:24 AM
True enough he did though to say he was better than O'Leary and Brady is silly to say the least i mean he went home because he was homesick yet how come O'Leary was homesick the most of the four yet he made it tells us something. Ifs and buts the old old story!!!!

Your a strange one Rafa ! Johnny Murphy was a better footballer than both of them when he went over, thats fact ! he was so highly regarded that Arsenal came back to Ireland on several occasions to try and get him back.

KK77
17/02/2005, 12:06 PM
yeah history shows Brady stayed and made it sure my great grandad was better than George Best but hey he wasn't good enough point being theres thousands great at 15,16, 17 years of age god i remember Devo knocking Rory Vances door down years ago want happened to him???? Brady was and always was a better player than Murphy facts proved that he was a genius on the ball don't be making a laugh of yourself saying things like that actually are you related to Johnny Murphy by any chance?

Roo69
17/02/2005, 12:26 PM
yeah history shows Brady stayed and made it sure my great grandad was better than George Best but hey he wasn't good enough point being theres thousands great at 15,16, 17 years of age god i remember Devo knocking Rory Vances door down years ago want happened to him???? Brady was and always was a better player than Murphy facts proved that he was a genius on the ball don't be making a laugh of yourself saying things like that actually are you related to Johnny Murphy by any chance?

No actually i'm not related to Johnny Murphy, i don't even know him.

KK77
17/02/2005, 1:03 PM
O right was just wondering i think William Murphy had trials in England???

Roo69
17/02/2005, 1:22 PM
O right was just wondering i think William Murphy had trials in England???

Yeah he did, Wolves i think ? could be wrong though