PDA

View Full Version : City V Glasgow Celtic

pete
15/06/2001, 12:34 PM
So whose going to de match...?

joe
15/06/2001, 12:39 PM
not a chance - still trying to finalise a trip to latvia and if i've any money left over it will be going on a season ticket, not one match.

Éanna
15/06/2001, 1:14 PM
Couldn't be bothered spedning that kind of money on one game. They're screwing the plastic paddies, and I wouldn't want to get in the way of that! I'll be away, but even if I was here, I doubt i'd be going.

pete
15/06/2001, 1:19 PM
Me neither, even if was in Cork wouldn't go.

I think City may have priced the tickets a bit too high to sell out he ground anyway.

This may be popular but IMO City usually done well at the start of the season as they don't have too many or any high profile friendlies. Playing a teams thats too strong for them wouldn't be good preparation whereas playing the usual english 2nd/3rd division teams is good as they're of similiar standard.....

Neil
15/06/2001, 2:11 PM
I normally wouldn't miss a City match for the world but this game might be a bit too much for me to handle. I don't know if it would be good for my health to go and see thousands of West-Brits signing their praises for a foreign team ahead of their own. It would disgust me if the crowd started booing City at any stage (as happened in Tolka Park a couple of years ago, when the crowd jeered Shels onto the pitch!). I hope City clean up financially and the money is put to good use in the future. Other than that I don't really care about the match.

James
15/06/2001, 5:34 PM
not going to happen.
i'm off to boston so trying to get in as many matches as possible b4 i go.

Anyway I'll be in holland watching city play in the interfloppo second round then

A face
15/06/2001, 9:16 PM
i am going but a good few of my mates are and my dad, he never goes to the cross so i am going with him (sounds sad i know)

I'll up date you all on the event anyway.

James
15/06/2001, 9:28 PM
dont bother...we'll be in Holland anyway cheering on the city first team.

joe
15/06/2001, 9:38 PM
so no one on this board is going for definite?

James
15/06/2001, 9:40 PM
looks like it boss
we're all goning to be at the big/important city match that w/end

A face
15/06/2001, 10:01 PM
sheeze lads ... dont hold it against me .... will this come back to haunt me !!

Conor B
15/06/2001, 10:36 PM
Hey I thought Celtic vowed never to come back to Cork after the way they were treated in Bishopstown, bet none of the hierarchy remember that one, but that's what happened, ok City grab the cash, but hold the players for the second round, common vote on that, good luck City, Good Night!

joe
15/06/2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Conor B
Hey I thought Celtic vowed never to come back to Cork after the way they were treated in Bishopstown, bet none of the hierarchy remember that one

wasn't that the time Liam Brady described Bishopstown as a building site?

Conor B
15/06/2001, 10:58 PM
I don't believe this, an 'Administrator' Sh***ing on his own history, was is not Bishopstown where City almost pulled off the result that would have not seen them play MUTV in the next round, when a Decy Daly half volley was headed off the line and Galatasaray counter attacked and Kubalay Turkiliymanaz (impressive?) scored the winner (and 2 more after at Old Trafford).

And none other than Patrick Berger had his first score in these waters than at Bishopstown, the second at Sidetrax.

joe
15/06/2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Conor B
I don't believe this, an 'Administrator' Sh***ing on his own history, was is not Bishopstown where City almost pulled off the result that would have not seen them play MUTV in the next round, when a Decy Daly half volley was headed off the line and Galatasaray counter attacked and Kubalay Turkiliymanaz (impressive?) scored the winner (and 2 more after at Old Trafford).

didn't gloria miss a sitter in the same match as well

And none other than Patrick Berger had his first score in these waters than at Bishopstown, the second at Sidetrax.

and he wasn't the only Czech player on show that day that went on to become a household name after Euro 96

Conor B
15/06/2001, 11:25 PM
I'll have to dig out the program for that one....

Save me, who was it, Poborsky?

The Good Son
16/06/2001, 9:10 AM
That same Galatasary match I remember a Declan Hyde screamer heading towards the Rugby pitch end goal only for it to deflect of the Gala defender's back as he tried to avoid it.I don't know is it old age but am I the only one who would be happier if we were playing in our own stadium in Bishopstown, despite its faults it would've ended up a better option than the rented smallest pitch in the world we play in now, and lets face it the one thing The Box had going for it, i.e atmosphere, has been non-existantall season.For all Plonks faults,and there were a lot, at least he had ambition.If things had gone to plan we would be playing in probably the best stadium in the LOI with a fairly decent pitch.