PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what Amanda Brunker said??

joeSoap
16/02/2005, 9:43 AM
Dunphy says sorry to bishop over gossip beauty's radio allegation

Eamon Dunphy apologised to Bishop Comiskey for Amanda Brunker's on-air remarks.

EAMON DUNPHY yesterday apologised to Bishop Brendan Comiskey for comments made about the cleric on his morning radio show.

The apology came after former Miss Ireland Amanda Brunker made serious unfounded allegations on Dunphy's Newstalk 106 breakfast show.

The controversial broadcaster had tried to stop Ms Brunker from making the claims on last Friday morning's programme.

Ms Brunker (34), the show's gossip columnist, could not be contacted to clarify whether she too was going to apologise to Bishop Comiskey.

Before making the allegations, Brunker had saidlive: "Maybe I shouldn't say this . . . " but she continued anyway despite Dunphy's protestations.

After the comments, which were reported to be potentially libelous, Dunphy immediately told listeners: "We didn't mean it. We dissociate ourselves from that remark."

Later he said: "Oh my God. The corporation is going down the drain. Amanda, thank you very much."

He then added: "Her career is over, we'll end up busking on Grafton Street."

But an effort to settle the matter took the form of a live formal apology on air, after a series of discussions between legal representatives from both sides.

A spokesperson for Newstalk said two separate apologies were made.

The former Bishop of Ferns, Dr Comiskey (69), who resigned three years ago over his handling of clerical sex abuse in his diocese, is thought to be back in Ireland after spending time in the US.

He had moved to New York to take a course in drug and alcohol counselling after his retirement.

$Leon$
16/02/2005, 9:48 AM
didn't hear it but u could probably guess the sort of thing she said

the 12 th man
16/02/2005, 9:52 AM
lads,
this is dodgy and could lead to the site being sued.

maybe by pm if you know the offending quote ?

Gareth
16/02/2005, 9:58 AM
I know what she said, but I wont post it up, but eitherway what a dosy fool of a woman to say it on air!! Doubt she'll be a gossip columnist much longer. Silly woman!

joeSoap
16/02/2005, 9:58 AM
I don't know what she said...but it must have been pretty cutting and acerbic in order for Dumphy to get frazzled by it... :eek:

Gareth
16/02/2005, 10:13 AM
What if you use the word Alledgedly (did I spell that right, looks wrong) alot. Will that save potential libel action? :)

tiktok
16/02/2005, 10:26 AM
what if I was to post a link to a regional newspaper that have the story on their website, which I found by putting the names of the protagonists into a popular search engine?

joeSoap
16/02/2005, 10:27 AM
If the allegation was mentioned, but no names were attached, or even area of the person involved???

Gareth
16/02/2005, 10:32 AM
Once upon a time in a land far far away there was this person who liked to tell "potentially-legally-libalous" stories. She had a friend, an ugly lil knome man who everyone dispite his displeasing appearance loved and people listened and chortled at his every Last Word. so one day.......

the 12 th man
16/02/2005, 10:34 AM
she named places and people in the interview so there is no real way to
keep it safe.

stickyjoe
16/02/2005, 10:43 AM
search engine worked alright

story was a bit of a let down though ;)

Macy
16/02/2005, 10:51 AM
I got distracted by the "Amanda Brunker Is A Cow" petition :D

dahamsta
16/02/2005, 11:27 AM
Why are we looking for "loopholes" for a way to post this information on Foot.ie? Why don't ye just stop wasting people's time and go look elsewhere?

adam