PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Limerick

LFC Blue
23/03/2017, 6:33 PM
After a sad week in the loi community it's back to business in the Carlisle grounds Saturday night against free scoring Bray. There's bound to be a lot of goals in this one. Here's hoping for a 4-3 Limerick win!

topfan
23/03/2017, 8:08 PM
It will probably be 0-0 so!! Would take a draw now, but knowing Limerick they'll probably go win it. Anyone back from injury? Selection in midfield will be interesting, Hery or O'Connor?

fieldofmarkets
24/03/2017, 9:15 AM
Thought O'Connor was very good when he came on last week and probably deserves to start. Not sure who he should be in for however, it's actually Duggan that has had a couple poor games. With Cork City the following week it might be the right week to sit him for the first 45 mins at least.

Jofspring
24/03/2017, 10:02 AM
I don't know about ye but I felt when we went back to the midfield from last season that played together all year it just clicked much better.

osarusan
24/03/2017, 10:36 AM
I think we will look ok against teams that attack themselves and play higher up the pitch. That creates space for us to use the ball in decent areas and fashion chances.

But when teams put two rows of midfield and defence between us and their goal, we will really struggle.

Aaron Greene doesn't strike me as somebody who will spent 90 minutes closing down our back 4 at least.

bluewhitearmy
24/03/2017, 12:03 PM
Well one thing for sure Lee J has to come back in after the ridiculous decision to drop him against Harps. I know O Conor did well when he came on but the midfield actually swung just when Lee J came on.

Surely its times for Brendan Clarke to come in now too.

Lim till i die
24/03/2017, 12:45 PM
Optimism hat on a week after Boharpsgate if we beat this beatable bray team we can have a good go off cork next week in front of a hopefully big crowd.

I'd go:

Clarke

Our only four defenders

O'Connor
Duggan
Lynch

Clarke
Tosi
Turner

Clarke (GK) is an absolute must at this stage.

Midfield is probably harsh on hery and kind to duggan but bray will be physical so shane gets the nod.

Haul Dean Clarke or Turner off with a half hour to go and let Ogbene run around them.

bluewhitearmy
24/03/2017, 1:24 PM
If we beat Bray and lose to Cork is it enough to keep Russell?

thomas72
24/03/2017, 2:15 PM
Lads this keep Russell sack Russell talk is a waste of time do you really think pat o Sullivan would sack Martin Russell not in a million years it would take something catastrophic I.E in the bottom 3 with 10 games to go and even then I'd be surprised.
he kept him the last time we were in premier told everyone at the time Martin is going nowhere pat loves him.

osarusan
24/03/2017, 2:38 PM
I've never seen O'Sullivan angrier than he was last Saturday though.

He is always animated, but he was downright furious at times.

sadloserkid
24/03/2017, 4:27 PM
Pat O'Sullivan could do absolutely anything. At any time.

Lim till i die
24/03/2017, 4:54 PM
If we beat Bray and lose to Cork is it enough to keep Russell?

At this club? Definitely.

Only caveat would be if we ship a hammering to cork, pat might pull the trigger then (assuming it's still up to pat). Getting hammered by cork was what finally put stuart taylor out of his misery.

Just on Pat, it must be hard for all the squealing josephines that the loudest, most obnoxious, ape in the ground is the chairman.

bluewhitearmy
24/03/2017, 6:30 PM
Spending an awful lot of money on a squad for a fella that has shown nothing to suggest he will ever get us competing for anything relevant imo. Never seen him out manage anyone seen him out managed time and time again by bang average and worse teams.

fieldofmarkets
24/03/2017, 10:05 PM
3 points tomorrow is in no way assured. I would be delighted with 3 points from the next two games.

Kennycon
25/03/2017, 7:03 PM
1up o Conner , playing well

thomas72
25/03/2017, 8:40 PM
Great 3pts tonight.
Cork in the Derby at home up next it like a free swing off them with the form there in they look really strong never know thou

Kennycon
25/03/2017, 8:42 PM
Super display from the blues , best I have seen us defensively

thomas72
25/03/2017, 8:52 PM
How did o connor do when he came on? Did robbie pick up a injury or was it over him Ben booked?

fieldofmarkets
25/03/2017, 11:32 PM
Injury. O'Connor looked ok.

EL_Limerick
26/03/2017, 6:29 AM
A couple of opinions about Martin, of course just personal opinion and I'm sure some of you will disagree (that's what being a fan is about)

I get the frustration but I think the criticism of Martin is often over the top, league cup final last year was a great achievement for a first division team (even with the budget) and I know we were soundly beaten in the end but I am sure ye will agree it was a brilliant night for the club.

The style of football under MR has been brilliant to watch and I believe it was the main reason crowds kept coming to games last season even when the league was all but over.

Truth is we needed to have one of the biggest budgets in the league just to have a fighting chance of survival. Squad still in the process of gelling, I'm confident for the season ahead should be aiming for a push for 6th or above and a decent run in the cup.

On POS I agree that it is unbefitting of a chairman to be roaring and bawling at the manager during a game and it must be annoying for the coaching staff whom I'm sure are aware of his eccentricities.

Finally, well done to all those who follow the team all over the country and create an atmosphere at the MF and at away games. Can't wait for the Cork match now, I hope Ogbene gets the chance to show Cork what they are missing out on and hope Caulfield gets dogs abuse for 90 minutes.

LFC Blue
26/03/2017, 7:02 AM
Excellent post.

thomas72
26/03/2017, 7:13 AM
What sort of injury has robbie?
This is what we all feared an injury to a centre half he will be a huge loss against cork

gael353
26/03/2017, 8:42 AM
Robbie had a calf injury and went off around 75. Limerick were never under any serious pressure in this, as the 6 in midfield for Bray never got going.
Ogbene played well, turner was poor so ogbene was substituted. Great strike by o'conor for the goal. Clarke looked assured in goals but he had little to deal with. 649 crowd. With about 150 Limerick and 40/50 Welsh. We dont win games usually 1 0 so theres always a fear.

osarusan
26/03/2017, 4:12 PM
Thought we did well last night.

Good first half performance, kept up an attacking presence throughout.

In the second, ok we had to face Bray pressure in the last 20 minutes, but I thought we were pretty comfortable. I don't think they created one real chance all game. A few shots and crosses but nothing beyond that.

Much more solid than usual defensively, and Davy O'Connor looked solid when he came on too.

Mastershake87
26/03/2017, 5:46 PM
Great result last night. Showed we can play and control a tight game and limit the opposition to half chances. Impressed with Tony Whitehead last night. Made some vital interceptions when it was needed and although not the tallest looks a decent prospect. Paudie doesn't seem quiet the loss now with this guy playing. David O'Connor came on and got a few mins under his belt. In truth he wasn't tested but I like the option of another left footed centre back when Williams is injured. Important to have good balance in defence if were going with passing the ball out.

da bishop
26/03/2017, 6:59 PM
Great result,delighted for Paul o Connor,big 3 pts.