PDA

View Full Version : Awol

Petmuller
15/02/2005, 4:37 PM
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Paul McTiernan. He still hasn't showed up for pre-season training and he's not answering his phone :confused:
I did hear that he was going to take a break from football but I never got that one confirmed. Anyone out there know what the story is??

Éanna
15/02/2005, 4:39 PM
I heard last year that he was studying in Limerick, could be something to do with the travel?

sligoman
15/02/2005, 5:19 PM
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Paul McTiernan. He still hasn't showed up for pre-season training and he's not answering his phone :confused:
I did hear that he was going to take a break from football but I never got that one confirmed. Anyone out there know what the story is??

I dont know Mr. Connor, I have'nt been in contact with him :D

Petmuller
15/02/2005, 6:17 PM
I dont know Mr. Connor, I have'nt been in contact with him :D
S1ht sligoman you made me :(

1 9 2 8
15/02/2005, 9:51 PM
Fcuk him if he dosn't want to play for Rovers and give 100% (which he didn't last season) we should sack him

Petmuller
15/02/2005, 10:09 PM
Fcuk him if he dosn't want to play for Rovers and give 100% (which he didn't last season) we should sack him

Strong stuff 1928, but you're probably right :mad:

Rory H
16/02/2005, 11:03 AM
i think he might be going back to the gaa...he seems unintrested now

Redzer
16/02/2005, 11:47 AM
Conner made it clear in no uncertain terms last night, if a player is not 100% ready to play for Sligo Rovers, then he will not entertain him. Out he goes.
This is a mega change in policy at Sligo Rovers. We have all watched players going through the motions. I believe whoever puts on the shirt this season, will have a belief in themselves and in the players around them. So if McT is not answering his phone or not turning up for training, thats him gone. And good riddence if thats his attitude. The lad has talent, and also ego.This could be a problem. I would still like him to stay.

Petmuller
16/02/2005, 3:57 PM
Sometimes we can be far too hard on our players, McT is prime example. He roared onto the scene a young lad with loads of ability and a hunger that's priceless. The dressingroom wasn't right, the 'manager' wasn't right and the playing pool was something that lacked disipline big time. All manager related problems. I think if it was a case of the young Paul McTiernan breaking into the side under the present manager then things would be hugely different. Something siemprered went on and on about in his posts was the manner in which McTiernan was wasted playing for Rovers. I think on that on our friend has called it spot on.
Sadly for Rovers and we the supporters McT feels let down big time, it's a shame really. I'd like to think that he'll reconsider and do something positive as it's in future years he'll regret it.