PDA

View Full Version : Anti-diving wrist bands

Roo69
17/02/2005, 7:45 AM
ROY KEANE has taken a swipe at Arsenal by calling for anti-DIVING wristbands. Keane claimed Ashley Cole cheated during Manchester United’s 4-2 Highbury win last month.

The United skipper then poked fun at the growing trend of wearing coloured wristbands to promote campaigns. He said: “I wasn’t sure what Cole was up to. If I’d known I might have reacted differently. More....... (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005072649,00.html)

Karlos
17/02/2005, 7:47 AM
ROY KEANE has taken a swipe at Arsenal by calling for anti-DIVING wristbands. Keane claimed Ashley Cole cheated during Manchester United’s 4-2 Highbury win last month.

The United skipper then poked fun at the growing trend of wearing coloured wristbands to promote campaigns. He said: “I wasn’t sure what Cole was up to. If I’d known I might have reacted differently. More....... (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005072649,00.html)

ha ha, he should get Rooney, Ruud & Neville (http://www.blogfc.com/images/nevillestrop.gif) to launch the campaign, we all know it only takes a phonecall to Nike!! :D :D :D

thecorner
17/02/2005, 9:48 AM
ha ha, he should get Rooney, Ruud & Neville to launch the campaign, we all know it only takes a phonecall to Nike!! :D :D :D

didnt take you long to get ur daily rant in

dublinred
17/02/2005, 9:59 AM
Great Idea , Roy is speaking from experience having been sent off himself for diving a few years back.

Karlos
17/02/2005, 10:30 AM
didnt take you long to get ur daily rant in

ohh touchy this morning! :D

You might have seen it was meant in jest or maybe a sence of humour doesn't exist anymore on here! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

p.s. was merely responding to Roy's daily rant! :)

the ox
21/02/2005, 1:00 PM
obv diving is out of order. but keane wouldnt wear the anti-racism tracksuit. racism is a far worse evil than diving. if the tosser won't publicly back anti-racism initiatives, then I don't care what he's got to say. plus if someone is anti-poverty, anti-racism, anti-cancer and anti-diving (like me) and anti-godknowswhatelse they'll be weighed down with wristbands and unable to run

Macy
21/02/2005, 1:04 PM
plus if someone is anti-poverty, anti-racism, anti-cancer and anti-diving (like me) and anti-godknowswhatelse they'll be weighed down with wristbands and unable to run
That's why I think they should launch an anti-wristband, wristband. We could whore it out to some big global corporation that runs sweat shops with no workers rights. It'd be perfect...

dublinred
21/02/2005, 1:16 PM
Was that against Blackburn?

I thought it was Arsenal , may have been Blackburn was a while ago.

Karlos
21/02/2005, 1:17 PM
That's why I think they should launch an anti-wristband, wristband. We could whore it out to some big global corporation that runs sweat shops with no workers rights. It'd be perfect...

I think some american punk rock lads might have beat us to it with a black anti-wristband wristband! Saw an article about it on line - see below. :D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050211/144/fc9lz.html

Macy
21/02/2005, 1:18 PM
Was that against Blackburn?
Second yellow. It wasn't actually a dive (nor a foul either), he was just brought down with a challenge in the box - no one, including him (or the fans behind the goal) actually appealed for a peno. Blackburn had already had a man sent off, so a proper evening up decision.

Song of the day: Boom Boom Boom, Let me hear you say Keano - Keano :D

Stevo Da Gull
21/02/2005, 9:28 PM
ha ha, he should get Rooney, Ruud & Neville (http://www.blogfc.com/images/nevillestrop.gif) to launch the campaign,

You could'nt possibly be suggesting that Rooney, Ruud or Neville would ever do such a thing :eek: , have you not heard or Ruud's terrible nerve problems which make him fall over when some1 comes within a 2foot radius of him inside the box. And you could quite clearly see that poor Wayne was swept off his feet by the gust of air between himself and Sol C at old Trafford, as for Neville..... the poor fella's just stupid

razor
24/02/2005, 9:21 AM
Deco last night was a disgrace.
Referees are not helping the situation, if he got a yellow every time he tried this then he might think better of it.

roboyle
24/02/2005, 2:03 PM
Deco last night was a disgrace.
Referees are not helping the situation, if he got a yellow every time he tried this then he might think better of it.

Agreed, that dive was so obvious I almost laughed - seems there's no punishment for it, he gets away scot(t) free to try it again some other time when the ref just might be fooled...

Also, Marquez deserved a card for raking Drogba in the first half - if it's good enogh for RVN to get suspended for three games then he deserved a card at least...

razor
25/02/2005, 8:08 AM
Look the ref cant punish Deco if he didnt see him. He has only got 2 eyes like the rest of us.
If you look at the replay from the opposite camera, Frisk is about 5-10 yards away and looking straight at Deco as he dove like a ballerina.
Don't be making excuses for that prima donna (do u like my highlights?)excuse for a referee.

onenilgameover
27/02/2005, 4:05 AM
How about anti-diving yellow cards and stick this wrist band scam in the bin......